Cell Solar Systen Statement

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Cell Solar Systen Statement

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:24 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:Yes that was the interview. The Kaioshin Realm is apparently 1/10th of the DBZ universe. So if thats true, then Beerus can easily destroy more then a solar system.
Again, says what?
The daizenshuu 4, page 73.
Care to provide the quote?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Kaioushin Realm:
The world where the Kaioushin, the highest ranking beings among the Kaiou, live. Its scope is about one-tenth of the combined space of the World Beyond and the Living World. Endlessly revolving around the circumference of the World Beyond and the Living World, they watch over the entire world and take balance. Planet Kaioushin makes up the center of the Kaioushin Realm. Planet Kaioushin is a solitary planet in the Kaiou Realm, and around it, there are numerous tiny suns. The only people in the Kaioushin Realm are Kaioushin, and Kibito, who acts as support.
[Par.] All lifeforms, other than Kaioushin, and all souls, cannot enter the Kaioushin Realm. The only ways to visit the Kaioushin Realm are by borrowing Kibito’s power, or by coming via Shunkan Idou. (Daizenshuu 4, Page 73)
Hi

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Care to provide the quote?
http://web.archive.org/web/201111040713 ... other#link

I don't see this claim, but this is Kanzentai's database for D4. Nothing I think says 1/10th of the universe.
Kaioshin Realm
A separate world that revolves around the afterlife and the entire universe like a satellite in order to survey them. It is impossible to come here except by teleportation.

The Planet of the Kaioshin
The planet that the Kaioshin reside on. This sturdy planet was used as the stage for the final decisive battle against Majin Buu.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:43 pm

IMO, "solar system busting" can mean one of three things: busting the sun, busting all nine planets one-by-one, or a huge blast engulfing the entire solar system itself.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:24 am

mysticboy wrote: busting all nine planets one-by-one
That's just planet busting. Any planet buster that can take out the largest planet in the solar system could do that.

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:26 am

rereboy wrote:
That's just planet busting. Any planet buster that can take out the largest planet in the solar system could do that.
That's assuming they have the means to reach all those planets. There is a subtle distinction there.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:31 am

Stonefallow wrote:
rereboy wrote:
That's assuming they have the means to reach all those planets. There is a subtle distinction there.
No, there isn't. Planet busting merely refers to the capability of destroying a planet. A fighter that doesn't have the means to reach a certain planet but has the power to destroy it if he reaches it, is still a planet buster, regardless of whether he actually destroys it or not or if he has the means to reach that planet.

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:04 am

mysticboy wrote:IMO, "solar system busting" can mean one of three things: busting the sun, busting all nine planets one-by-one, or a huge blast engulfing the entire solar system itself.
It's also an easy shorthand for figuring out whether or not someone's illiterate.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:18 pm

ImmaDeker wrote:It's also an easy shorthand for figuring out whether or not someone's illiterate.
Are these types of comments REALLY necessary? If you don't care for the topic at hand, there's nothing forcing you to even enter the thread.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 pm

rereboy wrote: No, there isn't. Planet busting merely refers to the capability of destroying a planet. A fighter that doesn't have the means to reach a certain planet but has the power to destroy it if he reaches it, is still a planet buster, regardless of whether he actually destroys it or not or if he has the means to reach that planet.
Personally, I agree with you. But the term "planet buster" is not exactly well defined in the first place. The closest thing you get to a definition comes from SporeWiki, and I'm not sure that counts as a true authority on the subject. It's just an internet trope, and there is certainly an argument that a person can be a "planet buster" by destroying a planet gradually.

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:19 am

Kaboom wrote:
ImmaDeker wrote:It's also an easy shorthand for figuring out whether or not someone's illiterate.
Are these types of comments REALLY necessary?
Yes.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:22 am

Stonefallow wrote:
rereboy wrote: No, there isn't. Planet busting merely refers to the capability of destroying a planet. A fighter that doesn't have the means to reach a certain planet but has the power to destroy it if he reaches it, is still a planet buster, regardless of whether he actually destroys it or not or if he has the means to reach that planet.
Personally, I agree with you. But the term "planet buster" is not exactly well defined in the first place. The closest thing you get to a definition comes from SporeWiki, and I'm not sure that counts as a true authority on the subject. It's just an internet trope, and there is certainly an argument that a person can be a "planet buster" by destroying a planet gradually.
Well, planet buster means what it literally says: a person who can bust a planet.

However, accepting someone who can only destroy a planet little by little as a planet buster, defeats the purpose of the classification because then the term wouldn't differentiate between someone who might take thousands of years to destroy a planet, little by little, and one who destroys it in one attack.

The basic purpose of the classification is to determine the potential of the characters destructive capability without resting/recharging. Because otherwise we aren't measuring his power, we are measuring his power times the number of times he rested/recharged.

The only problem with planet busting is that there are all kinds of planets, and a planet buster might be able to destroy a small planet but not a very large one. But in that case, we can differentiate further and call him a small planet buster and so on.

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
Well, planet buster means what it literally says: a person who can bust a planet.

However, accepting someone who can only destroy a planet little by little as a planet buster, defeats the purpose of the classification because then the term wouldn't differentiate between someone who might take thousands of years to destroy a planet, little by little, and one who destroys it in one attack.

The basic purpose of the classification is to determine the potential of the characters destructive capability without resting/recharging. Because otherwise we aren't measuring his power, we are measuring his power times the number of times he rested/recharged.

The only problem with planet busting is that there are all kinds of planets, and a planet buster might be able to destroy a small planet but not a very large one. But in that case, we can differentiate further and call him a small planet buster and so on.
If we can further differentiate the narrow definition of "planet buster", then we should be able to do the same with the broad definition. You can call them a "gradual planet buster" or an "immediate planet buster". This distinction you've created about not being able to rest or recharge is also arbitrary and designed to fit the definition you prefer. But even if I was to accept that limitation, that still would not disqualify a DBZ character from being a gradual solar system buster. Post-Yardrat Goku could teleport to each planet and destroy them one at a time without resting or recharging.

Asking "Is Character X a solar system buster?" is pretty much like asking "Is Character X canon?" It depends on what you mean when you are asking it. We can debate which definition better suits the purpose of the classification, but that seems like a circular argument from either side.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 am

Stonefallow wrote:If we can further differentiate the narrow definition of "planet buster", then we should be able to do the same with the broad definition. You can call them a "gradual planet buster" or an "immediate planet buster". This distinction you've created about not being able to rest or recharge is also arbitrary and designed to fit the definition you prefer. But even if I was to accept that limitation, that still would not disqualify a DBZ character from being a gradual solar system buster. Post-Yardrat Goku could teleport to each planet and destroy them one at a time without resting or recharging.

Asking "Is Character X a solar system buster?" is pretty much like asking "Is Character X canon?" It depends on what you mean when you are asking it. We can debate which definition better suits the purpose of the classification, but that seems like a circular argument from either side.
Generally the consensus on "busters" in the comic and manga community is a character busting something in the least amount of moves(preferably being singular). The only thing that changes really is the size of the feat. Not the ease in which it is done. I mean we don't go around calling humans "gradual planet busters" because they could gather as much nuclear material as they can and blow up the planet, now do we? Effectively anybody could bust a planet or bust the solar system from what you give as a "broad definition" if they're given enough time. Nothing is stopping me from spending the next 40 years of my life amassing enough knowledge and materials to take out our sun and have a ship to travel to each planet and detonate it with a large pile of nuclear bombs.

I think you're being to broad with the definitions here. If Goku could wipe out the solar system with a single Kamehameha then he is for all intensive purposes a solar system buster. If he has to teleport to each planet to blow them up one by one and then blow up the sun then he is merely a star buster at best.
Last edited by Hitiro on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 am

Hitiro wrote:Nothing is stopping me from spending the next 40 years of my life amassing enough knowledge and materials to take out our sun and have a ship to travel to each planet and detonate it with a large pile of nuclear bombs.
Except that that's impossible, sure.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 am

When people say "planet buster" they mean doing it with a single attack.

It's meant to establish a general tier of power.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:45 am

Hitiro wrote: I think you're being to broad with the definitions here. If Goku could wipe out the solar system with a single Kamehameha then he is for all intensive purposes a solar system buster. If he has to teleport to each planet to blow them up one by one and then blow up the sun then he is merely a star buster at best.
From my experience, whenever the term "solar system buster" comes up there are always people asking whether it has to be all at once. More often than not it winds up needing to be clarified. Technically SSJ1 Goku can destroy a solar system. Whether you want to count him as a solar system buster is up to you.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 am

Stonefallow wrote:
If we can further differentiate the narrow definition of "planet buster", then we should be able to do the same with the broad definition. You can call them a "gradual planet buster" or an "immediate planet buster". This distinction you've created about not being able to rest or recharge is also arbitrary and designed to fit the definition you prefer. But even if I was to accept that limitation, that still would not disqualify a DBZ character from being a gradual solar system buster. Post-Yardrat Goku could teleport to each planet and destroy them one at a time without resting or recharging.

I didn't create the distinction. The term is literally and commonly used for this purpose, for this distinction, in power debates. This isn't my personal preference, I was telling you how its commonly used and interpreted in power debates. Other interpretations defeat the purpose of its use and that's why they aren't used.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:37 am

Rocketman wrote:Except that that's impossible, sure.
I may have exaggerated the point but it still stands. With his "broad definition" practically anyone with a brain and the resources could wipe out the solar system.

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:17 am

rereboy wrote: I didn't create the distinction. The term is literally and commonly used for this purpose, for this distinction, in power debates. This isn't my personal preference, I was telling you how its commonly used and interpreted in power debates. Other interpretations defeat the purpose of its use and that's why they aren't used.
The term is used to describe one who can bust a solar system. "Bust" is a verb meaning "to break, smash, make inoperative, or bring an end to". Anything beyond that is opinion based. By your logic, since "canon" commonly refers to only the original manga than any other opinion would therefore be wrong. As I said, the term has no officially recognized definition. So it is your personal preference.
Hitiro wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Except that that's impossible, sure.
I may have exaggerated the point but it still stands. With his "broad definition" practically anyone with a brain and the resources could wipe out the solar system.
I don't see the problem with that. If a person has the resources to destroy a solar system why should they not be considered a solar system buster? Neither you or I would have the resources to do that, nor do most fictional characters in general. If the feat can be done, it is worth recognition.