Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Gianchio wrote:Do you think the Planet Trade Organization will be destroyed for good at the end of the movie?
I hope not, i just placed an order for 3 planets.
Hi

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Captain Space wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Captain Space wrote:Aright, I don't begrudge you your opinion.
I'm not begrudging you at all, and I'm sorry if it came off like that. I'm just stating that Goku's voice is just one of those things that simply doesn't click with me, as one poster said to me concerning if villains coming back is a good thing, he said even if there's a logical explanation for it that's 100% bulletproof, he'll hate the story idea regardless. I have the same thing with Goku's voice, it makes sense yes and I guess that's good but I just don't like how it sounds most of the time and nothings gonna change that for me.
Once again, I never said you were begrudging my opinion, I dunno why people keep thinking I was...I guess my post could be seen as passive-aggressive in that way, it wasn't meant to be. I'm sorry myself if it came off like I was trying to imply that you were.

It's just that stating you weren't, when no one was implying that you were, came off as you implying that he was doing that to you. It's cool, though. No worries. :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Gianchio wrote:Do you think the Planet Trade Organization will be destroyed for good at the end of the movie?
I know that it won't be called "Planet Trade Organization", at least.

Gianchio
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gianchio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:
I hope not, i just placed an order for 3 planets.
How will you call them? :lol:

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

That'd be a kind of fitting end if they were, yeah. Seeing as the universe could be said to be a not-too-great place with their remnants still kicking around.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: To be fair, there's plenty of fans of the Japanese who are extremely harsh towards the English even with Kai.
Also I don't find the generalization of "most American fans hate the Japanese" fair either
I couldn't be more F fair. I said some/most, didn't say all. Everytime I see a japanese DB video, there's always americans bitching about Sean being a better Goku and Nozawa being the worst thing ever.

The most recent example, the last jap trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJ ... xSwVBaeRRg
You find comments like :

Am I the only one who thinks Goku's Japanese voice is annoying as fuck ?
Can't take Goku seriously with that Grandma voice
Dragon Ball is the only anime where I choose dub over sub. Sean is Goku. Goku is a grow up man, not a child.
*insert more insults here*

Completely unnecessary! I don't care about english dub, so I don't bother comenting in their videos at all.
Spoiled people, that's all. All they deserved was to get the movie subbed in their country, if anything.
I actually said most, not all.
And there are plenty of people, some of which on here, who bash the English voices even with the Kai / BoG high
Quality level dubbing. There's Japanese fans on YouTube who are a lot ruder about it too
Same goes for some English fans, they're just not as nice about it.

Also saying some fans are "spoiled" mostly because their opinions on a language preference of an anime is just ridiculous pretentious
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Considering the fact most of them that were worth a damn got killed on Namek its a miracle they lasted this long to begin with. If Freeza dies again it'll probably be done for completely. I wouldn't be surprised if Freeza's even throwing in all his remaining men at Earth tbh.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Considering the fact most of them that were worth a damn got killed on Namek its a miracle they lasted this long to begin with. If Freeza dies again it'll probably be done for completely. I wouldn't be surprised if Freeza's even throwing in all his remaining men at Earth tbh.
Between that and the filler of Vegeta eradicating more soldiers in space, there should be none left after this movie

Gianchio
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gianchio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:23 pm

They still own 448 planets by the time of this movie, so they must be a large/medium group.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:24 pm

They've had time to build up at least in numbers since Namek, to be fair.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Captain Space wrote:They've had time to build up at least in numbers since Namek, to be fair.
Especially since Freeza was no longer around to execute them when he's bored or annoyed :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Captain Space wrote:They've had time to build up at least in numbers since Namek, to be fair.
Especially since Freeza was no longer around to execute them :P
Maybe they even got paid for once in their lives.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Isn't Frieza being rezzed because the empire's gone to crap? Especially since their last two rulers became Radish farmers

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Frieza paid them. He paid them in minutes to live.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Captain Space wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Freeza paid them. He paid them in minutes to live.
Marco Polo wrote:
Especially since Freeza was no longer around to execute them when he's bored or annoyed :P
Maybe Sorbet took that position of killing the minions for no reason :lol:

Kakarot9001
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kakarot9001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Big Momma wrote:It doesn't have to be published as a manga to be part of the manga storyline.

I don't think so, if something is animated then it could take into account the animated sequels as a whole.

Why doesn't he need more development? What's wrong with giving a character development? And the dance wasn't exactly a developing act in itself, it was more proof to how he developed over the Buu arc. Both the Rage Boost and the Bingo dance do a good job at this. They both show how much he cares for the family, friends, and the home he has now.
For me, it's already enough what he become in the end of Boo Arc, a proud warrior who loves his family, used to like living on Earth and and acknowledged that Kakarotto was the number one. I already said that I liked how he got mad when Beerus hit Bulma, It was a pretty nice scene but that Bingo Dance seems a little pointless to me, just a gag and nothing else because I don't see how it could be a character development making he being ridiculous, but that's only my opinion.
rereboy wrote:Don't really see the point in blocking users. It just ends up removing the context to topics.
Me too.
Captain Space wrote:I used to dislike Goku's Japanese voice, but after watching Battle of Gods I started liking it a lot.
I liked the way how Gaffer Tape exemplified, I'm always used to like Goku jap voice, I always though that was a voice that really fits with the character, because Goku can be muscled guy or whatever but he was a kid once and he didn't changed after all, so I still see him with that soul.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Captain Space wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
No wonder his bro was cooler.

Gianchio
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gianchio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Captain Space wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
"My people don't understand what I pay them for."
"You don't pay us"
"Allow them to live for" :lol:

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:It doesn't have to be published as a manga to be part of the manga storyline.

I don't think so, if something is animated then it could take into account the animated sequels as a whole.

If it was a sequel to the anime, it'd be a sequel to the anime no matter what format it was in. If it was a sequel to the manga, which it is, it could be any format and still be a sequel to the manga. The intention behind this movie is "an animated movie that's a sequel to the manga". That's just what it is.

It also doesn't take into account the Toei movies, despite being an animated movie, but no-one's saying that's a problem.

Gianchio
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gianchio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Captain Space wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:

If it was a sequel to the anime, it'd be a sequel to the anime no matter what format it was in. If it was a sequel to the manga, which it is, it could be any format and still be a sequel to the manga. The intention behind this movie is "an animated movie that's a sequel to the manga". That's just what it is.

It also doesn't take into account the Toei movies, despite being an animated movie, but no-one's saying that's a problem.
Didn't Toriyama say something about the Toei movies being side stories?