"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EA575
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by EA575 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:00 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:So GT Trunks is a separate character.
This makes me very happy, even though he may play very similarly to Future Trunks. I just feel like GT Trunks should be separate from Future Trunks.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:16 am

Huh, so the DLC characters will slide right in place there rather than just getting tacked on at the end there? Wasn't expecting that, though it makes me happy as that looks a lot better.

Though that means if we get Eis and Nuova in the next DLC, the selection screen is gonna look a little uneven until we get Jaco as well.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 am

About how much weaker by default is the Freeza clan than the human class, as a percentage? Is this something I should concern myself with?
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:16 am

Aren't there supposed to be 3 DLC Packs? If Eis and Nuova are in the Second one, then who is going to be in 3? O_o

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:37 am

I would love to have everyone's GT outfit for alternate costumes, or at least everyone's BoG/RoF costumes. 18 needs her other costumes there.

GT Goten anyone? :D
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:08 am

Dammit, I played the quest Legendary Super Saiyan like 8 times yesterday and didn't got Super Saiyan..... then I've learned that the drops are randomized?
Same happen with I am the Strongest on Earth for master Vegeta (Which I played 20 times with all perequisities)....

That's kind of turn down for me. I play the game hard way, train like hell and got greeted with this unrewarding system. Typically Japanese grindfest.
Or do I have a chance to obtain the stuff the other way? (Like SSJ with 50 000 Zeni?)
I will go back to play Mass Effect trilogy if this continues :lol:
Last edited by MCDaveG on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:10 am

TJVY wrote:I would love to have everyone's GT outfit for alternate costumes, or at least everyone's BoG/RoF costumes. 18 needs her other costumes there.

Yeah, I would love GT Vegeta and Gohan in suit.
I don't understand some of the costumes by the way, like Yamcha having two same costumes with same stats (forgot to check and he has different attacks?).
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:38 am

MCDaveG wrote:Dammit, I played the quest Legendary Super Saiyan like 8 times yesterday and didn't got Super Saiyan..... then I've learned that the drops are randomized?
Same happen with I am the Strongest on Earth for master Vegeta (Which I played 20 times with all perequisities)....

That's kind of turn down for me. I play the game hard way, train like hell and got greeted with this unrewarding system. Typically Japanese grindfest.
Or do I have a chance to obtain the stuff the other way? (Like SSJ with 50 000 Zeni?)
I will go back to play Mass Effect trilogy if this continues :lol:
You must pray to RNG God for drops. Grinding for costume sets is pain in the as..

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 am

Cool guide a couple pages back...unfortunately I'm going to play the game the complete opposite way, not worrying about making an optimised character at all and just going "yeah, that looks cool"...I dunno, I just have more fun that way. I may start worrying more about making an actual effective character when I finish story mode and start doing PvP stuff, but until then, whatever.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 am

I just got four star dragon ball as a gift from the system. Isn't that great? :D +2 to achievements.

I have a question to you guys. I want to create my second character. I think it's about time to play with Freeza's race, but I don't know what is better for them - melee or ki. Do you have any experience with this race?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:39 am

Woow, I got it too. I already had one though and accepted this thinking I'd have two in my bag. Oh how wrong I was.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:35 am

Mnich wrote:I just got four star dragon ball as a gift from the system. Isn't that great? :D +2 to achievements.

I have a question to you guys. I want to create my second character. I think it's about time to play with Freeza's race, but I don't know what is better for them - melee or ki. Do you have any experience with this race?
For the love of god dont do Ki. Every one of the Freeza race outfits butchers the Ki super stat. The race is built for melee.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:55 am

Anyone wanting Xenoverse character optimization help: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... pid=323470

Thinking of slapping this in my signature, by its not my guide so I would need to check website policy for that.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:07 am

How does the Season Pass work?
I bought it on PSN, does the DLC get downloaded automaticly when it gets released? Or do I have to do anything?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:28 am

songohan619 wrote:How does the Season Pass work?
I bought it on PSN, does the DLC get downloaded automaticly when it gets released? Or do I have to do anything?

The DLC packs should download automatically when they are released to the public.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:36 am

Anybody know how long the season pass is available for? I'm kind of waiting for some money to come in and can't get it just yet.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:37 am

MCDaveG wrote:
TJVY wrote:I would love to have everyone's GT outfit for alternate costumes, or at least everyone's BoG/RoF costumes. 18 needs her other costumes there.

I don't understand some of the costumes by the way, like Yamcha having two same costumes with same stats (forgot to check and he has different attacks?).
Yeah anyone know what's with that it's been annoying me a lot.... Some chars have 1 or two outfits goku has like ten and many are duplicates...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 pm

TobyS wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:

Yeah anyone know what's with that it's been annoying me a lot.... Some chars have 1 or two outfits goku has like ten and many are duplicates...
The outfits aren't really there for cosmetic reasons. Each set for the main characters indicates their Skill Sets and Stats. Goku has the most because he went through more changes than any other character.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Mnich wrote:I just got four star dragon ball as a gift from the system. Isn't that great? :D +2 to achievements.

For the love of god dont do Ki. Every one of the Freeza race outfits butchers the Ki super stat. The race is built for melee.
Yes unfortunately Frost Demon specific clothing is aimed specifically at Melee. Some pieces do increase Ki, but not Blast Supers. At this time, Frost Demons are the only race without a set specifically for Blast Supers. I don't know if this was a mistake or if we're being forced to buy one in the DLC packs. Namekians and Majin both have sets specifically for Melee or Blasting, as do Earthlings and Saiyans. Only Frost Demons are getting shat on here in that regard.

So to counter that effect I put nothing into Basic Attack and Strike Supers and loaded Blast Supers, Ki and Stamina as my top 3 stats for my Frost Demon. Any of the race armors would bump the rest and my character ultimately has a more Balanced stat distribution by the end. I only do this because I've found (for myself) that Beam Attacks are ultimately more useful than just about every melee attack that isn't Meteor Crush.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Yes! I have obtained all the characters! Now when the DLC pack comes out my roster won't look goofy! But man I'll never have to grind for those accused Dragon Balls again! And yes the Frost Demons do not cater to Ki Blast stats at all. My first character is a Frost Demon and I've created him to be balanced/Super Ki type. Had I know what I do now I would've went a different route. But thank Shen Long for multiple created Characters!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Question: Which is the Best level for the Buu Arc? I wanna know.

P.S I am Lv. 34.
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.