"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:35 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote:Just realized that Super aired in Japan today. If anyone finds an English fansub later on, do you think you could link it to everyone?
It doesn't air for another ~5 hours, and no, that's illegal and won't be happening here. You want it, you're on your own to find it.
Okay, thanks for the info.

Didn't Funimation say they were announcing many simiulcasts in a panel of some sort? When is the date for that?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:37 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote:Just realized that Super aired in Japan today. If anyone finds an English fansub later on, do you think you could link it to everyone?
It doesn't air for another ~5 hours, and no, that's illegal and won't be happening here. You want it, you're on your own to find it.
Okay, thanks for the info.

Didn't Funimation say they were announcing many simiulcasts in a panel of some sort? When is the date for that?
Yesterday and there was nothing about Super sadly.

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Yesterday and there was nothing about Super sadly.
That's a shame. :cry:

Maybe there's more work being put into Resurrection F that they can't work with Super at the same time. I can see Funimation wanting to get the movie out first, then the series.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I still think it's Toei's fault somehow that Funi hasn't gotten a hold of simulcast rights yet. I don't know if it was a time-management thing, or a "asking too much money" thing, or a "we want to air this locally before doing anything international" thing, or something else entirely until proven otherwise.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:I still think it's Toei's fault somehow that Funi hasn't gotten a hold of simulcast rights yet. I don't know if it was a time-management thing, or a "asking too much money" thing, or a "we want to air this locally before doing anything international" thing, or something else entirely until proven otherwise.
Probably. Even if, for logistical reasons (getting F out first, herding voice actors together), Funi can't actually do it yet, they're probably leaping at any chance to at least confirm that they will at some point.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Yeah, it's definitely Toei. FUNimation would already be putting DVDs up for pre-order if they could.

Maybe they're worried it could interfere with international "Resurrection 'F'" box office performance if fans could just watch a TV show retell its plot from the comfort of their own homes?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Is the silhouetted Broly-like Saiyan in the top right for Super or Heroes? Really want to read the text but can't https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=563005C2

2nd link: https://www.facebook.com/46139328053961 ... cation=ufi
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:15 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:Is the silhouetted Broly-like Saiyan in the top right for Super or Heroes? Really want to read the text but can't https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=563005C2

Looks fake. Why would Broly be a secret for anything at this point? He's lame.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:17 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:Is the silhouetted Broly-like Saiyan in the top right for Super or Heroes? Really want to read the text but can't https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=563005C2

It's most likely for Heroes and Honestly....it looks like they're teasing an SSJG form for Broly....blegh

Could be fake though.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Please don't, Broly to be a part of the new series?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Would he be silhouetted if it was for Heroes and why would he be next to the S logo if he was in heroes ? With them reintroducing the last 2 movies into this I guess they could do the same with Broly.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Leaner ssjg version of Broly?

I'm interested... :shifty:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:21 pm

I doubt they'd put Broly in Super.

The placement is odd, but given that the other Heroes stuff is at the top, it's probably just something like SSJG Broly for Heroes, yeah. (Because Heroes will never end while there are still forms they haven't given Broly yet.)
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:21 pm

MagicBox wrote:Maybe they're worried it could interfere with international "Resurrection 'F'" box office performance if fans could just watch a TV show retell its plot from the comfort of their own homes?
I don't think that's the reason, until next month most of the world will have gotten F, and Super won't be there yet, definitely.
Toei is improving lately, but they're still too old school when it comes to their businesses. I can't find a good and valid explanation if Super doesn't get a simulcast. Maybe they want to wait and sell it internationally, but i'm pretty sure that, outside Japan, anime doesn't have the same reach on tv anymore when compared to the internet, at least not in the West.
sintzu wrote:Would he be silhouetted if he was for Heroes and why would he be next to the S logo if he was in heroes ?
Yes, they do silhouette new characters for Heroes. And that picture isn't even new...i doubt they would casually give away something relevant about Super in a pamphlet like that.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:24 pm

That will be fun (ignoring Broly) another SSG and he has a tail too, I wish Goku and Vegeta would grow their tails back....

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:26 pm

That was posted on the 20th June. If it's real wouldn't it have been picked up on by now?

I don't buy it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:27 pm

100% sure it's for Heroes. Toriyama seems to be in the mindset of dumping and ignoring anything he didn't write himself.

Also, Brolli's creator, Koyama, quite publicly spoke of his dislike of BOG and his love for his own creation. I doubt he'd work with Toriyama.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 pm

That page doesn't look real at all. So I doubt it's for anything.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Friendly reminder that this is a forum. Not a blog or a chat room. I know everyone is excited, but take your time to make thoughtful and relevant posts.

Obviously most of us don't live in Japan, and there doesn't seem to be any official simulcast in the works yet (if ever). But the forum rules and section rules still apply.

Also, here's a chart with a lot of major time zones in relation to the premiere in JST. Whether you have the ability to watch it live yourself, or just want to know when to start looking for reactions on social media and stuff.
-Rachel

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Everyone so worried about Funimation similucast. How about other languages or countries? Latin America love DBZ. Could they have one or perhaps a French one?