Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by fexus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:55 pm

TheGmGoken wrote: It's DBZ dude. Anyone can transform. Tells us nothing about his biology at all. Never have transformation been that deep or complex. It's they train and transform basically. Only time it's biological was Oozaru that's it. No one going watch this movie and say "Wow such a biology lesson we learn about Freeza! He can transform! Science".

Who the hell used DB wiki terms? PTO? The mutant term? I got that from a Toriyama interview on this very website.
No just no. Not everyone can transform. Freeza just surpassed his limits with training and found a new transformation in him. This makes it that not only Freeza can make forms to suppress himself but he can also make forms to power himself up even more. Of course no one is going to say "Wow such a biology lesson we learn about Freeza! He can transform! Science". That's just ridiculous. But it's still expanding on what we know about Freeza.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

I almost wish Beerus hadn't mentioned the other universes at all. How frustrating to say "hey this also exists", and then not get to see any of them in the following film.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Chuquita wrote:I almost wish Beerus hadn't mentioned the other universes at all. How frustrating to say "hey this also exists", and then not get to see any of them in the following film.
There is still time to fit in at least one more movie. Who knows, the other universes could be the focal point of that. We just have to wait and see.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: It was mentioned in the Resurrection F manga.
Well, I didn't read it. But is it really that much connected with FnF? I view it as an adaptation of a movie, more like what DBZ is to manga, so some things may be vastly different.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:01 pm

fexus wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: It's DBZ dude. Anyone can transform. Tells us nothing about his biology at all. Never have transformation been that deep or complex. It's they train and transform basically. Only time it's biological was Oozaru that's it. No one going watch this movie and say "Wow such a biology lesson we learn about Freeza! He can transform! Science".

Who the hell used DB wiki terms? PTO? The mutant term? I got that from a Toriyama interview on this very website.
No just no. Not everyone can transform. Freeza just surpassed his limits with training and found a new transformation in him. This makes it that not only Freeza can make forms to suppress himself but he can also make forms to power himself up even more. Of course no one is going to say "Wow such a biology lesson we learn about Freeza! He can transform! Science". That's just ridiculous. But it's still expanding on what we know about Freeza.
What we know about Freeza is that he transforms. In this movie he transforms again. Wow such an expansion. It's like SSJ2 and SSJ3 being considered expansion on the Saiyan race. It's not. It's a transformation because when you get strong you transform. And yes if Toriyama one day decides that humans can go Ultra Human then it'll happen. Anyone can transform. Cell transform by dying. It's like not a new concept bro.
I almost wish Beerus hadn't mentioned the other universes at all. How frustrating to say "hey this also exists", and then not get to see any of them in the following film.
How did that conversation start anyways?

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:02 pm

This movie does expand the lore of the series by Whis' time powers (and the "life form named Whis" line) showing how Freeza's army held up without him and a new variation of the Super Saiyan God transformation. Yeah, it doesn't expand on the 12 universes or end on a cliffhanger but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Yeah it's disappointing, but before Battle of Gods we had our favorite movies based off the character interactions, fight scenes, etc. This is no different. Yeah Battle of Gods was the odd one out, but it shouldn't degrade your enjoyment for the other films.

Yeah I was pretty sour at first learning about the plot details and that we have Freeza be revived just to die again and Vegeta not deliver the final blow, but that's such a Dragon Ball thing to do. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie in theaters come summer.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:Well, I didn't read it. But is it really that much connected with FnF? I view it as an adaptation of a movie, more like what DBZ is to manga, so some things may be vastly different.
Yes, it is literally just the film with significant spoiler-material omitted. Nothing is vastly different.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Well,either way,this movie sounds interesting.

Plus they would need to figure out how to travel between universes and I'm sure its going to be some power/space ship/w/e out of no where ^^Kinda like freeza powering up to dbz god level in 4 months,basically out of nowhere ^^

If this movie will be successful,which I'm sure it will be more will be made.Now weather toriyama will be part of them who knows.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:13 pm

TheGmGoken wrote: What we know about Freeza is that he transforms. In this movie he transforms again. Wow such an expansion. It's like SSJ2 and SSJ3 being considered expansion on the Saiyan race. It's not. It's a transformation because when you get strong you transform. And yes if Toriyama one day decides that humans can go Ultra Human then it'll happen. Anyone can transform. Cell transform by dying. It's like not a new concept bro.
What we know about Freeza that he keeps himself suppress most of the time. He transforms to release his suppress powers. It's different from SSJ where they transform to increase their power. SSJ2 and SSJ3 are an expansion on the Saiyan race. Now we know that Super Saiyan isn't the absolute limit of power that Saiyans can achieve. But Toriyama didn't do any of that, so that makes that statement redundant. Cell transforms by absorbing people.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Mulling things over after listening to the podcast, I'm having less-and-less of a problem swallowing Freeza getting so strong after 4 months.

Despite the fact that Freeza tries to beat Goku and the gang at their own game, he still ends up with the same massive flaw that lead to his defeat the first time. While Goku and the others trained to get stronger, Freeza missed the memo on one other thing.

You have to learn how to control your power.

Right off the bat, we see that he still uses his lower form(s) to contain his power, while still burning himself out when he goes golden. This also seems to go hand-in-hand with the theme of the movie. While Goku and Vegeta end up being screwed over and learning from the mistakes pointed out by Whis, Freeza is still so arrogant that he still succumbs to his own lack of hindsight, ending up right back where he started.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 pm

What is the point of Freeza coming back if he still didn't learn things properly? Either have him learn from his mistakes and do something or don't f*cking bring him back at all! Ugh, I should've known nothing good could come from a movie being made just because the guy writing it REALLY liked a song....
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:I almost wish Beerus hadn't mentioned the other universes at all. How frustrating to say "hey this also exists", and then not get to see any of them in the following film.
The more I've thought about it, and the more subsequent times I've watched Battle of Gods, I honestly don't think the point of Beerus bringing that up was to set-up sequel scenarios, but instead, being more in line with the film's plot, was to cement the message that there's always the possibility that somebody stronger exists somewhere, and for Goku at least, he can never stop aiming above himself.

At the start of Battle of Gods, and I think for the first time in Toriyama's Dragonball in such overt fashion, when Goku first meets Beerus and goes Super Saiyan 3, he's genuinely showing off - he's flexing his muscles and gloating about how strong he is, and you know? That's not the Goku we have come to know. You just get the feeling that he's beaten Majin Buu, who by all accounts was the strongest guy in the Universe, and he's had a couple of years where, for all intents and purposes, he may well have considered himself to hold that title, and I think Toriyama wanted to show that it had went to his head. Beerus knocking him down a peg or two, and him having to accept the ultimate humiliation of a power-up involving borrowed strength in order to even trade blows with Beerus, was, for me, a big part of his character growth during the film. Having been defeated by Beerus, to then be told, 'Oh, by the way - this dude called Whis is even stronger than me, and beyond that, there's probably a whole load of other tough guys' is pretty much just the moral of the story slipped into the dialogue.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Blade wrote:
The more I've thought about it, and the more subsequent times I've watched Battle of Gods, I honestly don't think the point of Beerus bringing that up was to set-up sequel scenarios, but instead, being more in line with the film's plot, was to cement the message that there's always the possibility that somebody stronger exists somewhere, and for Goku at least, he can never stop aiming above himself.

At the start of Battle of Gods, and I think for the first time in Toriyama's Dragonball in such overt fashion, when Goku first meets Beerus and goes Super Saiyan 3, he's genuinely showing off - he's flexing his muscles and gloating about how strong he is, and you know? That's not the Goku we have come to know. You just get the feeling that he's beaten Majin Buu, who by all accounts was the strongest guy in the Universe, and he's had a couple of years where, for all intents and purposes, he may well have considered himself to hold that title, and I think Toriyama wanted to show that it had went to his head. Beerus knocking him down a peg or two, and him having to accept the ultimate humiliation of a power-up involving borrowed strength in order to even trade blows with Beerus, was, for me, a big part of his character growth during the film. Having been defeated by Beerus, to then be told, 'Oh, by the way - this dude called Whis is even stronger than me, and beyond that, there's probably a whole load of other tough guys' is pretty much just the moral of the story slipped into the dialogue.
Man, that's the same thing I said many pages back.
As you said, the 12 universes statement wasn't to set up any sequel; it was such a throwaway comment. It's just Toriyama bringing back one of the morals of Dragon Ball that there's always someone stronger than you.
People should just take things as they are in this series and not look too deep into it.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:14 pm

lol you would be so frustrated from Fate/Stay Night and other Type Moon works. The author's signature move is throwing out little lines with huge implications and then just leaving them to the imagination, hopefully to be one day fleshed out into a new work.

It is basically fanfic fuel though.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Well there you go at least once not all the time, and are they still serious characters now though? Nope.
Goku's not serious all the time either. I guess having him in the film was wrong as well. Not to mention Roshi is one of the least serious characters in the manga, was if wrong for him to be in the film?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:49 pm

mAcChaos wrote:
lol you would be so frustrated from Fate/Stay Night and other Type Moon works. The author's signature move is throwing out little lines with huge implications and then just leaving them to the imagination, hopefully to be one day fleshed out into a new work.

It is basically fanfic fuel though.
And ironically, the whole idea of Dragon Ball having several different universes has already been explored through the fan-manga Dragon Ball Multiverse. Which was around years before BOG became a thing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:51 pm

The 12 universes thing was more of a throw away line to put Goku and co in perspective. It is an idea that can be explored sure and maybe Toriyama is working on it right now. TOEI probably wanted a film for 2015 so Toriyama gave them this. The thing with the 12 universe is it needs to be done right, and I am willing to wait. And if it is never touched again sobeit.

Also to the folks complaining about the lack of exploration it is not like Beerus flat out promised to visit the different universes next he meets Goku or something. It is like that scene in Dragonball where the robot scans Goku as an alien, that idea was explored much later.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is like that scene in Dragonball where the robot scans Goku as an alien, that idea was explored much later.
What scene was that?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 pm

So how big do you think the next movie's thread will be?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:So how big do you think the next movie's thread will be?
There will be a next movie?