DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 am

I'd just have to note that TFS is now approaching the point in the series that spawned one of the most infamous memes, probably second only to over 9000. So I wonder if they are going to do a "firin mah lazer" reference with Semi-Perfect Cell.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue May 12, 2015 5:04 am

I loved 16 in this episode "This Cell is comprised of 10.78% of Son Goku's DNA, these perimeters...are acceptable!"
17: "Forget killing Son Goku"
16: "Let's not get crazy!"

Poor 17, everytime he wants to change, he got screwed :lol:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue May 12, 2015 10:09 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I'd just have to note that TFS is now approaching the point in the series that spawned one of the most infamous memes, probably second only to over 9000. So I wonder if they are going to do a "firin mah lazer" reference with Semi-Perfect Cell.
They already did it with Nappa way back when. Dunno if that rules out its appearing again, but it's been years since I've actually seen it referenced on the interwebz anyway...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 12, 2015 10:18 am

I think this episode might have had my favorite Yamcha joke actually. It wasn't exceptionally mean spirited, like say, his fate in the future - though dark as it is, I do find it hilarious :lol: - nor was it really making him the butt of any joke on his strength. This time he was just a guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

...Something he arguably earned after being in the wrong place at the wrong time with Android 20, actually. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue May 12, 2015 1:56 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I'd just have to note that TFS is now approaching the point in the series that spawned one of the most infamous memes, probably second only to over 9000. So I wonder if they are going to do a "firin mah lazer" reference with Semi-Perfect Cell.
They already did it with Nappa way back when. Dunno if that rules out its appearing again, but it's been years since I've actually seen it referenced on the interwebz anyway...
True, but at the same time they downplayed the "over 9000" meme when it came along (this was "treated" in Kai Abridged 1) so it might be the case with this one. We'll just have to wait and see.

JoshuaSaiyajin

Post by JoshuaSaiyajin » Tue May 12, 2015 4:09 pm

For some reason, I have a feeling that we'll hear #17 & #18's voices in Cell similar to how we hear Nail and Kami's voices in Piccolo.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue May 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Naw, none of that will carry over to Cell. Cell will be a singular entity throughout.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue May 12, 2015 5:52 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Naw, none of that will carry over to Cell. Cell will be a singular entity throughout.
Probably a good thing too since having a teenage boy and girl talking in your subconscious would make things...weird.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue May 12, 2015 5:56 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Naw, none of that will carry over to Cell. Cell will be a singular entity throughout.
I like to imagine Cell would joking use their voices to mess with people, but yeah, it's all his kind of crazy in there.

Hey Kaiser, I'm curious, do you think it will be long until the next Abridged movie? Vegeta must be thrilled for the revenge Goku shall receive in the dick-injury department come Super Android 13 (it's almost like you set this up in advance, lol).

Also, I imagine The World's Strongest will be redone at some point, given it's the last pre-TFS movie left. 10th Anniversary for that one? Or a smidge sooner?
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm

One would like to take this moment to bring something to everyone's attention - as of roughly March (give or take a few weeks), Dragon Ball Z Abridged has now been running longer than the original run of Dragon Ball Z itself.

Just gonna let that sink in for a while.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Lol I love Cell's scream when 16 rips his tail off. It just sounds hilarious hahaha.

RealtreeByGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by RealtreeByGod » Tue May 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Random question for Kaiser while he's actually paying attention to this forum.

Would the process speed up at all if Taka lived in Dallas with you and Lani? Even with the magic of the internet, I imagine there might be some difficulty when one of the writers lives over 1000 miles away from the other two.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 13, 2015 12:57 am

The Tori-bot wrote:One would like to take this moment to bring something to everyone's attention - as of roughly March (give or take a few weeks), Dragon Ball Z Abridged has now been running longer than the original run of Dragon Ball Z itself.

Just gonna let that sink in for a while.
You mean the manga or the anime? Or both?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:You mean the manga or the anime? Or both?
Anime. After all, there is no such thing as Dragon Ball Z manga. ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
Not according to Viz. :P

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Wed May 13, 2015 11:04 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Freaken love that Stinger (no pun attended).
Episode was so great, I don't know why some assholes in the YouTube comments complain about waiting, it's like they don't realise they have the entire internet in front of them to pass the time.

Looking forward to seeing how many episodes Semi-Perfect Cell will last (my bets are on 2 or 3) before we get the magnificent Alucard-esque Perfect Cell from Takahata101, also can't wait to see Mr.Satan show up, I'm wondering how much you'll actually change him since he was already a joke character.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 13, 2015 11:48 am

Soooooo...
That's a thing. XD
The Tori-bot wrote:
Totally goes with what Taka did during Chris Sabat's announcement of Kai's international release. In short:

Taka (in his Ghost Nappa voice): Well you're four years late to that one!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 am

Next episode is already at 50%. So fast. :shock:

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 13, 2015 11:53 am

FoolsGil wrote:Next episode is already at 50%. So fast. :shock:
They're the fastest in the Universe! Poor Burter.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 13, 2015 11:55 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Soooooo...
That's a thing. XD
That smile... :shock: