Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Marco Polo wrote:What if Planet Vegeta somehow ended up in another universe instead of getting destroyed? What if the place Bardock was sent to in Episode of Bardock is also another universe?
Both are possible. As explained by Xenoverse and I liked it, a wormhole is the responsible.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:50 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I actually don't know. For some reason, I always interpreted it as Beerus asking him to do so since he goes on to talk about Freeza's personality.
Maybe he knows Freeza because of Whis' staff?
(I always thought Beerus watched Freeza from a far distance and never made contact with him, he just knew the situation...)
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:51 pm

The way it's worded in Japanese isn't too specific. Not enough that it has to mean Beerus actually said to Freeza "hey Freeza, can you do me a favor? Blow up Planet Vegeta so I don't have to".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:08 am

Herms wrote:The way it's worded in Japanese isn't too specific. Not enough that it has to mean Beerus actually said to Freeza "hey Freeza, can you do me a favor? Blow up Planet Vegeta so I don't have to".
Ah okay, that's interesting. I guess 'trusted' as far as fansubs go isn't the most reliable thing in the world. Simmons' work seems to be as ambiguous as what you the describe the original line as being.

What would you interpret it as? This all starting to blow my mind a bit. I'd just accepted it as yet another Toriyama retcon! I'm definitely with GafferTape in hoping it's more just a 'Oh, Freeza did it? I guess I don't have to now' kinda thing. Though that would make my fun little fan-scenarios post totally invalid!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:09 am

Marco Polo wrote: Doubt so. I always thought the battle against Kid Buu was a bit sloppy ("why didn't they do this", "why didn't they do that", etc.) because Toriyama knew the end of the manga was coming and he was just writing whatever to wrap up the saga. For Revival of F, on the other hand, Toriyama has had a lot of time to plan the story.
Alright, let me put it this way.
  • We have both Goku and Vegeta going up against Freeza (Just like Goku and Vegeta vs. Buu).
  • Instead of taking him on together they do rock paper scissors to see who get's to fight Freeza (Just like against Buu).
  • Goku win's and get's to fight Freeza and Vegeta stands on the sidelines (just like against Buu).
  • The battle begins and it looks like Goku has this in the bag. But Freeza transforms and beats Goku down.
  • So vegeta then decides to take over for Goku and fight Freeza (again, just like Buu).
  • While this is happening we have two people that can end this whole fight in an instant (Beerus and Whis) but don't because it's Goku and Vegeta time.
    This is all looking really familiar... Oh yeah, like the battle against Buu both Gohan and Gotenks could have ended the fight in an instant.
Somehow Vegeta kills Freeza and the Earth is saved. Unless for some reason Toriyama lets Freeza live and he comes back for a sequel...
While not completely the same they has similarities.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:18 am

Beers has never had that aura of being very preachy about his 'duties' as a god, so I don't really see him being very concerned about the extinction of races or even Freeza's conquering of worlds. In other words, I think Beers is pretty indifferent to Freeza and doesn't really consider much of what others do to be his problem to fix. It'll be interesting to see how specifically he reacts to the events of the movie, then, since he otherwise seems more concerned with doing his own thing. If Beers was going to battle Freeza I would have to think that such an event would be a major part of marketing. Judging by Beers' personality and his demeanor in the trailer I'd think his attitude about the situation is "Yeah, whatever, do your thing" in regards to Gokuu and Vegeta training and eventually trying to fight Freeza.

Here's an idea: Gokuu and Vegeta pull a Luke Skywalker and challenge Freeza before they've finished their training. It would be The Empire Strikes Back all over again. Definitely something to fuel a potential cliffhanger.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:29 am

maybe this part of the booklet given in BOG limited edition helps to solve the mystery?
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:30 am

After seeing the trailer so many times (to get used to Freeza's fourth form new colors, but I just can't), I don't think Earth will be destroyed, Kakarot is the only one screaming. I think everyone would be heard if that was the case. As one already said it way earlier before, it is just for the sake of "despair" and "drama" to the trailer. Though I must admit... I got goosebumps whenever this part occurs.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 am

That is a chilling scream; like a genuine "despair" scream, not a usual one at all. OuO
JulieYBM wrote:Here's an idea: Gokuu and Vegeta pull a Luke Skywalker and challenge Freeza before they've finished their training. It would be The Empire Strikes Back all over again. Definitely something to fuel a potential cliffhanger.
I want a cliffhanger ending so bad:
-we've never had one before
-can't get more "despair" than to have no resolution until the next time
-it could add to the reasons why no Shida in this movie; because they're saving him for the next one
-there will be so much plot speculation in-between F and movie 20.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:46 am

I agree that a dark end would be a good thing to happen in this movie... Something like Goku get his own hand cutted, learn that Bardock is his father and Gohan to get a carbonite bath.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:49 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Ah okay, that's interesting. I guess 'trusted' as far as fansubs go isn't the most reliable thing in the world. Simmons' work seems to be as ambiguous as what you the describe the original line as being.

What would you interpret it as? This all starting to blow my mind a bit. I'd just accepted it as yet another Toriyama retcon! I'm definitely with GafferTape in hoping it's more just a 'Oh, Freeza did it? I guess I don't have to now' kinda thing. Though that would make my fun little fan-scenarios post totally invalid!
I'd pretty much translate it the same way Simmons did (just to be boring). I guess I could also go with "did Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta so I don't have to?", but that might be a bit too loose. Anyway, while I suppose the simplest interpretation is that Beerus asked Freeza to do it, I don't think it's exact enough to rule out that Freeza destroy it of his own volition, and this simply lined up with Beerus' desires. Like, "oh, I wanted Planet Vegeta destroyed, and it looks like Freeza's going to blow it up! That'll save me some trouble. He's really doing me a favor". Well, phrased that explicitly it does seem like a stretch, but like I said, I think the original wordings is vague enough to leave something like that possible.
Beerus-sama wrote:maybe this part of the booklet given in BOG limited edition helps to solve the mystery?
Ah, that's interesting: "In Battle of Gods, a line appeared that seemed to imply Beerus has ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta". Then it goes on to wonder exactly what happened in the universe back in the old days before Beerus went to sleep.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:51 am

Shida could have probably worked on Fukkatsu no F if he wanted to. I don't think he's being that bent over backwards. He or Yamamuro might have just felt like he got to steal the spotlight for Kami to Kami, so it was someone else's turn. God knows who that someone else might be, of course.

As an aside, Shida's upcoming work on Disk Wars: Avengers will be this month, so it should be interesting to see how he closes out his spectacular run on that series.
She/Her

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:06 am

Herms wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:maybe this part of the booklet given in BOG limited edition helps to solve the mystery?
Ah, that's interesting: "In Battle of Gods, a line appeared that seemed to imply Beerus has ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta". Then it goes on to wonder exactly what happened in the universe back in the old days before Beerus went to sleep.
Thanks for the translation :D :D

In that part of the booklet theres like a "family tree" where it connects Beerus with Freeza with an arrow ,from Beerus to Freeza, saying he let Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta (惑星ベジータを破壊させる)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:09 am

JulieYBM wrote:Shida could have probably worked on Fukkatsu no F if he wanted to. I don't think he's being that bent over backwards. He or Yamamuro might have just felt like he got to steal the spotlight for Kami to Kami, so it was someone else's turn. God knows who that someone else might be, of course.
If not Shida, I want it to be Tate. I know it's probably not Tate, but I really liked his parts of the Jump 08 special; and his OP clips are so fun and fluid. =u=
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:16 am

Chuquita wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Shida could have probably worked on Fukkatsu no F if he wanted to. I don't think he's being that bent over backwards. He or Yamamuro might have just felt like he got to steal the spotlight for Kami to Kami, so it was someone else's turn. God knows who that someone else might be, of course.
If not Shida, I want it to be Tate. I know it's probably not Tate, but I really liked his parts of the Jump 08 special; and his OP clips are so fun and fluid. =u=
It depends, really. Tate Naoki became an officially credited second character designer for Disk Wars: Avengers in October. Yamamuro Tadayoshi was the only credited character designer up to that point. Although Tate did do some work as one of two animation supervisors for two episodes last fall he has remained mostly silent. Before that he hasn't done any work between Disk Wars: Avengers Episode #16 and #29-30, so it's certainly possible he might have done some work on Fukkatsu no F if he was feeling particularly ambitious. Despite being the character designer of Majin Bone we have seen Oonishi Ryou play an active part as a key animator for that series. Even Hisada Kazuya does occasional key animation or animation supervision for One Piece despite being its character designer and chief animation supervisor. I haven't had the sense that Tate Naoki has been busy acting as a chief animation supervisor since he took up the role of character designer, as such, outside of providing new character models I'm not entirely sure he is very busy, but that could easily be wrong.
She/Her

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 am

Beerus-sama wrote:In that part of the booklet theres like a "family tree" where it connects Beerus with Freeza with an arrow ,from Beerus to Freeza, saying he let Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta (惑星ベジータを破壊させる)
That's more like he "made" Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta.

Looking through Chouzenshuu 4 a bit, the entry for Planet Vegeta in its locations dictionary likewise says Beerus "ordered" Freeza to destroy it.

Gosh darn it, none of these things are supporting my preferred interpretation. Oh well.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:33 am

Herms wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:In that part of the booklet theres like a "family tree" where it connects Beerus with Freeza with an arrow ,from Beerus to Freeza, saying he let Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta (惑星ベジータを破壊させる)
That's more like he "made" Freeza destroy Planet Vegeta.

Looking through Chouzenshuu 4 a big, the entry for Planet Vegeta in its locations dictionary likewise says Beerus "ordered" Freeza to destroy it.

Gosh darn it, none of these things are supporting my preferred interpretation. Oh well.
Really?
I find させる can mean both "to make someone do something" or "allow someone to do something"...

I also prefer the interpretation that he was lazy so expected Freeza to destroy it for him instead of him ordering Freeza to do it...
I hated that line in the spanish dub :x I refuse to believe it!

Theres also the line of Freeza about his father warning him about Beerus, so that confirms he hasn't met Beerus before so he couldn't order him anything xD
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:40 am

So... Is Bills the responsible for Saiyans' death?

That would make that one signature: "Default Toriyama's response to in-universe story: Beerus did it" even more likely. :lol:

And I wouldn't like it at all, Freeza actually had a reason to kill them, Bills doesn't. But, from my personal view... I can like if it comes to be somehow useful in this new movie. Bills admiting to Kakarot he is the responsible for Saiyans' death and apologizing for killing his parents, then Wiss steps in and shows Bardock vs Freeza, or a little bit of Bardock and Gine.

Then, I catch me wondering how it would be Vegeta's reaction to this revelation. :think:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:44 am

Dyno wrote:So... Is Bills the responsible for Saiyans' death?

That would make that one signature: "Default Toriyama's response to in-universe story: Beerus did it" even more likely. :lol:

And I wouldn't like it at all, Freeza actually had a reason to kill them, Bills doesn't. But, from my personal view... I can like if it comes to be somehow useful in this new movie. Bills admiting to Kakarot he is the responsible for Saiyans' death and apologizing for killing his parents, then Wiss steps in and shows Bardock vs Freeza, or a little bit of Bardock and Gine.

Then, I catch me wondering how it would be Vegeta's reaction to this revelation. :think:
No. Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta and is responsible for the near extinction of the Saiyans. It's confirmed in the manga and Dragon Ball Minus.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:45 am

If Bills indeed ordered/asked him, then it makes Bills the responsible, Freeza was just his hands in action.