Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by shinmaru » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 am

Saiga wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:
Saiga wrote:Taking the Kamehameha or Dragon Balls out probably wouldn't be a good idea either.
Sure it could. It would all depend on what kind of story Toriyama or Toei set out to tell. There's nothing inherently wrong with not using some of a series's notable features in new material. Not every Dragon Ball story needs Super Saiyans, Goku's signature attacks or even the dragon balls themselves as long as it keeps the series's general aesthetic and brand of action. I'd welcome stories set in the Dragon Ball universe that ditch most of its familiar trappings. More stories like Jaco: The Galactic Patrolman, for instance.
Jaco's really not what I mean. I mean ditching them as part of a new status quo, like seems to be happening with the new movies and Super Saiyan.
Ditching Super Saiyan 2 and 3 Is good if we get more DBZ. I think thats the reason why Tori is ditching those transformations.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:14 am

Pretty interesting to note that Goku is apparently tanner in the new film and promotional arts. I kind of dig it over his typical lighter skin color.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:19 am

Trunks letter confirms that he won't be in this movie.
Last edited by shinmaru on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friezaa!

Post by Friezaa! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 am

I'm hoping(if the rumors are true) that if vegeta does end up saving the day, that its just to set up for a more complex/interesting story telling for future movies or a new series if they'l be one. Meaning the big bad wont always be dealt with by goku or by h influence. But if vegeta is becoming the new main focus, then id say(as much as like him) that would be an absurd and a sinful route.

Why? vegeta is still proven to be the evilest character in the entire anime! lol
F-F-FFRIEEEEEZZAAAA!!!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am

Barunks wrote:Freeza appeared in a flashback in BOG and then became the main villain in the following film, so what if this is a trend and Future Trunks being in a flashback is actually supposed to be a forshadowing for his role in a third movie?
You're way over thinking things, dude.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 am

I know this is not, err, canon, but I like the idea of Trunks sending letters to Bulma every now and then to say that he's doing well. This is rather plausible.

What's implausible is the idea of Trunks hearing a rumor about Freeza being resurrected. I imagine him walking in the street and overhearing a conversation like this:
"Hey, I heard a galactic conqueror named Freeza is being resurrected in an alternate timeline!"
"That's interesting."

Oh, and why does he feel so bad about himself? He sounds like "Hey, I sliced Freeza with my sword dozens of times and then destroyed what was left of him with a point-blank ki blast, I'm sorry about not finishing him properly."
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:14 pm

shinmaru wrote:Trunks letter confirms that he won't be in this movie.
That sucks. But what can you do?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:What is this?

http://www.ichibanya.co.jp/campaign/dragonball/
I have no idea but I cut out Goku. I love this image!

Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Kakarot's feet is weird. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:35 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:

Does any get that warm, fuzzy feeling whenever you see image like this?

Or is it just me?

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:

Does any get that warm, fuzzy feeling whenever you see image like this?

Or is it just me?
I just start giggling like a creepo :lol: :thumbdown:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
bleed0range wrote:It would be interesting to see what threats may present themselves in future trunks timeline. Wait, doesn't new namek exist in his timeline too? Couldn't he have wished everyone back to life? I only just thought Of that.
Porunga can only wish one person at a time and, besides, nobody but Goku knew where New Namek was, not even Kaio-sama.
Porunga was upgraded to be able to revive multiple people at some point after the Freeza Arc in the main timeline. I'd imagine that the same occurred in Future Trunks'.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:52 pm

bleed0range wrote:
mikey4111 wrote:
No one cares that Freeza trained and got stronger. It's the fact he trained for FOUR MONTHS and is already stronger then SSJ God.
Yeah but how much time passed between when Goku left for Namek and when he fought Freeza? How much stronger did he get? It was a ridiculous level of strength gained. Freeza's power level at 100% pure final form was on a level that no one could touch and yet Goku miraculously was able to do so in a short amount of time.

According to the DB timeline... Goku is hospitalized from his fight with Vegeta (which was on Nov. 3rd), November 4th of Age 762. Goku leaves for Namek on December 18 of Age 762 and completes his training under 100x gravity by December 23rd. Goku transforms into a SSJ on December 24th. That means in a span of just over a month Goku went from his power level fighting the saiyans to Freeza's level and beyond. The difference in their power between when he left and when he defeated Freeza was about as astronomical as this.

To put things in perspective. Radditz arrived only one year before that when everyone's power levels were below 1000. It's not that hard to believe.

The perceived strength of SSJ3 Goku vs. Beerus is unknown. Goku could have been completely defeated by a flick of Freeza's finger if Freeza had run into him when Radditz did. Freeza was like a million times stronger. Goku was able to close-in on that in about a year. Most of that in just about a month.
Goku's power level only went up from 30,000 to almost 200,000 in that month he trained on his way to Namek. That's not nearly as crazy as Frieza's power change from being weaker then a SSJ1 to being stronger then a SSJ God. The only thing that makes Goku's power up on Namek crazy AFTER he trained was his zenkai he got after he was healed, going from 200,000 all the way to Frieza's final form at 1%. But Frieza doesn't get zenkais so it doesn't matter.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Friezaa! wrote:If vegeta is becoming the new main focus...
The main focus in Z (Manga,2008 OVA,BOG) is always changing so after this movie the focus will shift from him to someone else.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 pm

I believe it's restaurant in Japan with a FnF promotion going on, like KFC did with Battle of Gods.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 pm

mikey4111 wrote: Goku's power level only went up from 30,000 to almost 200,000 in that month he trained on his way to Namek. That's not nearly as crazy as Freeza's power change from being weaker then a SSJ1 to being stronger then a SSJ God. The only thing that makes Goku's power up on Namek crazy AFTER he trained was his zenkai he got after he was healed, going from 200,000 all the way to Freeza's final form at 1%. But Freeza doesn't get zenkais so it doesn't matter.
It went from 8000ish to 90 thousand. The rest was due to the Kaio-Ken.

Power level discussion doesn't go in this thread. There is a thread in the in-universe section for that.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=29453
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Bam, perfect avatar 8)
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm wondering that myself. Is it some Curry restaurant where you can also buy Dragon Ball related plates and cups? Or is that just what it's served on?

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:08 pm

VyeRo wrote: Also, I am afraid they honestly have forgotten about Bra...
It's possible Bulma's pregnancy could be revealed during the movie like Videl's was in Battle of Gods. I've tried to think of humorous scenarios in which not even Bulma knows, yet somehow everyone ends up finding out.
A curry restaurant chain in Japan is having a promotion where you can send in your receipt for the chance to win the prizes shown on the top half of the page. In restaurants, there will also be a box you can pull from to win the pins shown on the bottom half of the page (you may also receive tickets you can send in to win a fancy ass display box for the pins). The pins are each half circles, so if you get more than one you can match them up in whatever pairings you like :wink: Interesting to note that it's not possible to have Gokuu face off against Freeza with these pins, but it is possible to put Vegeta against Freeza (of course, it might just be an assumption that the pins only come in the versions shown here...but to orient them the other way would mean flipping the art, so...) More fuel for the "Vegeta is the hero" fire?

For the blog entries, I wonder if we'll have a Takeshi Kusao interview now that future Trunks has appeared on the blog. If they do, it might be confirmation that current Trunks doesn't have a significant role, since they might let him do it only when there's nothing more he could potentially reveal. Still hoping that they're not telling us everything and that Trunks does have an important role (come on, Freeza swore revenge against him, it wouldn't be right for him to only appear in a flashback). I'm also hoping that the lack of Horikawa means there's still something to reveal about Vegeta (that, or some mundane out-of-universe reason like Horikawa is too busy at the moment to comment on the blog). And I'm wondering what might happen if Hiromi Tsuru makes an appearance...how would Bulma's intro go? "Today we have the actress who plays...me? What are you talking about, no one else is me, I am me!"
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube