"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm going to buy this game tomorrow for xbox 360, which will be my first DBZ game since Raging Blast 2, so definitely looking forward to this.

I have a question for xbox users, which game modes will I miss if I DON'T have Gold membership?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Okay, is there any special way to defend from the escape moves that actually cause you damage? Cuz they're routinely chipping away at my health with those things. I try defending but either I'm not hitting it on time or it's not working. Do you just need to try to back away fast enough?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Unless something went screwy, PC Xenoverse might have gotten bumped up? I refreshed the store page to recalculate when it comes out in my time zone and the release date is set for this afternoon. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but now I'm CRAZY excited that this is real.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I'm constantly knocked off the Xenoverse server. Can't remember the last time I say an actual player running around. Is it just me?
This happens a whole lot and I really hope it's something that fixed. I usually do online battles from the offline lobby, but I would like to be in the online hub without constantly being kicked out.

I think they'll address it, I mean they have to, right?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm loving the heck out of this game, but mr santana is kicking my ass, I saw many combo vids, but I cannot go past 5 hits no matter what combination of buttons I use. Is there anyone here who has pulled a 20-long combo?
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Not on whatever part you're at specifically, but I've been able to get close to 30 by juggling people in the air pretty easily.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Pre-load is now live for Xenoverse on Steam. Jump on that so you can play when it launches in about 5 hours :D
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Do you think we'll be able to play SSJ4 Vegeta after release? I mean like additional DLC or something.

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Anybody got any tips on how to make sure Gohan and Krillin don't get KO'd? I'm at the part where Goku's in Ginyu's body and where all fighting Guldo with some goons inside Frieza's spaceship. I'm kickin' butt, but Krillin and Gohan can't seem to hold their own.

The checkpoint system is terrible.
Last edited by Ultimate_DB_Fan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Anybody got any tips on how to make sure Gohan and Krillin don't get KO'd? I'm at the part where Goku's in Ginyu's body and where all fighting Guldo with some goons inside Freeza's spaceship. I'm kickin'' butt, but Krillin and Gohan can't seem to hold their own.

I essentially just kept switching between enemies. Doesn't Ginyu have a move that explodes and hits multiple foes? I think I used that often, too.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Anybody got any tips on how to make sure Gohan and Krillin don't get KO'd? I'm at the part where Goku's in Ginyu's body and where all fighting Guldo with some goons inside Freeza's spaceship. I'm kickin'' butt, but Krillin and Gohan can't seem to hold their own.

The "Checkpoint system" adds to the difficulty. I like how it isn't so easy. Krillin lacks defense, usually I just attack the person that Krillin is locked on, until they all go away eventually.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Big Momma wrote:

I essentially just kept switching between enemies. Doesn't Ginyu have a move that explodes and hits multiple foes? I think I used that often, too.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:51 pm

dualist wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:I'm constantly knocked off the Xenoverse server. Can't remember the last time I say an actual player running around. Is it just me?
This happens a whole lot and I really hope it's something that fixed. I usually do online battles from the offline lobby, but I would like to be in the online hub without constantly being kicked out.

I think they'll address it, I mean they have to, right?
I just want to say this issue doesn't seem to really be effecting me on 360.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:57 pm

I just had that happen to me earlier, and it was pretty annoying. I didn't even think I was playing online at all since I was doing offline Parallel Quests and the story mode, so...what the hell.
Twitter

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Not on whatever part you're at specifically, but I've been able to get close to 30 by juggling people in the air pretty easily.
I can't juggle anything if my life depended on it XD, but I'm doing quite well with Double Sunday and Saucer Blade as my supers, I can chain them nicely with all square combo.

Anybody knows how much can equipment screw your stats? Like the Saiyuki set has 3- on normal attacks and strike supers in all it's pieces. I really wanna use it but I think those 3- spell doom XD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Mnich wrote:Do you think we'll be able to play SSJ4 Vegeta after release? I mean like additional DLC or something.
They probably will release it later on. Remember when Super Vegetto and SSJ Barwick was pre-order only and they said they had no plans to release it later...then out of nowhere they did.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Hey did anyone know where the 10X Kamehameha is located at for our CaC's?
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Mnich wrote:Do you think we'll be able to play SSJ4 Vegeta after release? I mean like additional DLC or something.
They probably will release it later on. Remember when Super Vegetto and SSJ Barwick was pre-order only and they said they had no plans to release it later...then out of nowhere they did.
SSJ 4 Vegeta is a complete beast in parallel quests I have been doing.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:54 pm

GoldLiger wrote:Hey did anyone know where the 10X Kamehameha is located at for our CaC's?
I believe you need to be level 70 and train with Goku. I think you need to beat the Gohan and Goten mission in his training to get it.

Also guys I could use some stat help. I reset my points, but have yet to decide how to place them properly this time.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:30 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
GoldLiger wrote:Hey did anyone know where the 10X Kamehameha is located at for our CaC's?
I believe you need to be level 70 and train with Goku. I think you need to beat the Gohan and Goten mission in his training to get it.

Also guys I could use some stat help. I reset my points, but have yet to decide how to place them properly this time.
Health, stamina, Ki, and basic melee. Forget the rest.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]