Cell Solar Systen Statement

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Cell Solar Systen Statement

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Did akira even confirm this?
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Cell Solar Systen Statement

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Does he have to? If Toriyama writes for Cell to believe he strong enough to destroy the Solar System in one blast, he can damn well do it. There have been crazier feats thrown around in Dragon Ball which have later turned out to be true. But Toriyama doesn't really focus so much on attention to detail, so there's every chance that Cell statement was hyperbole for sole purpose of scaring the shit out of the cast.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Solar System busting does not happen until Beerus arrives in my opinion. Solar System busting is the limit on how far DBZ characters can go in my opinion. Anything above that is fan wank.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Does he have to? If Toriyama writes for Cell to believe he strong enough to destroy the Solar System in one blast, he can damn well do it. There have been crazier feats thrown around in Dragon Ball which have later turned out to be true. But Toriyama doesn't really focus so much on attention to detail, so there's every chance that Cell statement was hyperbole for sole purpose of scaring the shit out of the cast.
It actually does and I also believe its hyperbole.

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Solar System busting does not happen until Beerus arrives in my opinion. Solar System busting is the limit on how far DBZ characters can go in my opinion. Anything above that is fan wank.
You forgot Majin Buu/Broly collapsing galaxies by destroying planets.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

There's a guidebook that backs up Cell's claim :o

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:01 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Does he have to? If Toriyama writes for Cell to believe he strong enough to destroy the Solar System in one blast, he can damn well do it. There have been crazier feats thrown around in Dragon Ball which have later turned out to be true. But Toriyama doesn't really focus so much on attention to detail, so there's every chance that Cell statement was hyperbole for sole purpose of scaring the shit out of the cast.
This. You can say he can blow up the sun...but to destroy the massively bigger suns, probably not.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:04 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Solar System busting
This phrasing has singlehandedly destroyed language.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Solar System busting does not happen until Beerus arrives in my opinion. Solar System busting is the limit on how far DBZ characters can go in my opinion. Anything above that is fan wank.
Toriyama contradicts your opinion by having Cell saying that he can destroy the Solar System.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 am

Brolly does it at the start of Movie 8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scKgcFGTYRc and brolly does it because he is a loose canon. Cell is stronger then Brolly so he can destroy a solar system too, but he is no psychopath. I even think Freeza can pull that off but why would he.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 pm

shinmaru wrote:
Brolly does it at the start of Movie 8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scKgcFGTYRc and brolly does it because he is a loose canon. Cell is stronger then Brolly so he can destroy a solar system too, but he is no psychopath. I even think Freeza can pull that off but why would he.
Besides that being filler, that's a representation of his destruction over time, not the effects of a single attack.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:51 pm

rereboy wrote:
shinmaru wrote:
Besides that being filler, that's a representation of his destruction over time, not the effects of a single attack.
Especially seeing as the movie takes place in the South Galaxy, so obviously Broly didn't destroy all of it.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:26 pm

In the Dragonball universe's laws of physics, the exposing of a planet's core is all that matters in regards to making it blow up. Because of this, Vegeta was strong enough to blow up Earth in the Saiyan saga. That was a Battle Power of 18,000. Being 10,000x stronger means a Battle Power of 180,000,000, which is much weaker than SSJ Grade 2. I can see Cell's claims being very easily true.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:13 pm

If Snake way is as big as the DB universe map shows than cell is multi solar system buster I guess.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 am

Saiyan007 wrote:There's a guidebook that backs up Cell's claim :o
Anime guidebook.

Beerus can but Cell can't
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:54 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:There's a guidebook that backs up Cell's claim :o
Anime guidebook.

Beerus can but Cell can't
We don't need a guidebook. Cell states that he can in the manga and nothing really contradicts him. Dragon Ball is straightforward so there's no point in second-guessing statements like that.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Akira stated in an interview that beerus could destroy the entire Kaioshin realm, which is much bigger then a solar system.
Hi

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:56 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:
Akira stated in an interview that beerus could destroy the entire Kaioshin realm, which is much bigger then a solar system.
Says what?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:59 pm

If Cell says he can do it, he can. What's up for interpretation is how he'd do it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Well Kid Buu's death ball only blew up the Earth though. Both SSj2 Goku and SSj2 Vegeta were scared of Buu's attack and they were both stronger then Cell.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/