Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Goku (Super Saiyan God) vs Superman-REMATCH

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:00 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Bullza wrote:Actually thinking about it now I wouldn't be that surprised if Goku did win. As somebody said it'd make for a tie breaker when going into the third fight which will again probably happen.

Goku should be a lot stronger this time around than he was in the previous fight. If they do go with a different version of Superman, most likely the New 52 version, well I'm not familiar with him but isn't he weaker?

I wonder how they'll judge his strenght and speed this time.
New 52 Superman is weaker than Post Crisis. Right now stat the moment he lost some powers (can't fly) so he ain't powerful.
I haven't really followed new 52 Supes, is he weakened because he used that new power a while back? The one where he releases all of his absorbed solar power in a explosion? I remember seeing that but I thought he was supposed to recover in a day or something.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Waste of time. Waste of time. Waste of time. Well if they want just views, they're gonna get em. I understand why Samus vs Boba was remade, but come on why bother with this? A featless form vs a guy with way more to gauge. And if they don't include the new SSGSS they're just gonna get the same shit again. Either way it's a waste. They already have Supes on a whole other level, and nothing warrants an actual rematch til we get some feats. Unless they really wanna count that heroes attack which blew up a galaxy, and I don't think that's gonna change the result anyways.

Shoulda been Galactus vs Unicron for their convention, and not this pointlessness. Though if they're just gonna pick a different Supes....then maybe that might slightly warrant something....and even then why bother with a featless Goku? Unless they can somehow show that this fight is a lot closer than the last one, which wasn't very close at all, then maybe there is a point. But if this is another stomp fight again, then why even bother?....Oh wait views that's why. Hope they don't bitch about negativity again, cause this one is all on them, even when they'd probably be right.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:(...)why bother with a featless Goku?
Featless isnt the correct word to describe Goku, hard to judge is more correct.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I said this once before and I'll say it again. Just have Gurren Lagann kick Superman and Goku ass at the same time. Problem solved. The rematch is obviously to get money(smart business Imo) and I'm excited to see the comment section though. That's the real treat :)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Whatever if they were smart they would've done galactus vs unicron then waited for the new series of dragon ball to do it but hey they brought this on themselves on what happens

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 pm

This should be entertaining, even if the result is obvious. I just...ugh...can't stand MasakoX's Goku voice. Only TFS VA that makes me cringe.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:(...)why bother with a featless Goku?
Featless isnt the correct word to describe Goku, hard to judge is more correct.
I say featless as most agree the only way to gauge him is through scaling. Unlike DC and Marvel which have feats, Dragon Ball is all about scaling. If you didn't then everyone would look to be on the same tier somehow with people just going to the upper ends and lower ends of said tier.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Based on feats alone Super Saiyan God Goku hasn't really shown to have done anything that we didn't think he could do already.

There's no multiplyer either to attach to this form like the others. They're going to have to go off of power scaling. Maybe use calculations to determine what SSJ3 Vegito would be at and then use that as a minimum perhaps.

Power scale off of Beerus being able to destroy a galaxy and destroy multiple planets through physical strenght and say he's capable of 60% of that.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:44 pm

Another one?! DBZ really brings the bread to these guys home.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't know if anyone ever saw this but I found it just now.

Some fan asked Rhonda Rousey who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku and this is what she had to say.

""Goku would definitely win, because Superman is already capped out. You know what I mean? His powers are where it's at and he's not going to get any more. Goku can destroy an entire planet, and I don't think Superman can do that, so definitely Goku."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... u-superman

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 pm

I feel like that this rematch was made because fans won't shut up about it. DBZ fans can not handle criticism at all. That's why most of them get upset when you say things bad about a DBZ game that they all like or say anything wrong towards Goku. I feel like Super Saiyan God Goku should have been put up against a more godly character like Rune King Thor. If Superman loses then all of the DC fanboys are going to bitch about it and ask for another proper match.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel like that this rematch was made because fans won't shut up about it. DBZ fans can not handle criticism at all. That's why most of them get upset when you say things bad about a DBZ game that they all like or say anything wrong towards Goku. I feel like Super Saiyan God Goku should have been put up against a more godly character like Rune King Thor. If Superman loses then all of the DC fanboys are going to bitch about it and ask for another proper match.
So?that's their fault should've waited until super is done before doing a rematch cause god knows how strong goku will be then plus this even worse than before cause if goku loses again that'll piss most of their fanbase off,have supes loses fanboys are gonna bitch about. If they have anyone to blame they could only blame themselves for this.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 pm

If this fight is a rematch then it could possibly act as a continuation of the previous fight.

Meaning this time around Goku would know from the start that Superman's powers are linked to the sun. Which could involve Goku destroying the sun or teleporting them both to a world without a sun to gain an advantage.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't know if anyone ever saw this but I found it just now.

Some fan asked Rhonda Rousey who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku and this is what she had to say.

""Goku would definitely win, because Superman is already capped out. You know what I mean? His powers are where it's at and he's not going to get any more. Goku can destroy an entire planet, and I don't think Superman can do that, so definitely Goku."

Sounds like she doesn't know much about Superman. Superman can get stronger, its been shown many a time in his comics that he can get stronger through various different means (training to lower his self imposed limitations, solar power from different color stars, simply being in sunlight/sundipping for longer times). And its been said many times that he could destroy a planet (pretty sure they even say it in the last death battle, along with talking about supes getting stronger).

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel like that this rematch was made because fans won't shut up about it. DBZ fans can not handle criticism at all. That's why most of them get upset when you say things bad about a DBZ game that they all like or say anything wrong towards Goku. I feel like Super Saiyan God Goku should have been put up against a more godly character like Rune King Thor. If Superman loses then all of the DC fanboys are going to bitch about it and ask for another proper match.
Welcome to the internet. Grab a chair, snack on some popcorn, and enjoy (if possible) the ride.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 am

dario03 wrote:

Sounds like she doesn't know much about Superman. Superman can get stronger, its been shown many a time in his comics that he can get stronger through various different means (training to lower his self imposed limitations, solar power from different color stars, simply being in sunlight/sundipping for longer times). And its been said many times that he could destroy a planet (pretty sure they even say it in the last death battle, along with talking about supes getting stronger).
She's a casual fan at best and probably know only by cartoons. Don't attack her for it.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Re: Death Battle Super Saiyan God Goku vs Superman Rematch

Post by Mewzard » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Yeah, way too early to do it when Super is just around the corner.
Dragon Ball Super was announced, what, two months ago or so? They were probably already working on this when that was announced. Not their fault.
ShaneisMC wrote:It honestly depends entirely on the iteration of Superman they use. Most of them Goku stomps. The only ones he doesn't are the versions of Superman that are themselves utterly ridiculous. One of the many reasons I don't like him. There's a billion versions many of which are poorly written, and he's such a situational character. If not for sunlight he wouldn't be anything. He's battery man pretty much. Cool guy. Unlikable Super hero though imo. One of the reasons Goku is so awesome is that he always pushes himself to grow. If Clark wants to get stronger he can go lay out on the beach for 15 minutes :p
Uh, the last Death Battle used the Post-Crisis Superman, who was massively weakened from Pre-Crisis, and he was still past moving the moon with raw physical strength, and past the speed of light in speed (neither feat of which Goku has shown to match).

With a character that has had as many writers as Superman, some times bad stories will be told, but Superman's also had some great stories (Goku may have a better quality average than Superman *one of the advantages of creator control*, but I'd say Superman's best stories are better than Goku's best stories). The best Superman stories know how to focus on the character over the powers (though you can get some awesome stuff with his powers too).
I still want to see Super Saiyan God Goku fight Pegasus Seiya in his Pegasus God Cloth. Both mortals who gained golden forms and god forms, both probably suffering from severe brain damage after the number of head blows received. Of course, it's a 13 year old vs a middle aged man, but I don't think Goku would mind.

Bullza wrote:If this fight is a rematch then it could possibly act as a continuation of the previous fight.

Meaning this time around Goku would know from the start that Superman's powers are linked to the sun. Which could involve Goku destroying the sun or teleporting them both to a world without a sun to gain an advantage.
There's a few problems with this.

1. Goku wants a challenge, so he lets foes get at their best. It's his own weakness really. We saw it when he blew up the Kryptonite.

2. Destroying the Sun would kill Goku before it would kill Superman when it came to the conditions involved. And Supes could survive if he went to the nearest habitable world or went to a new Star (Goku would have to teleport out to live). He can fly quite a bit faster than the speed of light and go to other star systems, all without health issues.

3. Goku has to know a world is without a star, sense someone there, and then teleport while hanging on to Superman long enough without his concentration being broken. The odds of that being successful are a bit low.

That's just one weakness that's tricky to take advantage of for Goku with his particular abilities and intellect, even if he would (which I argue he wouldn't).

Besides, it would be a lame fight if it was just resolved by weakening Superman before beating him. Both sides would be upset at that kind of ending.

Edit: I suppose, thinking about it, they probably brought everything back with the Namekian Dragon Balls. I wonder who made that wish...
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:36 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
dario03 wrote:

She's a casual fan at best and probably know only by cartoons. Don't attack her for it.
I didn't attack her and yeah she probably does only know him from the Superman the animated series which is what a lot of people know him from.

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 am

I guess the question is.... if they are going to use Goku as a Super Saiyan God, are they going to use Superman when he's Superman Prime from the year One Million, at effectively the peak of his power as we've seen him?

Kal Kent was many times more powerful than Superman when properly charged, but was very little when compared to Superman at his peak as Superman Prime.

The problem with any "vs Superman" fight is inherently you have to sort of use a hobbled version of Superman to even make it a fight.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

Death Battle used an composite Superman that didn't have his Pre Crisis feats, not a regular post crisis Superman. I also don't think there using new 52 SUperman just his suit because it's up to date, bet the Super Flash will kill Goku this time.