Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Anyone believe that Goku(before Vegeta arrive) is going to defeat Freeza but something prevents him from finishing the job? With Beerus comments we may see BOTH Goku(who loses due to something) and Vegeta kick some Freeza ass.

I asked this because (and not to be too in universe or power related) Freeza was NOT damaged to the point of bruises when he evolutionize. However when he finally beats Goku. He looks like this

And when he first transformed

I wonder now. If I'm correct... then what cause Goku to lose :think:

Beerus Comment: "You brought it upon yourself". This can be about Goku losing, Freeza losing, or even Freeza coming back.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:19 pm

What's with the whole "Goku will arrive before Vegeta" thing going on here?
From the looks of this they arrive together.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:22 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:What's with the whole "Goku will arrive before Vegeta" thing going on here?
From the looks of this they arrive together.
Arrive to the Goku and Freeza fight. Even if Vegeta on the sidelines. He's not in the battlefield quite yet.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:24 pm

I so dig puzzles like this. =u=

Theory! Ok, maybe because they initially think Freeza will be easy to beat so they do a rock-paper-scissors and Gokû wins and gets to go first?
Ah, but if it became obvious he was overestimating, wouldn't Vegeta join in anyway to help?

Vegeta doesn't look injured at all in this new trailer.

They reused(?) the "shocked Vegeta" from BOG in the earlier trailer; but that may have just been something they whipped together real fast to have a reaction shot and may not even use that in the actual movie. It's not in the 2nd trailer at all.

Were there any parts of BOG's first trailer that were removed from the 2nd version and not used at all?

I feel like this month's VJump (which I'd almost forgotten about w/how much is going on right now) will solve at least some of those questions.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Whenever I see Vegeta I smile instantly. Man, his design is so awesome in this movie. Since his childhood with his stylish bangs he doesn't have an epic visual.

Vegeta, this is your moment! 8)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Gokuu probably wins jan-ken and is allowed to fight Freeza first.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Gokuu probably wins jan-ken and is allowed to fight Freeza first.
I thought about that too. :lol: Though it is unfair, Kakarot has already won against Buu. If this is really Vegeta's moment, he must win jan-ken! xD

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 pm

I'm just gonna say that this fight is gonna turn out like the battle against Kid Buu...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:29 pm

I was looking over the Battle of Gods script and I noticed a line I'd forgotten about. As Beerus is talking to Whis about Planet Vegeta, we get this line:

Beerus: "I have to admit, though, Freeza is a bad apple, too. He's so self-important. The next time I see him, I think I might destroy him, too."

Obviously it's just a throwaway line meant to build up Beerus' character for the audience, but I wonder whether we'll see some interesting engagements there. Beerus' goofy arrogance matched up against Freeza's unyielding haughtiness; it sounds like an amazing scene waiting to happen.

And, of course, we have the newly established 'Beerus asked Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta' tidbit. I have to wonder whether that will be brought up and how Vegeta will react to it. I imagine there's some drama in there that could mix things up a bit. Maybe Freeza saying something like, 'You ask me to destroy their planet and now you're in cohorts with them?! Training them?!'.

Draaaaaaaaama.

I get the feeling (though perhaps it's just baseless optimism) that there's more to this movie than a simple 'Freeza's back, guys!'.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:31 pm

Hope you are right, Ajay. Hope you are damn right.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I'm just gonna say that this fight is gonna turn out like the battle against Kid Buu...
Doubt so. I always thought the battle against Kid Buu was a bit sloppy ("why didn't they do this", "why didn't they do that", etc.) because Toriyama knew the end of the manga was coming and he was just writing whatever to wrap up the saga. For Revival of F, on the other hand, Toriyama has had a lot of time to plan the story.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 pm

And, of course, we have the newly established 'Beerus asked Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta' tidbit

Mhmm? Where is this? Might need to adjust something

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:39 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
And, of course, we have the newly established 'Beerus asked Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta' tidbit

From Steve Simmons' subs:

Some of the more trusted fansubs went with the clearer, "Did Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta for me?".

Deadtuber.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:41 pm

I dunno. I always interpreted that as, "I was going to destroy Planet Vegeta, but then Freeza ended up doing it anyway. Oh, well." I never interpreted that as, "I asked Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta for me." At least, I seriously hope that isn't the case.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:

From Steve Simmons' subs:

Some of the more trusted fansubs went with the clearer, "Did Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta for me?".
Did beerus actually ask him to destroy planet Vegeta or is he wondering if Freeza destroyed it so he doesn't have to now?

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Vegeta will blast Goku to the sun... All the crowd will cry intensely

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 pm

What if Planet Vegeta somehow ended up in another universe instead of getting destroyed? What if the place Bardock was sent to in Episode of Bardock is also another universe? What if Freeza beats everyone in this movie and destroys the Earth, but the Earth get sent to another universe instead? :shock: To be continued in DBZ 2017...

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 pm

bleed0range wrote:
Did beerus actually ask him to destroy planet Vegeta or is he wondering if Freeza destroyed it so he doesn't have to now?
I'm rooting for the second one.
Also, Freeza kind of confirmed he doesn't know Beerus since he said his father warned him about Beerus so, that means he doesn't know him in person.
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I dunno. I always interpreted that as, "I was going to destroy Planet Vegeta, but then Freeza ended up doing it anyway. Oh, well." I never interpreted that as, "I asked Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta for me." At least, I seriously hope that isn't the case.
Apparently, Xenoverse goes with the "Beerus asked" interpretation for what it's worth.
Last edited by Saiga on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:46 pm

I actually don't know. For some reason, I always interpreted it as Beerus asking him to do so since he goes on to talk about Freeza's personality.

It may well be the other way. You'd have to wait for someone like SaiyaJedi or Herms to chime in on that one.

Deadtuber.