What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Re: What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whis gather's every up for story time about his and Beerus's past, this lasts the whole movie.
and Beerus is sleeping during the whole story telling :D
or maybe he goes to sleep at the begining of the movie so Whis decides he wants to tell their story to everyone :3
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:43 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The Multiverse hasn't been too bad of a wait yet, but the Makaio(shin) have been a dangling thread for almost going on a decade now...
I've been wanting to make a thread on this, but I feel like whatever plans Toriyama may have had for the Makaio(shin) probably got squelched by the introduction of the Gods of Destruction in BoG. Even if Beerus is ultimately more neutral than anything else, in BoG he was a god serving as the antagonist, which presumably is the same role which any Makaio or Makaioshin would fill. Introducing them now would just make them look like a repetitive follow-up to Beerus, though maybe they could serve as something other than main antagonists. Also, it may be telling that Chouzenshuu 4 retells the same background information on the Kaios and Kaioshins that Toriyama introduced in the Super Exciting Guides, but leaves out every mention of any Makaio or Makaioshin. They may be retconning them out completely in light of BoG.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Herms wrote:I've been wanting to make a thread on this, but I feel like whatever plans Toriyama may have had for the Makaio(shin) probably got squelched by the introduction of the Gods of Destruction in BoG. Even if Beerus is ultimately more neutral than anything else, in BoG he was a god serving as the antagonist, which presumably is the same role which any Makaio or Makaioshin would fill. Introducing them now would just make them look like a repetitive follow-up to Beerus, though maybe they could serve as something other than main antagonists. Also, it may be telling that Chouzenshuu 4 retells the same background information on the Kaios and Kaioshins that Toriyama introduced in the Super Exciting Guides, but leaves out every mention of any Makaio or Makaioshin. They may be retconning them out completely in light of BoG.
Yeah, I know. I won't be shocked if they just fade into the abyss, but I'd like them not to. While it is probably ultimately pointless, I'm going to retain a sliver of hope that they may not be forever forgotten since they still remain mentioned in Chozenshu #1 and the Buu Arc Full Color interviews with Toriyama (the latter of which was released after Chozenshu #4, though it was just recycled info).
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whis gather's every up for story time about his and Beerus's past, this lasts the whole movie.
and Beerus is sleeping during the whole story telling :D
or maybe he goes to sleep at the begining of the movie so Whis decides he wants to tell their story to everyone :3
Typical Beerus :P or this happens straight after RF and everyone is eating pudding, once Beerus finishes his, he goes to sleep :lol:

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:48 pm

xJeffx wrote:An Ancient evil Saiyan king who was known as the strongest Saiyan in history was sealed away by the previous ssj god, his seal broke once Goku became ssj god. The evil Saiyan king heads to earth to defeat Goku and conquer earth.
No more Saiyan worship....
I want a *New* mithos opened up or a new warrior race besides the Saiyans to exist.
Make a movie about Legendary Namek Warrior clans even, similar to Slug.
Make a movie that would give Tenshinhan, Krillin & Piccolo new external power ups to catch up somewhere.
Make a movie expanding how Beerus came to be the god and who else exists in their dimension.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Marron in her first ever slumber party. :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Bringing in time patrol trunks and allowing for a crossover with the DBGT timeline.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:37 pm

If they ever make a Time Patrol story, I'd love for Towa and Mira to undo one particular scene: Trunks and Krillin killing present-day Cell. Towa can steal the fetus and manipulate it with her own scientific expertise, creating the end-boss: Cell-mother****ing-X.
This freak of nature should proceed to kill Towa and Mira in a gruesome manner and **** out Perfect Cells that will traverse all of time, destroying everything in their path. No better way to end Time Patrol Trunks' story than reintroducing the embodiment of all his fears in a stronger form than ever before.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Am I literally the only one who wants toriyama to stay as far away from the 12 universes as possible? The possibilities are literally so vast that probably everyone has a completely different idea of what they would be like, so by the time they actually do get introduced everybody will come away dissapointed because they don't match your own personal imagination. Why would you guys want to set yourselves up for that?
Last edited by Barunks on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Barunks wrote:Am I literally the only one who wants toriyama to stay as far away from the 12 universes as possible? The possibilities are literally so vast that probably everyone has a completely different idea of what they would be like, so by the time they actually do get introduced everybody will come away dissapointed because they don't your own personal imagination. Why would you guys want to set yourselves up for that?
Truthfully, I don't expect much at all from Toriyama's interpretation of the 12 universes, so it'd never kill my hype. I think what people really want are just Toriyama designs of the 12 gods of destruction and other characters that parallel existing ones (e.g. a hero like Goku from another universe, or another universe's set of Kais/Kaioshins). Besides that, there's not much he can do. Either a god of destruction rebels (or they all do, minus Beerus), a new villain appears who's stronger than and affiliated with them, a tournament is formed that features them, or they have a party.

Actually traveling to and exploring another universe is pointless, imo. There's so much unexplored in Goku's universe and his own planet. Look at One Piece. It's all set in one planet, but the writer constantly introduces entire worlds in the shape of islands. There's no need to go to another universe.

Personally, I really, really want a (multiverse) tournament movie. There's never been one before (Bojack Unbound doesn't count), it would very easily sell if they promote a rematch between Goku and Vegeta, the gods of destruction can all be featured, and there can still be a major villain who's actions lead into a final film. n_n
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:37 pm

I do think that it is unlikely the other universes are going to come into significant play. I think that line in BoG was there for no other sake than saying there are a lot of very powerful beings that exist.

A multiverse plot wouldn't be bad, but the fan-manga is covering that idea so well I'd prefer it just be left to them.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Barunks wrote:Am I literally the only one who wants toriyama to stay as far away from the 12 universes as possible? The possibilities are literally so vast that probably everyone has a completely different idea of what they would be like, so by the time they actually do get introduced everybody will come away dissapointed because they don't match your own personal imagination. Why would you guys want to set yourselves up for that?
Eh, I don't think it'd be a problem if the movie focused on only one of those universes. Introduce one of them with villains and maybe some new heroes that can stand alongside Goku and Vegeta and go from there. I think we'd only get a waste if they attempted to introduce multiple universes at once. Then they'd likely be just fodder.

I'd really like some plot device power up for the existing weaker characters too, but I don't think it'll happen with these fairly short movies. It shouldn't be hard though, especially with them focusing on "gods" now, rather than just "Super Saiyans". That seems like a more generic concept that could be extended to the others, but I guess it doesn't make much sense to do that in a movie's short running time.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:- The ultimate tournament is set: all the gods of destruction gather to determine who's the strongest in the multiverse. Goku and Vegeta, not resisting the urge to test their new strength, join to fight their toughest opponents yet. The fight is on! Featuring the rematch of the century: Goku vs Vegeta. You can just imagine this in movie posters.
I like this idea. Not too serious, and it continues the plotline of Goku (and Vegeta I suppose) being in league with the biggest almighties of DB's universes. I think it'd be an excellent way to wrap up the "God" trilogy.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 am

voltlunok wrote: I would like a movie that focuses on everyone else while Goku and Vegeta are away having their godly bromance, I'd like to see everyone else save the world.
:mrgreen: YES
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:10 pm

I can see a tournament movie being promoted like a boxing showdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f1h0yFzigc

Goku vs Vegeta - Rematch of the Century

Place your bets.

Thinking about it, the greatest thing Toriyama could do is make Whis a traitor. Clearly his goal wouldn't be universal dominance, considering he could very easily attain that if he wanted it. It has to be something more complex, such as the merging of the 12 universes--a goal that would require the gates to the other universes to be open in the first place. The only beings who can traverse the universes and walk through these gates are the Kaioshin, gods of destruction, and those joining them, which would explain his affiliation with Beerus. When the other gods catch wind of three beings in Universe 7 with equal or greater power to the gods of destruction, they devise a friendly multiverse tournament to determine the strongest of them all. The third movie could emphasize on this tournament, interaction with the new characters, and Goku and Vegeta's rematch, but build up Whis' betrayal, ultimately leading directly into it. The forth and final movie would be an all out war between Whis and the gods (including Goku and Vegeta). It can feature the return of a certain fusion character we haven't seen in a while.

A random new villain, old villain, or evil god of destruction is so predictable. Whis is so unassuming, it would definitely be a huge twist, as well as something never done before in the franchise.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

As much as I like Whis, I wouldn't mind seeing him betraying everyone. Though I don't really see that as anything new or unexpected twist though. People, myself included, were speculating that he might be a Makaioshin and the true villain of Battle of Gods from almost the moment he was introduced. Even after we found out his actual role in the film, some of us still held on to the idea that he could be a turncoat in later movies. It obviously didn't happen this time and becomes less likely with each new film, but I don't think it would be a huge shocker to at least a large number of fans.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Next movie: set less than a year after this RoF. Goku and Vegeta go with Whis to defeat some big bad elsewhere in the multiverse. This event takes place while the Saiyans are supposed to be returning to Earth for a group reunion.

Fourth movie: Set in the five-year gap between Goku last meeting Bulma and the 28th Budokai. A group of Makaioshin are attacking Kaioshinkai/the Shinjin/whatever. Goku and Vegeta make short work of them, but while all this is happening, another Makaioshin puts a potara earring on Whis, causing them to fuse into a superstrong Makaioshin. Fighting ensues, Super Saiyan Beyond God Vegetto saves the day, convenient plot point undoes both fusions.

Fifth movie: multiversal tournament to decide which gods are the strongest. Goku and Vegeta get to take part. Big throwback to the Budokais in terms of tone. During the events of this film, the Oracle Fish tells Goku about how Uub will become a great fighter one day and that he'll meet him at the 28th Budokai.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Beerus is contacted by the God of Creation, who's job is to take the remains of what he destroys and remake it into something new.
Kanzenshuu Translation of a Toriyama Interview wrote: Interviewer: In the film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, coming out in March 2013, a new god, the “God of Destruction”, appears. In this [book], Kaiō-sama and Kaiōshin-sama are described as “Gods of Creation”, but do they have the power to create things like planets?

AT: Rather than Kaiōshin-sama making planets, he is able to provide the impetus for them to be born. Also, he will sometimes divide up one planet and increase the number of planets. He will even do things like create life-forms, or transplant them from another planet, but his basic job is to watch over the numerous planets. Because the number of planets is so very large, the four Kaiō-sama help him out as well. They intervene if it appears that the world’s balance will crumble, but normally, they merely act in an advisory role for new life-forms, and don’t get involved. In order to provide a balance to the constantly increasing number of planets, the God of Destruction destroys [them], but he does not act on Kaiōshin’s orders; he destroys according to his own individual judgment. Except, he is capricious, so he will destroy even an important world without a second thought, or when he finds it bothersome, let someone else act as an agent of destruction.
Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... yama-2013/
Herms wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The Multiverse hasn't been too bad of a wait yet, but the Makaio(shin) have been a dangling thread for almost going on a decade now...
I've been wanting to make a thread on this, but I feel like whatever plans Toriyama may have had for the Makaio(shin) probably got squelched by the introduction of the Gods of Destruction in BoG. Even if Beerus is ultimately more neutral than anything else, in BoG he was a god serving as the antagonist, which presumably is the same role which any Makaio or Makaioshin would fill. Introducing them now would just make them look like a repetitive follow-up to Beerus, though maybe they could serve as something other than main antagonists. Also, it may be telling that Chouzenshuu 4 retells the same background information on the Kaios and Kaioshins that Toriyama introduced in the Super Exciting Guides, but leaves out every mention of any Makaio or Makaioshin. They may be retconning them out completely in light of BoG.
What about Towa and Demigra from Xenoverse? They're both evil shinjin from the Demon Realm, and Towa is reveiled to be Dabra's brother (seemingly confirming speculation that Dabra is a makaioshin). Not that Toriyama sat down and wrote the plot for DBO or Xenoverse, but they seem to be building off of that idea.
Dayspring wrote:During the events of this film, the Oracle Fish tells Goku about how Uub will become a great fighter one day and that he'll meet him at the 28th Budokai.
This would be a nice little retcon.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:As much as I like Whis, I wouldn't mind seeing him betraying everyone. Though I don't really see that as anything new or unexpected twist though. People, myself included, were speculating that he might be a Makaioshin and the true villain of Battle of Gods from almost the moment he was introduced. Even after we found out his actual role in the film, some of us still held on to the idea that he could be a turncoat in later movies. It obviously didn't happen this time and becomes less likely with each new film, but I don't think it would be a huge shocker to at least a large number of fans.
True that. But I feel it's still a surprise after the 2nd movie. At least more so than an evil god. There's no indication he's bad at all.

I really think Whis being bad would be the best path to go. Not just for a surprise factor, but because of that time reversal he has. It's just too convenient. Having two sets of dragon balls and that is ridiculous. Not to mention, his level of power kind of eliminates the sense of threat any enemy poses. >_>;

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

batistabus wrote:What about Towa and Demigra from Xenoverse? They're both evil shinjin from the Demon Realm, and Towa is reveiled to be Dabra's brother (seemingly confirming speculation that Dabra is a makaioshin). Not that Toriyama sat down and wrote the plot for DBO or Xenoverse, but they seem to be building off of that idea.
Evil Shinjin were stated to be sent to Makai to be with the Makaio(shin), not that they become them. We currently don't know what said gods of Makai are, just that they were intended to exist at one point in supplemental information. It's possible they were going to build upon this idea with Dragon Ball Online, but they never got far enough to confirm anything. Now, with Xenoverse, even if that was their original path, they don't seem to be going down it anymore.

There's nothing in the game that anyone or anything related to Makai is a Shinjin or Makaio(shin). Dabra is still just a demon and Towa's recently revealed relation to him (if it is by blood) likely just makes her a demon as well. Demigra is probably a demon too (one that became a "Majin" / "Demon God"), as the the human form isn't his true form. So any visual connection to the Kaioshin (like the Potara looking earrings are likely him trying to appear more worthy to take over as the God of Time).