"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Zelvin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:45 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Dude that's like me going "Goku beats Freeza, Goku beats Boo", so there's nothing to be spoiled. Which isn't really true at all. A lot of people could have figured those out as well just like practically the ending of most DBZ movies where Goku usually wins, but there's still spoilers to be had.
As long as the specifics aren't shown, there's no spoilers. And Dimps isn't about to show anything that'd ruin the game for us. The only time in which the games story will be spoiled is after launch when players start uploading all of their game play videos on youtube to spoil it for everyone else.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 am

Zelvin wrote:
Which we won't have to worry about. The full story, specifics and possible continuations via DLC an expansions won't be told to us. Like some other things, about complete rosters and such, as the Developer have said before, we'll know at Launch. Basically we'll know when we play it.
I for one hope the DLC stuff isn't that much story related and transformation related, just have the DLC be more missions, a bit more costumes, and a few characters.
Careless Saiyajin wrote:Do you think the ending could leave a cliff hanger toward the new film or a sequel game ect? Very interesting...
If this ended with a cliffhanger, it can be these two things. Either Demigra will be untouchable and be the primary antagonist of a Xenoverse series or Broly will be the next villain for a sequel...which would be mindblowing and interesting for me.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:52 am

Zelvin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Dude that's like me going "Goku beats Freeza, Goku beats Boo", so there's nothing to be spoiled. Which isn't really true at all. A lot of people could have figured those out as well just like practically the ending of most DBZ movies where Goku usually wins, but there's still spoilers to be had.
As long as the specifics aren't shown, there's no spoilers. And Dimps isn't about to show anything that'd ruin the game for us. The only time in which the games story will be spoiled is after launch when players start uploading all of their game play videos on youtube to spoil it for everyone else.
By the next week, chances are footage of the entire game will be out in japanese. People will be discussing it here. Hell the brawl cutscenes came out real fast before the game came out in the west. All it takes is a few straight days of playing, and everything hidden will be uploaded. No way are people here going to ignore discussing the footage that will be out in the next few weeks.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:36 am

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:41 am

Whelp, spoilers will start buzzing I'm sure. So I'm evacuating till I get the game n my own hands now.

Someone be nice and PM me with answers to these when we get them?

--Is Time Patrol Trunks just a costume for Future Trunks?
--In what modes are the Fiendish controlled versions of characters (Cell, Freeza, pure Buu) playable, if any?
--Same as the above, but for Towa, Mira and Demigra's forms.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:43 am

Finally got some Jaco gameplay.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:58 am

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:08 am

dbzfan7 wrote:By the next week, chances are footage of the entire game will be out in japanese. People will be discussing it here. Hell the brawl cutscenes came out real fast before the game came out in the west. All it takes is a few straight days of playing, and everything hidden will be uploaded. No way are people here going to ignore discussing the footage that will be out in the next few weeks.
It's a possibility. An unfortunate one, but there isn't much you can do about it. Once the completed game is in circulation in Japan and videos begin showing with story elements and things DImps hasn't revealed globally, then if you want to avoid discussions about what was seen until after you've played the game for yourself, it would be best to take a hiatus away from DBZ/Xenoverse related forums or anything related to it on youtube and other media sources online. It's the only way to avoid the eventual spoilers.

I had always had a general rule for myself when concerning new releases in games or theaters; wait at least a month before talking about it. That way people have a fair amount of time to get acquainted with it. All too often I see people post things about movies and such on forums, whether for discussions on "who can beat who" on the day of the first release or within the first few days. Not many people are going to see/play things the first week. And even if a lot of people did, maybe you caught things about what you saw that they didn't. So exploding into detail about a subject matter that the Public as a whole hasn't had time to process yet is just the sign of a total douche.

Some people don't even see things for a good year because they wait until it's out on home release or netflix or other streaming services and they ask not to have spoilers mentioned, even long after something has been put out. Courtesy is a virtue and one not always expressed, especially when dealing with the internet. So the unfortunate truth is if you want to avoid spoilers for something you want to experience yourself, you'll have to keep away any and all sources that it'd be mentioned on.

In the case of Xenoverse, that would mean avoiding these and other DBZ-related forums until you've played the game yourself. Even then, I'll probably wait until the summer to talk about the story and more just gab about how awesome my CaC is.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:16 am

We're here to discuss everything XENOVERSE, those averted to news and information on the subject should take caution of this thread.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:27 am

Zelvin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:By the next week, chances are footage of the entire game will be out in japanese. People will be discussing it here. Hell the brawl cutscenes came out real fast before the game came out in the west. All it takes is a few straight days of playing, and everything hidden will be uploaded. No way are people here going to ignore discussing the footage that will be out in the next few weeks.
It's a possibility. An unfortunate one, but there isn't much you can do about it. Once the completed game is in circulation in Japan and videos begin showing with story elements and things DImps hasn't revealed globally, then if you want to avoid discussions about what was seen until after you've played the game for yourself, it would be best to take a hiatus away from DBZ/Xenoverse related forums or anything related to it on youtube and other media sources online. It's the only way to avoid the eventual spoilers.

I had always had a general rule for myself when concerning new releases in games or theaters; wait at least a month before talking about it. That way people have a fair amount of time to get acquainted with it. All too often I see people post things about movies and such on forums, whether for discussions on "who can beat who" on the day of the first release or within the first few days. Not many people are going to see/play things the first week. And even if a lot of people did, maybe you caught things about what you saw that they didn't. So exploding into detail about a subject matter that the Public as a whole hasn't had time to process yet is just the sign of a total douche.

Some people don't even see things for a good year because they wait until it's out on home release or netflix or other streaming services and they ask not to have spoilers mentioned, even long after something has been put out. Courtesy is a virtue and one not always expressed, especially when dealing with the internet. So the unfortunate truth is if you want to avoid spoilers for something you want to experience yourself, you'll have to keep away any and all sources that it'd be mentioned on.

In the case of Xenoverse, that would mean avoiding these and other DBZ-related forums until you've played the game yourself. Even then, I'll probably wait until the summer to talk about the story and more just gab about how awesome my CaC is.
There was an outlet. It's called the spoiler free thread. It was locked for honestly poor reasons. People could still talk Xenoverse without being spoiled. In this thread that's an impossibility.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:46 am

dbzfan7 wrote:There was an outlet. It's called the spoiler free thread. It was locked for honestly poor reasons. People could still talk Xenoverse without being spoiled. In this thread that's an impossibility.
Unfortunately, specifying a thread as "Spoiler Free" doesn't stop anyone from jumping in and spoiling things anyway. Ultimately it would've served no purpose because there's no way to keep those such people out of the thread.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:19 am

There are spoiler tags for some reason...

On the other hand, I don't care about spoilers in DBZ games.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:37 am

Zelvin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:There was an outlet. It's called the spoiler free thread. It was locked for honestly poor reasons. People could still talk Xenoverse without being spoiled. In this thread that's an impossibility.
Unfortunately, specifying a thread as "Spoiler Free" doesn't stop anyone from jumping in and spoiling things anyway. Ultimately it would've served no purpose because there's no way to keep those such people out of the thread.
Sure it has. I've seen it on other forums work fine. Only people to do that would be assholes. Unless everyone here plans on using a spoiler tag 24/7.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 am

The one thing that I don't understand about the roster we've been given is that we distinctly saw 'Super Vegeta 2' when Namdai were going through the character creation mode in their first English stream.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 am

Jaruka wrote:The one thing that I don't understand about the roster we've been given is that we distinctly saw 'Super Vegeta 2' when Namdai were going through the character creation mode in their first English stream.
That's why I'm just waiting until I get my hands on the game. SSJ4 Goku, Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta are also in the roster but we haven't seen them in the character select screen either, which must indicate you have to unlock the characters through the story mode, which means, the roster is not complete.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Jaruka wrote:The one thing that I don't understand about the roster we've been given is that we distinctly saw 'Super Vegeta 2' when Namdai were going through the character creation mode in their first English stream.
That's why I'm just waiting until I get my hands on the game. SSJ4 Goku, Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta are also in the roster but we haven't seen them in the character select screen either, which must indicate you have to unlock the characters through the story mode, which means, the roster is not complete.
I was referring to the list from 2chan that is taken from the guide and shows 46 characters and one secret character whom many suspect to be Broly. On that list it says Vegeta only has one form as does Adult Gohan.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:29 am

It's second day already and still nobody has found Broly? :lol:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:39 am

I'm impatient so I imported it for PS4. Didn't feel like waiting for the PC western release to play it.

I'll stream it as soon as it arrives so hopefully I can answer any questions and get a good deal of information from it :)
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm

I watched a few hours of a stream last night and this is what I learned:
Last edited by Shinnin on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 pm

didn't your character yell out makankosappo in the introduction video with piccolo?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/