Favorite "Fun" Fights

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Favorite "Fun" Fights

Post by ABED » Thu May 21, 2015 6:43 am

Goku vs. Jackie Chun or Goku vs. Tenshinhan round 2. I like both a lot. Great action and humor.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 6:50 am

ABED wrote:Goku vs. Jackie Chun
I don't know about that. For me, it stopped being a fun fight when Goku turned into an Oozaru and wrecked the World Martial Arts Stadium and nearly killed his friends. But hey, I guess even some fun fights need a little drama. :P

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu May 21, 2015 8:14 am

Goten vs Trunks.

The emotional drama in it. The war! The fate of Zenni on the line. World champion. Friend vs friend. Bros vs Bros. 2nd Gen rivalry. The class. The disrespect. The talent.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am

1st: Goku vs Pikkon in the Funi Dub (Pikkon's theme <3)! :D

Runner-up: Goku vs Krillin in the Japanese version (Mezase Tenkaichi <3).

Third place: Goten vs Trunks in Funi Dub (Pikkon's theme again <3). The crowd's reaction is hilarious.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Thu May 21, 2015 9:19 am

Android 18 vs Mighty Mask vs Mr Satan

The comedic timing in that fight is great as well as the visual gags like Satan gawking at the mushroom cloud in the distance or even little things like the way Goten and Trunks crawl around in order to switch to top and bottom always makes me laugh.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
ABED wrote:Goku vs. Jackie Chun
I don't know about that. For me, it stopped being a fun fight when Goku turned into an Oozaru and wrecked the World Martial Arts Stadium and nearly killed his friends. But hey, I guess even some fun fights need a little drama. :P
For all intents and purposes that wasn't Goku. Once Goku reverted back, it was back to being a fun bout.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Kuririn vs Goku in the 22nd Budokai. Even though it kind of spoils the fight some knowing that Goku is a lot stronger, it's still really exciting to see two best friends fight blow for blow like that. Also balloon Kuririn is a nice touch of comedy relief. I don't really like how it cuts back and forth from the fight and Tenshinhan and Roshi arguing in the anime, though.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Goku vs Jackie Chun
SSJ3 Goku vs Beerus
I don't know if it counts, but Goku vs Murasaki is super fun. Sure, Murasaki is trying to kill Goku, but there is never a sense of any real danger.It's also probably one the funniest fight in the series.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

One that hasn't been mentioned yet: Goku and Vegeta vs. Whis
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri May 22, 2015 1:35 am

Probably Goku vs Tien at the 23rd Tourney. Trunks against Tien is neat too.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Fri May 22, 2015 3:05 am

"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 am

Goku and Vegeta vs Whis

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat May 23, 2015 11:10 am

Goku Vs. Krillin at the 22nd Tournament

Jackie Chun Vs. Krillin in the 21st as well. I loved the bit where they explained to the audience every move they went through.

Goku Vs. Nam. Neither were trying to kill one another at the very least even though Nam desperately wanted to win.

Anytime Yamcha fights someone for fun in the filler; Krillin in Cell Saga and in the otherworld section of the Buu saga, Olibu and Gorilla in Buu saga, the opposing baseball team in the Saiyan saga, arguably Recoome if he counts too. These fights tend to be ridiculous and fun and Yamcha always seems to be enjoying himself. One of the few times he gets to be happy.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue May 26, 2015 1:05 am

Goku vs Uub (EoZ) is a fun fight

Also, Goten vs Trunks at Tenkaichi Budoukai. The choreography was great, until Uchiyama animated the next episode....