Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GokuRules987
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 am

I dont understand why did frieza feared bunch of low class saiyans one day rebelling against him? If he could easily reach ssjgod+ level in 4 months what would be the problem? Or why didnt he went back to training after goku fight after becoming mecha? Non of that falls into any sense because when you decide to bring a fodder like frieza with all tricks up the sleeve that he had, its hard to really give him any reasonable insane power buffs.

Toriyama shouldn't made Frieza the main villian for that reason alone. And coming up with new ideas shouldnt be that hard when you already gave the last movie the idea of other universes. Ohh well i guess if you want to turn DBZ into ToonForce of inconsistent nonsense maybe he should sell his story rights to Disney, cause I'm sure they will find a good way to make dragon ball even more inconsistent.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:10 am

When's the earliest that we'll get a summary for the 2nd chapter of the manga tie-in?
Linda Young 4 lyfe

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:10 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:When's the earliest that we'll get a summary for the 2nd chapter of the manga tie-in?
Maybe the 15th.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:11 am

GokuRules987 wrote:I dont understand why did Freeza feared bunch of low class saiyans one day rebelling against him? If he could easily reach ssjgod+ level in 4 months what would be the problem? Or why didnt he went back to training after goku fight after becoming mecha? Non of that falls into any sense because when you decide to bring a fodder like Freeza with all tricks up the sleeve that he had, its hard to really give him any reasonable insane power buffs.

Toriyama shouldn't made Freeza the main villian for that reason alone. And coming up with new ideas shouldnt be that hard when you already gave the last movie the idea of other universes. Ohh well i guess if you want to turn DBZ into ToonForce of inconsistent nonsense maybe he should sell his story rights to Disney, cause I'm sure they will find a good way to make dragon ball even more inconsistent.
Your question could be aimed at Freeza as he was in the series too though.

The strongest Saiayn was like 10,000 in PL, and Freeza had 150 million. Why would he fear them ever rebelling? It's because he's paranoid and cowardly.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:26 am

GokuRules987 wrote:I dont understand why did Freeza feared bunch of low class saiyans one day rebelling against him? If he could easily reach ssjgod+ level in 4 months what would be the problem? Or why didnt he went back to training after goku fight after becoming mecha? Non of that falls into any sense because when you decide to bring a fodder like Freeza with all tricks up the sleeve that he had, its hard to really give him any reasonable insane power buffs.

Toriyama shouldn't made Freeza the main villian for that reason alone. And coming up with new ideas shouldnt be that hard when you already gave the last movie the idea of other universes. Ohh well i guess if you want to turn DBZ into ToonForce of inconsistent nonsense maybe he should sell his story rights to Disney, cause I'm sure they will find a good way to make dragon ball even more inconsistent.
He heard rumor of super saiyan and super saiyan god, and even though he was sitting pretty power wise decided to eliminate the saiyan race just to be safe. Also, Freeza has no idea how strong super saiyan god was, didn't know or need to know he could even reach such limits via training, and was never pushed to even consider training at that point. I see nothing wrong.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:29 am

I was under the impression that since Freeza never had to and never tried to... he had no idea of how strong he could become if he put actual effort into training like Goku or Vegeta have.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:41 am

radrappy wrote:

He heard rumor of super saiyan and super saiyan god, and even though he was sitting pretty power wise decided to eliminate the saiyan race just to be safe. Also, Freeza has no idea how strong super saiyan god was, didn't know or need to know he could even reach such limits via training, and was never pushed to even consider training at that point. I see nothing wrong.
First able Frieza never mentioned super saiyan god. He only knew about the super saiyan. and even when you mentioned that to him, he would even get paranoid. My point is that frieza doubted that he would one day wont be able to control the saiyans and they would rise up and defeat him which is silly to think. And if he was planning on defeating goku after the namek fight, he would have atleast went and trained with king cold for a couple months before coming to earth. There is no indication in the original manga that frieza could increase his power by training or if it would even effect him.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:44 am

GokuRules987 wrote:And if he was planning on defeating goku after the namek fight, he would have atleast went and trained with king cold for a couple months before coming to earth. There is no indication in the original manga that Freeza could increase his power by training or if it would even effect him.

A) he mentions that his cyborg implants made him much stronger than during his fight with SSJ Goku already.

B) the man has never trained, has never seen the need to train, and wasn't about to start unless he absolutely had to. He's arrogant, foolhardy, and ignorant besides. He rushed to get his revenge and paid dearly for it; he's not going to make that mistake twice.

c) he mentions super saiyan god in DBminus. Whether you choose to treat this as "canon" is up to you but you should definitely count on it being part of the same canon as Fukkatsu no F given that Jaco is also set to appear.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:48 am

Why do people always forget freeZa was afraid of the Saiyans growing stronger that's why he destroyed the planet.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:57 am

It's clear from his latest dialogue in the manga chapter that the reason he never trained after losing to Goku is that he STILL didn't consider Goku's win a legit win, after Namek. He STILL was in denial, even after getting left for dead.

It was only after Trunks killed him a second time that it finally got pounded into his head that he was actually outclassed.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:04 am

Okay i believe Frieza has hidden powers that makes him stronger than God Goku, but what about the rest? how did Frieza learned too fight martial arts so well? or does Frieza have any new techniques similar to instant transmission in order to keep up with Goku?

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 am

I personally never really saw Freeza as ever being that afraid of Saiyans to begin with. I mean sure he feared them to a certain extent in that they had the potential to become a threat in the future, but I feel that Freeza never really considered them to have the potential to become so powerful that he would eventually be beaten by two of them.

At most they were a group of ignorant monkey-men who could eventually rebel against him which would be a pain to take care of, given there were at least a couple hundred of them, which resulted in him destroying nearly all of them to prevent that from ever happening.

I mean Freeza back then was the kind of guy who even if there was someone stronger than him, he would probably be in denial and insist that he were the stronger one. This happened with Goku before (twice to a certain extent) and the guy seems to have finally learned his lesson in this movie.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:09 am

Honestly upon watching the newest trailer for Revival of F... I am super, SUPER pumped to see this movie, now. Enough so that I might just fly out to Japan and see it. I have a friend who's actually stationed there at one of the US Air Bases, so I wouldn't even have to pay for lodging! Of course I've never been to Japan.. I wonder if I could even figure out how to buy a ticket and find the theater lol! Freeza has obviously been my favorite DB character all along.. it seems like the movie is going to do him justice. And with all the crazy stuff we see in the trailer, it looks like it'll be a wild ride.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution!" -Evil Lord Freeza
The best and most powerful villain in Dragon Ball

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:43 am

So... why did Beerus want Planet Vegeta destroyed in the first place? :?: Did King Vegeta anger him or something, lol

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:21 am

radrappy wrote:
Dyno wrote: Freeza's return is fan-service. He wouldn't return if Toriyama didn't have listened to Maximum the Hormone's song.
You do realize you've somewhat contradicted yourself? Freeza returning is fan-service? As in Toriyama has descended from on high proclaiming "I have heard the demand for Freeza's return and I am here to answer it?" Where have you seen this demand? Freeza is coming back because Toriyama got the idea for the story by listening the Maximum the Hormone's song, not any semblance of desire from a very vocal fanbase. That's why it was such a surprise in the first place. It's completely out of left field. This whole thing is. What would have been predictable is a movie with a new villain pulled from no where. Instead we're getting Freeza, Jaco, and a whole host of other wonderful surprises.

By that standard, hopefully the next DBZ film finally introduce Towa & Mira as the main antagonists seeing as how they aren't exactly new villains from no where.
Marco Polo wrote:So... why did Beerus want Planet Vegeta destroyed in the first place? :?: Did King Vegeta anger him or something, lol
Maybe the planet reeked of Monkey ass and it offended his delicate nose. Or perhaps because the Saiyans are quite a rambunctious race
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 am

mAcChaos wrote: Your question could be aimed at Freeza as he was in the series too though.

The strongest Saiayn was like 10,000 in PL, and Freeza had 150 million. Why would he fear them ever rebelling? It's because he's paranoid and cowardly.
Because he saw how easily they improved dramatically. Even some of their low class were starting to put his elites to shame. Its shown in the manga that Freeza knew about Zenkais and thanks to Oozaru, a 10.000 fighter could easily turn to a 100.000 fighter. If a saiyan got to 50.000, with Oozaru he would already rival first form Freeza. If Freeza was ambushed by fighters like that, since his transformations aren't instant, it could be dangerous even for him.

And to top it off, there was the legend of the SSJ.

His fears were justified. Unless he could train for 4 months and reach Beerus level... Oh, wait..
mAcChaos wrote:It's clear from his latest dialogue in the manga chapter that the reason he never trained after losing to Goku is that he STILL didn't consider Goku's win a legit win, after Namek. He STILL was in denial, even after getting left for dead.

It was only after Trunks killed him a second time that it finally got pounded into his head that he was actually outclassed.
Which makes him appear more lazy and stupid than in the original manga. Also, in the original manga, Freeza mentions to Cold that he probably can win by himself since he is stronger than before but with Cold there they will surely. That doesn't sound to me as someone who is in denial regarding the fact that he might not have the upper hand.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:08 am

Still no Bulma blog update. Not getting one today, I guess.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:05 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:12 am

Chuquita wrote:I wonder if Whis checked in with Beerus first to ask if he'd be cool with his teacher teaching Gokû and Vegeta? If Whis decided to on his own, Beerus is in for a surprise when he wakes up.
What would Beerus do? Whis is way stronger than him, so yeah... He would hold that feeling to himself

Why would Freeza fear the Saiyans?

If all Saiyans in Planet Vegeta unite and transform into Oozaru they could cause major problems to Freeza and destroy him before he transforms. Freeza is not afraid of myths, Freeza don't deal with legends, Freeza deal with facts... And the fact is that the Saiyans togheter could be a real threat to him

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:21 am

-Earth exploding in the trailer-

Don't think it gonna happen either. Like people already said, it can be just for the sake of drama and teasing.
It can happen. But it can be just a vision too. Maybe from Oracle Fish or any other character, that thinks about what gonna happen to earth, if they don't stop Freeza.

Goku had one of these when Freeza was drowning him on Namek.

-Freeza died when Trunks cut him in pieces-
Nop.
Freeza was cut in pieces in Namek and survived.
Namek exploded and he survived.
Trunks sliced him like Pizza, but he only truly died when Trunks blew him away.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.