Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
Dyno
Banned
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:18 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Freeza already mentioned his dad in the FnF manga...>.>
Made by Toyotaro with no sign of being part of the main series, just like Ooishi also did a manga and it serves nothing but entertainment.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:And now I'm bored.That's in the last WEEK.You've been doing this for months now.
Why shouldn't I ? The whole point of this thread is to speculate and debate on what will happen in the movie.

But WOW it's been nearly 6 months since the movie was announced and now we're down to half a month till we know about every small detail of the movie.
You're not speculating. You're spamming your fanboyism as fact, and it's annoying. I know of 5 people, at least, who have blocked you so they wouldn't have to put up with it.

If you're going to speculate, do it like a rational human being like everyone else. "Vegeta is obviously going to kill Freeza" posted ad infinitum isn't speculating.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:[Post of ultimate counter]
At this rate I totally expect the movie suddenly being a pile of shit to some people if things don't go Vegeta's way, even if the film itself is amazing.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: You're spamming your fanboyism as fact, and it's annoying.

I know of 5 people, at least, who have blocked you so they wouldn't have to put up with it.
What's annoying is you're miserable attitude and what's more annoying is the mods not doing anything about it.

Do you think I care if you or anyone else doesn't like what I have to say ?
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: You're spamming your fanboyism as fact, and it's annoying.

I know of 5 people, at least, who have blocked you so they wouldn't have to put up with it.
What's more annoying is you're miserable attitude.

Do you think I care if you or anyone else doesn't like what I have to say ?
*Your*

I'm assuming you do, since you seem to be expecting feedback.

Now this has been off-topic long enough. Moving on.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10262
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by rereboy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Everybody take a deep breath and let it go before the moderation has to do something about the discussion :)

User avatar
voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by voltlunok » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:And now I'm bored.That's in the last WEEK.You've been doing this for months now.
Why shouldn't I? The whole point of this thread is to speculate and debate on what will happen in the movie.

But WOW it's been nearly 6 months since the movie was announced and now we're down to half a month till we know about every small detail of the movie.
Because there is speculating and then there is what you've been doing, speaking like your thoughts on what we've seen is fact and gonna happen in the movie!
I'm not hoping he defeats Freeza,I know he will.
Stuff like this for example! How do you know? For all we know Vegeta will get stomped by Freeza and it'll be Jaco to defeat the golden horror! (Golden Horror, gotta write that down.) Speculation is fine, but asserting it as fact like you have a direct info pipeline from Toriyama's desk is annoying. So for the sake of having a calm thread, I ask ya tone it down bro.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

User avatar
fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5269
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: New York

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Dyno wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Freeza already mentioned his dad in the FnF manga...>.>
Made by Toyotaro with no sign of being part of the main series, just like Ooishi also did a manga and it serves nothing but entertainment.
To be fair, the mentioning of Future Trunks in this context is something one would expect from a fan/non-Toriyama manga as well. But from the new trailer, we see a flashback of him cutting down Frieza, which leads me to believe the manga and movie will go hand in hand. The dialogue where Frieza mentioned his dad is very important to the story too.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

User avatar
Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:38 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Vegard Aune » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Dyno wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Freeza already mentioned his dad in the FnF manga...>.>
Made by Toyotaro with no sign of being part of the main series, just like Ooishi also did a manga and it serves nothing but entertainment.
Yeah but it's based off the script Toriyama wrote. Do we have any reason to assume that the "Father told me to never mess with Boo or Beerus"-line won't be in the actual movie?

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15819
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Michelle91 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Agh. No more movies by Toriyama, or at least not with him having total creative control. Battle of Gods gave us just a taste of this problem by giving him too much sway, and now Revival of F puts him in charge and seems right on track to make things worse still. Damned if Rocketman isn't right about where things are going. If we have to bastardize DragonBall with further films, let's get some other people mixed in so far as screenwriting goes so that we get something besides weak, lazy concepts that undermine the series as a whole. Toriyama wrote a great manga, but he's kinda starting to shit on it with this new stuff all these years later.
I would take stuff from Toriyama now then the crap that Toei give us during the 90's. The old DBZ movies did suck expect for a few movies when it came to story telling and character development. Characters like Lord Slug, Bojack, Super #13 and even Janemba had pretty much no character development and no depth in them at all. Even Broli, Tullece and Coola barely had any character development and personality to them. I know someone will say "DBZ never had strong writing", true but the series has better writing then most people give it credit for. Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Buu had better personality, development and are more memorable then the characters created by Toei in DBZ Movie 1-13 and GT. Even characters like Zarbon and The Ginyu Force had some level of personality. I wish I can the same for GT since I forgot about most of the villains in GT until Heroes.

Battle of Gods had a original villain that had a good back story and personality to him. The movie had a original plot unlike DBZ Movie 4 and 7 which rehash things of other characters in the series. I hope Toriyama will keep on writing new DBZ movies until he feels like stop writing.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
I'm assuming you do, since you seem to be expecting feedback.
Well it's a thread where people talk about the movie so of course I'm expecting feedback like everyone else but that doesn't mean I'll care if someone like you doesn't like what I have to say.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Agh. No more movies by Toriyama, or at least not with him having total creative control. Battle of Gods gave us just a taste of this problem by giving him too much sway, and now Revival of F puts him in charge and seems right on track to make things worse still. Damned if Rocketman isn't right about where things are going. If we have to bastardize DragonBall with further films, let's get some other people mixed in so far as screenwriting goes so that we get something besides weak, lazy concepts that undermine the series as a whole. Toriyama wrote a great manga, but he's kinda starting to shit on it with this new stuff all these years later.
I would take stuff from Toriyama now then the crap that Toei give us during the 90's. The old DBZ movies did suck expect for a few movies when it came to story telling and character development. Characters like Lord Slug, Bojack, Super #13 and even Janemba had pretty much no character development and no depth in them at all. Even Broli, Tullece and Coola barely had any character development and personality to them. I know someone will say "DBZ never had strong writing", true but the series has better writing then most people give it credit for. Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Buu had better personality, development and are more memorable then the characters created by Toei in DBZ Movie 1-13 and GT. Even characters like Zarbon and The Ginyu Force had some level of personality. I wish I can the same for GT since I forgot about most of the villains in GT until Heroes.

Battle of Gods had a original villain that had a good back story and personality to him. The movie had a original plot unlike DBZ Movie 4 and 7 which rehash things of other characters in the series. I hope Toriyama will keep on writing new DBZ movies until he feels like stop writing.
Characters like Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell, and Buu also had way more time to get that development. Given the time constraints involved, I think most of the movies did a fairly good job of establishing their villains.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:35 pm

rereboy wrote:Everybody take a deep breath and let it go before the moderation has to do something about the discussion :)
They should.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Dyno
Banned
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:37 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:To be fair, the mentioning of Future Trunks in this context is something one would expect from a fan/non-Toriyama manga as well. But from the new trailer, we see a flashback of him cutting down Freeza, which leads me to believe the manga and movie will go hand in hand. The dialogue where Freeza mentioned his dad is very important to the story too.
The manga could run hand in hand, but that doesn't mean it is part. Also, if I recall right, some scenes from the Battle of Gods also were in the manga version.
Vegard Aune wrote:Yeah but it's based off the script Toriyama wrote. Do we have any reason to assume that the "Father told me to never mess with Boo or Beerus"-line won't be in the actual movie?
No. On the contrary, I hope with all my power that line appears in the movie (just for the sake of King Cold being remembered). Maybe with that line, this manga turns out to be part of the main series. Who knows?

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15306
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm mostly just biding my time and waiting for more plot info to appear. I know next week'll have plot updates, we'll find out if Julian won a ticket, and we're closing in on two weeks until the preview screenings. Things are going to be absolutely crazy two Mondays from now. With how secretive Shueisha's been this time compared to BOG, I'm hoping it's something none of us are expecting.

We don't even have the track listing for the soundtrack yet! I thought we at least had that for BOG by this point that year.
On hiatus.

User avatar
fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5269
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: New York

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:45 pm

How I wish we could get two DBZ movies every 2-3 years. A traditional Toei ( i.e. NOT made by Ooishi) one, and one by Toriyama.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm mostly just biding my time and waiting for more plot info to appear. I know next week'll have plot updates, we'll find out if Julian won a ticket, and we're closing in on two weeks until the preview screenings. Things are going to be absolutely crazy two Mondays from now. With how secretive Shueisha's been this time compared to BOG, I'm hoping it's something none of us are expecting.
Toriyama's first editor liked it and he's someone who didn't like much of anything so we're probably in for a few surprises.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:47 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:How I wish we could get two DBZ movies every 2-3 years. A traditional Toei ( i.e. NOT made by Ooishi) one, and one by Toriyama.
I disagree. Toriyama is should always be on board, but I would like more people to help craft the stories with him. Toei by themselves is really not all that great.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:47 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:How I wish we could get two DBZ movies every 2-3 years. A traditional Toei ( i.e. NOT made by Ooishi) one, and one by Toriyama.
I think there'll be at least one more to end the "God trilogy". It should stop there.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5269
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: New York

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:How I wish we could get two DBZ movies every 2-3 years. A traditional Toei ( i.e. NOT made by Ooishi) one, and one by Toriyama.
I disagree. Toriyama is should always be on board, but I would like more people to help craft the stories with him. Toei by themselves is really not all that great.
I find Toei movies to be run of the mill fun and action packed. It'd be nice to have something non-canonical, but entertaining on the side, like Wrath of the Dragon or Fusion Reborn, which, imo, are both better than Battle of Gods.

I should have written "Toriyama and co." Of course I would like people helping him craft the story. But I don't think anybody will ever question his decisions for a DBZ plot. His seniority and status as creator likely intimidate people from doing that.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Post Reply