Need someone to replace BOG music with Bruce Faulconer. $$$$

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Need someone to dub bruce faulconer BOG. Willing to pay

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 am

dragonballgeek wrote:I just know that his music in the 90s is what helped draw a larger audience of people, who would normally never take an interest in Japanese animation.
If DBZ had aired in the USA with the original music, nobody would have given a crap. They certainly didn't when the original DB did just that. It's telling that it managed to be successful pretty much everywhere else in the world with the original score - America would have acclimated just fine. The new music was simply one of many misguided business/creative decisions by a company who now freely admit they had no idea what they were doing back then. I've never heard of anyone, kid or adult, being swayed into watching the show because of the music and not the cool action/characters/story etc. It's fine if you prefer that music, many do, but holding Faulconer (or indeed any of the non-Kikuchi composers) up as some kind of beacon for the show's US success is a stretch.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.