Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:51 am

Monkey King Vegeta wrote:Just a few thoughts.

-Jaco, I don't know what to think of this guy. From what I read about him on Minus, he seemed pretty lame, but its nice to see him animated and fighting along side the Z Fighters.

-Golden Freeza is actually a nice design once you get used to it, I think he'll have another upgrade to that transformation maybe when he gets God power.

-Whis and Beerus are back, I'm hoping that Whis offers Freeza the God of Destruction status and goes on a planet destroying spree worst than Beerus, and is unstoppable because he's doing his job.

-It seems to be likely as Earth is shown blowing up, perhaps this hints at only a handful of people surviving, Bulma, Dende, Vegeta and the young Saiyans.

-Vegeta's transformation to SSJG requires 5 pure blooded Saiyans, so maybe Trunks, Gotens, Vegeta, Tarble, and Bulma (Bra inside) will be used to give him his turn?

-I'm actually glad the SSJ transformation won't be relied on this time around, I prefer stuff like "mystic" and base form, the only ssj form I liked was Broly's Restrained, yet he's non-canon.

-If my theory is correct, they'll use the dragon balls at the end to restore "all the planets Freeza had destroyed" and will unintentionally bring back Planet Plant, with a silhouette of a monkey tail signaling the revival of the Saiyans.

-Minus aside, I really need for Toryama to clear the Saiyans' history up to the point of working under Freeza, he did make the Tuffles canon so I'm hoping he'll explain all of that.
The thing of the Saiyan God ritual for Vegeta it really makes me confused. Vegeta is shown to train with Whis and also powers up in the trailer to a form that doesn't imply he was about to turn a Super Saiyan only. So we should assume that he is a God by that time? If so, I'd like to think that Vegeta got the form before the movie(maybe it will be a flashback there that he did) to be on par with Goku. Vegeta said in the end of BoG that the wanted Goku next time to help him to become a God. But if Goku was then a God himself, can he take place in the ritual once more? Or rather, Goku is able to trasmite energy to Vegeta when he has God power? Would now Goku be any useful for such a ceremony? In that case they should call Tarble instead of Goku to help him to become a Saiyan God, because Bra has not been conceived yet, has she? But if Vegeta was able to turn God, how could he absorb the power just like Goku? Is there any guarantee that Vegeta is just the same prodigy like Goku is? Or he was able to do it just because he is also a Super Saiyan and a Super Saiyan body maintains that power, no matter what?

I'm seeing that we are talking about Jaco, but I really want Tights to appear too.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:38 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Personally I don't see a single reason why Jaco would even appear in a dragon ball movie? Most dbz fans dont even know him
Jaco has been out in a while in Japan. If you are talking about in the US then sure but it's different in Japan. I hope Jaco does not show up out of nowhere just to help out the Z fighters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:03 am

Hoping to see 18 kick some ass in this after the newest blog entry. Her return to the battlefield is long overdue.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:12 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:Personally I don't see a single reason why Jaco would even appear in a dragon ball movie? Most dbz fans dont even know him
Jaco has been out in a while in Japan. If you are talking about in the US then sure but it's different in Japan. I hope Jaco does not show up out of nowhere just to help out the Z fighters.
Freeza was/is a Galactic olverlord who threatens the Universe's peace, I think it's very reasonable for Jaco to appear on Earth to learn more about his intentions, as he is now resurrected. Maybe he will be the key how to stop him, maybe he knows about the other universes too or spaces between them, as how could he be imprisoned. There uis a lot a of time since he let the Earth and they were very developed technically back then.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:30 am

TJVY wrote:Hoping to see 18 kick some ass in this after the newest blog entry. Her return to the battlefield is long overdue.
I'm hoping to see #17 and #18 reunite and kick ass together. That would be pretty cool.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 am

TJVY wrote:Hoping to see 18 kick some ass in this after the newest blog entry. Her return to the battlefield is long overdue.
Honestly I think Krillin should stay at home with the kid and let his much more powerful wife deal with this mess.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:44 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Freeza was/is a Galactic olverlord who threatens the Universe's peace, I think it's very reasonable for Jaco to appear on Earth to learn more about his intentions, as he is now resurrected. Maybe he will be the key how to stop him, maybe he knows about the other universes too or spaces between them, as how could he be imprisoned. There uis a lot a of time since he let the Earth and they were very developed technically back then.

I think Jaco roll is simple goes something like this, he was investigating Sorbit and Tagoma trying to find out why Freeza empire is so active recently. And followed them to Earth to find himself in the middle of chaos and disaster he can't handle. After discovering their goal to revive Freeza he tries to stop them, but of course he fails.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
We got the chapters of Jaco at the same time as Japan in Weekly Shonen Jump. Yeah, it took a while to get the volume, but we got the material when Japan did.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:57 am

So what? That applies to every single time a new/unknown character appears in the series. And the fact that 'most' fans don't know him only makes his appearance all the more relevant.

Sedorna
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sedorna » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 am

Barunks wrote:
Honestly I think Krillin should stay at home with the kid and let his much more powerful wife deal with this mess.
I thought so, too, but then I realized that Kuririn knows Freeza, so that might be why he's going out to fight. Plus, just because 18 is home with Marron does not mean that she won't be doing any fighting.

I would love for there to be a scene wherein a bunch of Freeza's soldiers come across 18 and Marron. They use their scouters, notice 18's laughably low power level, and decide this'll be way too easy. And, of course, 18 proceeds to kick their asses.

"How can this be?! Her battle power is barely readable! I know that earthlings can change their battle powers, but hers isn't changing at all! So why are we all getting killed?!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 am

Never really imagined #18 as a tsundere before, but...I can kinda see it. :lol: It's interesting that they keep mentioning Kuririn's hair though, and that it's grown out. It's almost a given that his hair is gonna make an appearance before we finally see it get shaved (offering even more proof that not every little detail in the manga is going to be in the film...whatever happened to the second chapter of that anyway?), so I'm wondering if it's not the same hair he had in BOG at all.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:20 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Never really imagined #18 as a tsundere before, but...I can kinda see it. :lol: It's interesting that they keep mentioning Kuririn's hair though, and that it's grown out. It's almost a given that his hair is gonna make an appearance before we finally see it get shaved (offering even more proof that not every little detail in the manga is going to be in the film...whatever happened to the second chapter of that anyway?), so I'm wondering if it's not the same hair he had in BOG at all.
She probably has softened her attitude after living with a family for so many years.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
MagicBox wrote:The last moment they shared that was even remotely touching was when... she told him to be careful when he flew off to chase Yamu and Spopovitch?
The last moment was actually in GT...
I wasn't counting anime-only stuff when I said that.

If they really do share a touching moment in the film, I'm pleasantly surprised that Toriyama would try to inject a little heart into his screenplay. I still remember that "Sachie-chan Guu!!" interview where he annoyingly said that he absolutely does not want his audience to feel anything while they're reading his stuff. Glad he changed his mind a little.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am

I can kinda see some tsundere with 18, but Vegeta's definitely the most tsundere of the cast. 'Don't think I'm rescuing you because I care about you, Kakarrotto; it's just that I'll be the only one to defeat you!' (Didn't he rank on some crunchyroll poll on the subject a while back? I think he was the only male on that poll too).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:07 pm

mAcChaos wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Never really imagined #18 as a tsundere before, but...I can kinda see it. :lol: It's interesting that they keep mentioning Kuririn's hair though, and that it's grown out. It's almost a given that his hair is gonna make an appearance before we finally see it get shaved (offering even more proof that not every little detail in the manga is going to be in the film...whatever happened to the second chapter of that anyway?), so I'm wondering if it's not the same hair he had in BOG at all.
She probably has softened her attitude after living with a family for so many years.
From prophesied genocidal psycho to pretty chill mother and wife. Imagine how Future Trunks would react if he saw that.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Chuquita wrote:I can kinda see some tsundere with 18, but Vegeta's definitely the most tsundere of the cast. 'Don't think I'm rescuing you because I care about you, Kakarrotto; it's just that I'll be the only one to defeat you!' (Didn't he rank on some crunchyroll poll on the subject a while back? I think he was the only male on that poll too).
He's like the original tsundere.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:09 pm

I was about to say that. Vegeta is definitely the most tsundere in the series, maybe that's why I don't like him :lol:
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:15 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:What does his strength have to do with him being worth remembering? What would have been gained from him being a "more ruthless character"?
I wouldn't bother myself to ask something like that to him, waste of time...

JulieYBM wrote:Because characters settling their differences with violence isn't the only exciting way to tell a story?
Thank you. Pretty much this.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 pm

I wonder if there can only be one person with super saiyan God power at a time. Maybe Goku has to relinquish the power to Vegeta in order to defeat Freeza. Maybe they take turns using it while training with Whis. Or maybe Goku is not a god anymore but just retains a fraction of the power. Or or maybe Vegeta just has hidden strength and power Whis is training him to use.

I really have no idea what's up with Goku and Vegeta's power in this movie!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:40 pm

So I take it Vegeta is going to be the hero in this film? That's a bit dissapointing to me, I never was much of a Vegeta fan, and making him the hero seems like it goes against the ending of the manga.