Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot9001
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:12 pm

So... How Vegeta will surpass Goku if both train together with the same master?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:So... How Vegeta will surpass Goku if both train together with the same master?
Why is everyone assuming Vegeta will surpass Goku? I very much doubt that's gonna happen.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Doctor. wrote:Why is everyone assuming Vegeta will surpass Goku? I very much doubt that's gonna happen.
I agree... But yeah, by the trailer impressions Vegeta will be "the one" this time

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Is there any subbed version of the trailer in HQ up yet?
Kakarot9001 wrote:So... How Vegeta will surpass Goku if both train together with the same master?
Maybe Vegeta will take control of the power he displayed against Beerus, which made him stronger than Goku.
Doctor. wrote:Why is everyone assuming Vegeta will surpass Goku? I very much doubt that's gonna happen.
We see Goku getting horribly beaten up by Golden Freeza, but all we've seen about Vegeta is either him standing & watching, or powering-up. Plus, Toriyama said before that he would like to have Vegeta to play the main role.
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Sedorna
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sedorna » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Why is everyone assuming Vegeta will surpass Goku? I very much doubt that's gonna happen.
Furthermore, simply training together with the same master does not mean they're guaranteed to be equals. After all, both Goku and Kuririn trained together with Roshi, and Goku quickly surpassed Kuririn.

Does anybody else think it will be fun if they show scenes of Goku and Vegeta training interposed with scenes of Freeza training, possibly with catchy training montage music?

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:21 pm

This is how I could see the movie ending:

After Vegeta and/or Goku defeat Freeza, Whis decides trap Freeza in a cosmic ki prison cell and banish him to another universe (let's say 5) so he can never come back (the dragons have no juristiction in other universes).
Eventually over many years Freeza's anger and ki rise to the extent that he manages to escape the prison. Upon realising that he can no longer go back to Universe 7, he begins to take out his anger on universe 5, destroying everything in sight.
Eventually the God of Destruction for Universe 5 goes to see who is doing his job and promptly destroys Freeza, the Kais of U5 see U7 sending such a monster to their Universe as a decleration of war on a universal scale, any universe that commits an act of aggression to another must be destroyed no matter what.
They then gather the strongest warriors of U5 (and perhaps other universes) along with their God of Destruction to take the war to them and destroy all of U7

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Vegeta defeating Freeza does not imply Goku is weaker. As we see in the trailer, Freeza is covered in blood and wounds after fighting Goku. He could have just been tired enough for Vegeta to finish him off.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:24 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:but all we've seen about Vegeta is either him standing & watching, or powering-up.
Don't ever forget. :lol:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Dyno wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:but all we've seen about Vegeta is either him standing & watching, or powering-up.
Don't ever forget. :lol:

I didn't. He is still standing & watching there. His surprise could have been because of Freeza's new massive power-up, not because he is scared or something like that.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Didn't got the joke. :problem:

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 pm

SonsOfUlron21 wrote:http://youtu.be/lBYcssVQURw

Try this!
A flipped trailer with a 20 second intro, obnoxious watermarks and a shoddy translation. What am I meant to be trying here?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:54 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
A flipped trailer with a 20 second intro, obnoxious watermarks and a shoddy translation. What am I meant to be trying here?
At least he tried, man

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:07 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
SonsOfUlron21 wrote:http://youtu.be/lBYcssVQURw

Try this!

It was the least I could do man, I'll try and find for u.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:13 pm

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 pm

I know this isn't for a while now, but I'm starting to wonder whether or not FUNi will keep the original attack names this time. I mean, we can almost be sure that "Tri-Beam" will be in there, but "Kienzan" and "Makankōsappō" could go either way at this point (thanks to Kai).
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:28 pm

MagicBox wrote:I know this isn't for a while now, but I'm starting to wonder whether or not FUNi will keep the original attack names this time. I mean, we can almost be sure that "Tri-Beam" will be in there, but "Kienzan" and "Makankōsappō" could go either way at this point (thanks to Kai).
Talking about that... Krillin's Kienzan could easily destroy most of Freeza troop, I hope he don't forget this time

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 pm

MagicBox wrote:I know this isn't for a while now, but I'm starting to wonder whether or not FUNi will keep the original attack names this time. I mean, we can almost be sure that "Tri-Beam" will be in there, but "Kienzan" and "Makankōsappō" could go either way at this point (thanks to Kai).
Kinda odd, seeing that "Kikoho" is by far the easiest of those to pronounce.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Kinda odd, seeing that "Kikoho" is by far the easiest of those to pronounce.
Kikoho is easy to pronounced :shock: . Kienzan is the easiest for me. Till this day I can't spell or say Makankōsappō

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Anyone else interested in that red demon guy who beats up piccolo? He looks sick.
Hi