Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 pm

"As he begins to lose the battle, Goku compliments how amazing Freeza is, to have come so far when it took him so long to get this strong." Is Goku or Freeza losing the battle here?

The film sounds fine to me, but it sounds lacking in terms of story or lore building. Seems like the whole film is just training for Goku & Vegeta tbh.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Nervous about fight him or nervous because he let Goku continue the fight? Anyway...I cant wait to see this!

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Hopefully I can get this posted before the thread explodes...

The whole thing with Shisami, Piccolo, and Super Saiyan Gohan does sound a tad strange. I think I'm going to have to see all of this in motion before forming an opinion. Looks like Toriyama tries to justify it by pointing out that our heroes are deliberately holding back so as not to kill them. Interesting. And that's all I'm ever going to say about power.

The Goku/Vegeta/Freeza battle sounds like it unfolds... rather awkwardly. Not sure what to think, but it sounds like Freeza only briefly puts up a decent fight.

At this point, I'm most excited to see Kuririn and Tenshinhan in action again. Anything else is just a bonus. It does sound like everyone will be in-character, though. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the summary, guys!
Last edited by MagicBox on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:49 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:"As he begins to lose the battle, Goku compliments how amazing Freeza is, to have come so far when it took him so long to get this strong." Is Goku or Freeza losing the battle here?

The film sounds fine to me, but it sounds lacking in terms of story or lore building. Seems like the whole film is just training for Goku & Vegeta tbh.
Frieza was the one losing. Goku was beating the living hell out of him but then Sorbet's magical ring beam hit Goku since he was too busy looking down on Frieza and not finishing him off already hence Frieza's comment on Goku being soft.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm not going to judge the film until I see it with my own eyes but from the summary I read on here (Thanks Kanzenshuu staff!) the film sounds great. I'm glad Vegeta got his moment.:D.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: On Gohan's defense, I think the guy never trained again unlike Goku and Vegeta. I mean they do get weaker when they dont maintain their training as stated by Vegeta while Gohan was fighting with Dabura, that he was stronger as a kid. I wouldnt blame Gohan tho, unlike Goku he actually works and lives like a human + with a wife like Videl I would understand him not wanting to train :twisted:
It shouldn't make him significantly weaker. Daimao didn't train for 300 years and had his body decay into that of a geezer's, and he barely lost any power. He especially shouldn't be randomly losing a power-up with no explanation.
Maybe bcuz ''saiyans'' get weaker when they dont train, the explanation is he got weaker due to not training + blame chichi, Gohan liked to train as a kid but after Goku died Chichi probably forced Gohan into studying all the time making him get the nerdy attitude he has, I personally have no problem with what he has become, if he trains again then he would be the one 1 hitting Freeza.
Neither of those things are true. Gohan never enjoyed training. He did it because he needed to protect earth. And Chichi let up after the Cell arc

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:"As he begins to lose the battle, Goku compliments how amazing Freeza is, to have come so far when it took him so long to get this strong." Is Goku or Freeza losing the battle here?

Freeza was the one losing. Goku was beating the living hell out of him but then Sorbet's magical ring beam hit Goku since he was too busy looking down on Freeza and not finishing him off already hence Freeza's comment on Goku being soft.
Was the ring confirmed to be magical? That would be a great way to explain that BS.

Now if only they explain Shisami trained with Freeza or something.

As it reads, Freeza's death seems stupidly anticlimactic. :thumbdown:

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:

Freeza was the one losing. Goku was beating the living hell out of him but then Sorbet's magical ring beam hit Goku since he was too busy looking down on Freeza and not finishing him off already hence Freeza's comment on Goku being soft.
I see, thanks
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:55 pm

I really hope the extended cut, if there is one, saves this movie.

Sparko33

Post by Sparko33 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:56 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:

Goku thinks Freeza should quit while he’s ahead and go home.

Freeza was winning, until his stamina began to run out.

Sparko33

Post by Sparko33 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Not thoroughly impressed by the plot to be honest, the idea in theory was good, but I guess the full synopsis/actual movie may fill in some blanks.
Also not sure what all the biased hate towards Vegeta is lol Many people thought it was impressive that Goku absorbed the SSG power in BoG, but Vegeta managed to do so as well. In the end he's the one that saved Goku from Freeza's blasts, oh and Goku was temporarily losing against Golden Freeza until his stamina depleted. Yes, Vegeta fought a weakened Freeza, but we have no evidence he couldn't take him on at his full power (which by the way Goku was losing against at first) and anyone who says otherwise is being very biased, both seem about equal in power in this movie. Kinda hilarious/ironic that Goku was ultimately defeated by Sorbet, and that Vegeta had to save him yet again (seems to be a theme in movies!) This movie needed some more character development tbh.

What have we learnt? Both Goku and Vegeta have to finish their opponents and stop toying with them when they're winning. The reason Goku dealt the final blow was because he's the protagonist, so its only fair this happens, and he also saw the future in a way, so he knew Freeza would blow the earth, when Vegeta somehow didn't expect this.

Here's hoping we see a future movie, doesn't seem fitting to end on this note; we kinda need to see the development that both Goku and Vegeta have to work together.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Exact same feeling I had after reading the spoilers early on. It seems like Beerus and Whis, or at least just Whis, are preparing them for something bigger and Freeza just happened to be a good training test. We might see them exploring the other universes in the next film; Beerus said he may be the God of Destruction in this universe, but there are others far stronger than him in the other universes.

Monkey King Vegeta

Post by Monkey King Vegeta » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm

From what I've gathered, I have to say that this movie sounds disappointing.

It's a shame, was really looking forward to another canon-movie, but instead it seems we got the work of a man who'se past his prime.

Enter Golden Frieza, starts to warm-up to him with the hype and then find out he's not really special.

BSSJG sounds kinda wack, though this is better than anything I could think of, it still feels like it was poorly written.

Is there any interaction between BSSJG Vegeta and Bulma? Is Bulma even relevant to this movie like she was on the previous one? Did Goku ask Frieza to hit Bulma to enrage Veggie? Damn, don't answer, I'll probably be dissapointed.

What was the end credit scene that was so hyped for? The whole "maybe once more" comment thing.

Man, I'm extremely dissapointed with the Veggie fight, not only does he lose after kicking some ass, but to add insult to injury, lets have Goku kill Frieza for good.... again.

P.s. Any OP fans here? Did you relize that Gladious' color scheme kinda predicted this BSSJG form? xD

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Honestly...the summary seemed kind of fun. Though I agree with some of the people who say the plot kind of skips all over the place. Which makes sense, as Toriyama is a comic artist and probably doesn't have too much experience in actual film. I'm definitely interested in a lot of the character interactions, though.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks for the summary :D

It was so heartwarming and took out a lot of fears I had for this movie. :D
It do sounds like a fun movie and Yay! for Vegeta moment :D

look like the begining is a bit rushed...
I wonder how does Bulma communicated with Whis through Oracle Fish.
Sounds like Goku and Vegeta did get to Beerus Temple by Instant Transmission.

The summary doesn't tell anything about Beerus wanting to destroy Earth but I'm ok with it.
I actually loved all of Beerus interactions/lines :3 :D :D

The ending sounds so fun with Jaco wanting to arrest Whis for using Time travel :lol:
And Goku and Vegeta actually agreen on something sounds like a fun moment :D

I'm happy ^^
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Sparko33 wrote: Also not sure what all the biased hate towards Vegeta is lol
It's due to a certain few frequent followers of this thread who have been shouting at the top of their lungs FOR MONTHS that Vegeta would be the one to save the day, that this was Vegeta's movie, that everyone who said otherwise was wrong and obviously too dense not to comprehend that it was Vegeta's time to shine, that Vegeta would put Freeza in his place and avenge his fallen homeworld that he never cared about, that Vegeta would win after Goku got nearly killed by Freeza, because Vegeta's head was the same size as Goku's on the first poster.

It got really old, really fast, and it never, ever stopped. So yes. Some of us take a great deal of pleasure in these people being proved wrong.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Yeah, I'm willing to forgive any serious pacing issues because this is Toriyama's first screenplay and the staff seems to be hesitant about going against his word.

Hopefully he'll feel like writing another (more polished) one someday.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Sooooo, Sorbet's ring has the power to bring down Goku...... Something Golden Freeza couldn't do..... The fuck....

Sorbet! The fuck are you doing?!?!?! You have a ring that can bring ~Godku~ to his knees and yet you are still Freeza's little muppet bitch!?!?!

Fuck, if you're still gonna serve Freeza the least you could do is mass produce some fucking rings... Maybe then your army could stand a chance for once....
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Monkey King Vegeta

Post by Monkey King Vegeta » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 pm

What page is the summary buried in?

I need to know more about Veggie's "moment".

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:The summary doesn't tell anything about Beerus wanting to destroy Earth but I'm ok with it
It does. It says Beerus wanted to destroy it because, as God of Destruction, he can't allow planets to be restored (referring to Whis using his time travel ability).