Fan-series art dump

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fan-series art dump

Post by HG-Project » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 am

Unfinished sketch that I'd really really like to finish...but life likes getting in the way and basically being a student sucks. OTL
Will post the finished version along with other crap currently in progress.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Another wip...*stares at the pile of stuff to finish* Nnn...=_=;;

I like muscles ^q^...I mean UM. Here's Mus, pun off of "Mustard."
When his planet was annexed by Ridge's uncle, he was taken as a prisoner along with the other survivors. And yes, he has some Saiyan blood in him--it's been pretty dilluted though, but the tail always gets expressed for some reason at least once per generation in his bloodline. Other members of his race (a branch off of Salza's) aren't really related to Saiyans, so he's pretty much the odd man out especially since his family's been killed. He was a pipsqueak as a child and wasn't all that useful as a prisoner-worker and because of this, he was actually about to be culled when Lantro and Apuri's mercenary squad leader took an interest in him and took him up. ;-;
Basically, he just wasn't interested in violence so being surrounded by hired soldiers and forced to go on battles obviously wasn't a trip to the amusement park for him. Somehow, he manages to survive mainly thanks to Lantro and Apuri covering for him and grows into THIS.
Eventually, the mercenary group gets usurped by Hurricane who hand-picks Lantro, Apuri, and Mus as her generals, and that's around where the story was supposed to kick off but oh well.
Though Mus still isn't into fighting, he's now more than capable as a warrior so when he snaps, duck and cover!

Kids.
Apuri, Lantro, Mus

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:00 am

Forgot to post sheets for these two lovebirds.
These are From 2-3 years ago. They both had backstories, but it's back to square one for them as I've thrown it away; new stories are in progress. OTL
Tianmu. Based off of the regional Chinese tea.
Descendant of Tenshinhan and Launch. Yes she has dark skin and I think it's pretty. Actually wanted to go darker but had to keep her predecessors in mind.
She's the ever-absent bancho of a district gang in her area, but soon relinquishes that role after almost losing her life. (Not that she ever wanted to become a delinquent to begin with; she kind of had to because she kept getting targeted and as such, needed to learn to fight back and fend for herself. She's actually very sweet and demure, especially to her grandmother.)
Generally cool and collected, but has internal conniptions over cute things like kittens. Also, has a complex about her third eye, which makes her feel like a freak.

Chahan. Based off of..actually it's not even a pun and just the word for "fried rice," haa.
Descendant of Yamcha. Inherited his good looks but basically lacks a brain as a trade-off. He is incredibly stupid BUT almost always ends up taking his opponents by surprise thanks to that. He's actually shown to be quite brilliant at times and basically kicks ass unexpectedly. The dumb, dark horse of the group; Chahan is hilarious. Reoccurring throwbacks to Yamcha, like losing teeth and being pitted against Saibaimen, for example. And yes, he is pretty damn good at baseball.
Also, he's left-handed.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:48 am

Doodle-painting of Karak, Coles' twin brother. Also, Coles gives him that scar.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:08 am

Tianmu doodle....ehh.
(Koda Kumi-inspired)

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 am

Blaze is my bae....;q;

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:07 am

I cant help but imagine her waking up with a serious case of bed head and spending a hour in the mirror trying to get the poof on the top of her head just right.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:27 pm

HG-Project wrote:Image
Blaze is my bae....;q;
HOT DAMN!!!

I kinda have a serious thing for muscle girls.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Fri May 01, 2015 1:33 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I cant help but imagine her waking up with a serious case of bed head and spending a hour in the mirror trying to get the poof on the top of her head just right.
Just gonna go with the halfassed route and say that it's automatically styled. :p
Besides, even if she were to get crazy bedhead, she'd ignore it because she dgaf...
Lord Beerus wrote: HOT DAMN!!!

I kinda have a serious thing for muscle girls.
*bursts into flames*

*nod nod* I know that feel.(when the amount of muscle doesn't get into ridiculous proportions =_=;;) Too bad she's pretty much asexual. D:

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Sun May 17, 2015 4:07 am

Done by my partner in mischief, TheDevilsCorpse. He makes Rorota look so cute. ;-;
---
Also, a teaser-snippet of a backstory script. The whole thing will be drawn out and posted soonish:

Coles: *pushing Pops’ arm down* Hold on, Pops. Let’s slow down for a bit. What you’re saying is, some girl showed up returning our ceramic pot to us?
Pops: That’s exactly it.
Coles: Yet the thief I ran into the other day was clearly a male. What happened here?
Pops: Ah, speaking of whom! Hey! Young lady, would you come over here for a bit? This is the partner I’ve been talking about!
Blaze: Again, what’s this “lady?” Is that some kind of a title used by your people?
Coles: *confused* Partner?... GEH! *looks up to see Blaze standing next to Pops*
Both: YOU?!
Blaze: THIS WEAKLING is the powerful warrior you told me about?!
Coles: THIS IS A GIRL?!
Coles: Wait, Pops. What is going on? What do you mean partner?
Blaze: Explain. How do you know this Namekian?
Pops: *laughing* One at a time you two.
Firstly, this is my son. *holds Coles to him by the shoulders*
Coles: ...*slightly embarrassed, he pulls away and straightens himself*
Blaze: ...Son?

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Sun May 17, 2015 8:47 am

This project looks amazing, I can't wait to see how it progresses. You truly are a talented artist! I love all of the background stories for the characters too.
DragonFlick Z 2.0 in the works.. if you are a Dragonball Youtuber, feel free to get in touch.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon May 18, 2015 3:40 pm

VeggieXD wrote:This project looks amazing, I can't wait to see how it progresses. You truly are a talented artist! I love all of the background stories for the characters too.
Thank you and same here, lol It's fun to work on it because the end product is also a mystery to me! Not sure if I deserve such a praise yet, but yes, I'll try hard! ^^

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Mon May 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Honestly out of all the fan projects I've seen and worked on, this is by far the most original, interesting and creative looking. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any help with promotional graphics, logos or video work.
DragonFlick Z 2.0 in the works.. if you are a Dragonball Youtuber, feel free to get in touch.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:24 pm

HG-Project wrote:Image
Concept headshot sketches. Dimensions aren't perfect; still working on figuring things out with this kid..
I like shark-like creatures. ~v~
Maybe it's just me, but this alien character reminds me of Pumpkinhead. Pumpkinhead is the monster from the late 80's horror film of the same name. Anyways, I love your work. Keep up the good work.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

@VeggieXD: Holy crap! Thank you so much! ;-; but please don't expect too much from this series, lol. The pressure..

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but this alien character reminds me of Pumpkinhead. Pumpkinhead is the monster from the late 80's horror film of the same name. Anyways, I love your work. Keep up the good work.
No, I totally see it. This "Pumpkinhead" guy is like the spitting image of Apuri except spawned from the deepest, darkest depths of hell that even Satan must avoid, lmao.
But oh my god this is like the perfect reference for Apuri's head. Thanks so much for letting me know--you've really helped me out! ;v;

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Sun May 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Oh hey have some Roropoops

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 am

So these kinda things are why Hurricane-chin has a reputation.

...she must be stopped :'V

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 pm

Blaze's old master/caretaker/father figure, Helix. His hobbies consisted of lifting boulders and throwing around huge battleaxes. Living the life.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:51 am

Mus, Apuri, and Lantro.

Listen here, you little sh*ts. When you get paid to fight in a war, you fight your enemies from the OTHER side, not create a ruckus bickering between yourselves over food.
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Remind me how me and my cousin would kill each other over the rocking chair in front of the living room TV.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]