Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't know why people are using Beerus feats for Goku. Goku is still weaker then Beerus and still has yet to beat him.
The reason Beerus feats are used for Goku is because we have yet to see Beerus true power and we know Goku pushed him to 70%. The poking feat is very likely effortless, probably less than 1% of his power, and the speed feat may be Beerus top speed, but Goku in god won't be lagging too far behind.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:38 pm

People are stupid for giving these guys so much attention and the obvious just happened. Goku lost again. Are you happy?! I hope every dbz fan that asked for this stupid rematch is satisfied and the next time, they think twice before ask anything. Right no, screwattack is just laughing, because they still don't give damn and this is just another video that will make money roll in for them. Now, start asking for Beerus vs Superman, Whis vs Superman, or wait for Goku next transformation with green hair. Different people will always have different opinions.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:40 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:The reason Beerus feats are used for Goku is because we have yet to see Beerus true power and we know Goku pushed him to 70%. The poking feat is very likely effortless, probably less than 1% of his power, and the speed feat may be Beerus top speed, but Goku in god won't be lagging too far behind.
The problem is, with him being the God of Destruction, we can't really say how his destructive abilities hold up to other characters. How much of it is being the God of Destruction? Just like the Kaioshin can create worlds, Goku being stronger than them doesn't mean he can do the same, because it's not just raw power.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:53 pm

This video almost felt like a case of the old "I'm the one making this, therefore whatever I say is right no matter what, so nyah!" response videos. lol After the first video making a point about their version of Superman having no limits, the only point of a second video I could think of would be to say, "Look, our main argument was that (our) Superman is omnipotent, therefore Goku can never beat him no matter how strong he becomes!". Looks like I was right. They both neglect and take advantage of Superman's biggest limitation of all: writers. With so many writers over the decades for Superman, he is the most inconsistent character of all time. But I think they may the first writers to write a version of Superman that has absolutely no limits at all (hence "their" Superman). If someday in the distant future after Toriyama is gone, we get a writer that makes an all powerful version of Goku with strength surpassing infinity, that Goku would still lose to their Superman because it's their work and they can do what they want, and what they want is for their Superman to win no matter what. Hence why nobody should give a crap.
In a way, you could even say everybody's opinion on who'd win is their own way they'd write it. Personally, when I heard "no limits" in the first video my first thought was, "Wait, Superman's power comes from the sun. And the sun does have a finite amount of energy. So even if Superman literally absobed the entire sun, he would still have limits. Those limits may be way out there, but still there nonetheless." Hence you'd never see me write a Superman that's omnipotent like their version.
I seem to recall Superman's earliest stories from his original writers having him being just that, Superman (not "Godman"). He could jump really high (not fly), could be hurt by steal piercing bullets (nowhere near invulnerable), and run pretty fast. Goes to show how drastically a character can change by switching between countless writers over the course of a century. Makes me wonder just how different Goku and other famous characters of our day could be when our great, great grandchildren take over...

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Mewzard wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:The reason Beerus feats are used for Goku is because we have yet to see Beerus true power and we know Goku pushed him to 70%. The poking feat is very likely effortless, probably less than 1% of his power, and the speed feat may be Beerus top speed, but Goku in god won't be lagging too far behind.
The problem is, with him being the God of Destruction, we can't really say how his destructive abilities hold up to other characters. How much of it is being the God of Destruction? Just like the Kaioshin can create worlds, Goku being stronger than them doesn't mean he can do the same, because it's not just raw power.
I'd rather not get into a big debate on whether Goku can or cant do it, but I personally believe he can as I think that the poke Beerus did was something Whis could do also, and so can Goku as a god. If they tell us Beerus can do stuff like that because he's the God of Destruction, and it's a special ability they have, I'll believe it, but for now I just think it's because he's so powerful. Creating worlds is truly special, but destroying worlds is something that every powerful character can do (Beerus even lets other people do his job for him when he sleeps). Like I said, If we get official word on that instance being something special that only Beerus can do I'll believe it, but for now I only see it as pure power.
Just differing opinions. :)

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Resurrection F, Cooler Revenge, and this Death Battle further prove that Goku's #1 weakness is getting hit with Laser blasts.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:07 pm

I like how they released this battle right before it was confirmed that Beerus can destroy entire universe by kai's. So then I guess ssj god goku is a 70 percent universe buster and yet he lost against the 52 new superman. I hate when people say that superman has limitless potential but Goku apprently doesnt. Having a limitless potentional doesnt automatically give you limitless power, Superman would have to spend billions of years sun dipped in order to acheave something like that and we would have to say same thing for Goku. Goku's main dream is to become the strongest he could be, He fought characters who were literaly way stronger than him like majin buu and yet after their defeat he wanted to train all this time so that he wouldnt have to rely on others people to defeat someone.

For example let's imagine if there was a new villain who happened to appear in dragon ball, and he was similar to superman who had limitless potential, If Goku was to fight him and lose, he would not only destroy the entire universe but he would completely destroy them from existance which means that neither Goku or anyone would exist in after life. What would Goku do then?Would he have an indomitable mindset? Would he still try to have his opponent reach his maximum form or will he try to take him out because he would know the stakes if he was to lose. The whole RoF movie was to teach Goku specifically that constantly letting his opponents power up or having too much pride is going to get everyone killed that he himself is trying to protect.

The ultimate question if have for all you people that think that all Goku cares about is fighting stronger characters.Then why would he at the end of z saga go to train oob? Why would even bother taking a role as a teacher? He obviously wants someone to protect the earth and the universe when hes gone. Younger Goku might have not had the same type of mindset but when he's becoming more older and wiser. Goku already has no time for martial arts tournaments since hes constantly saving the earth, but what will happen when he is going to be dealing with opponents that can destroy a universe? He will eventually would only have one choice and its to surpass them and even break the infinity if he has to!
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:32 pm

I'd reckon that most people involved in this debate would probably vote for Goku because they prefer him as a character. Since it's not a popularity contest, it shouldn't matter who wins. Superman is so overpowered that he would win most of time, and I think that's fine. Keep in mind that I prefer Dragon Ball to that universe even though I've enjoyed many DC animated movies.

Anyway, kudos to Screw Attack using some newer material like Kai and the recent movies in that second death battle...even though the conclusion was basically the same as the last one.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:37 pm

I like how they released this battle right before it was confirmed that Beerus can destroy entire universe by kai's.
Don't jump the gun on that one. It's just going to be a hyperbole comment.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Fulicer wrote:I'd reckon that most people involved in this debate would probably vote for Goku because they prefer him as a character. Since it's not a popularity contest, it shouldn't matter who wins. Superman is so overpowered that he would win most of time, and I think that's fine. Keep in mind that I prefer Dragon Ball to that universe even though I've enjoyed many DC animated movies.

Anyway, kudos to Screw Attack using some newer material like Kai and the recent movies in that second death battle...even though the conclusion was basically the same as the last one.
Superman isn't even overpowered in his own league. There are plenty of people who could fight toe-to-toe/take him down within the team.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Here is what I surmised. Son Kun is stronger than Muten Roshi. A man who blew up the Moon in Dragon Ball. Also his Ka Me Ha Me Ha (which if shot at Cell while Goku was in the air would destroy the Earth.) So Son Goku is capable of destroying whole planets. A impressive feat.
Superman can move multiple planets at once, hold a black hole in his hand and survive a exploding sun. I'm more than positive that Son Kun can not perform these feats. So wouldn't these feats make Superman stronger than Son Goku?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:23 pm

singsing wrote: Superman isn't even overpowered in his own league. There are plenty of people who could fight toe-to-toe/take him down within the team.
Compared to characters in other universes Superman is certainly "overpowered."

I think in Injustice: Gods Among Us

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 pm

singsing wrote:
Fulicer wrote:I'd reckon that most people involved in this debate would probably vote for Goku because they prefer him as a character. Since it's not a popularity contest, it shouldn't matter who wins. Superman is so overpowered that he would win most of time, and I think that's fine. Keep in mind that I prefer Dragon Ball to that universe even though I've enjoyed many DC animated movies.

Superman isn't even overpowered in his own league. There are plenty of people who could fight toe-to-toe/take him down within the team.
Exactly! As powerful as he is he not even the strongest in his universe even at his peak plus not even strongest in fiction since guys like dark Schneider,odin,classic doctor strange,galactus or any nigh omnipotent would eat him alive :lol:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Fulicer wrote:
singsing wrote: Superman isn't even overpowered in his own league. There are plenty of people who could fight toe-to-toe/take him down within the team.

Well yeah of course compared to some universe just like goku if you compared him to universes like one piece but to others like ttgl or jjba heck sailor moon he's not shit really.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:48 pm

I can't help but feel that this entire thing is a bunch of weeaboos who only care about strength debates getting mad that a Western superhero (especially one as 'bland' as Superman) is stronger than their idol. Raw numbers is all they care about, so having Goku lose via raw numbers is a direct insult to their belief system.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:49 pm

I just saw the video, and I couldn't be more disappointed. It's not because Goku lost, I knew he was going to lose from the start one way or another. The video was just useless and boring. The animation was great but the fight was much shorter than the first one and they used no signature moves other than the kamehameha and Superman's heat beam. Also I don't know much about Superman but people are saying that they used liked 3 different versions of him in the fight, which is sloppy and lazy. I don't know if the most current Superman could beat Goku since everyone says that he's nerfed, but I think he probably still could given how he can absorb solar energy or whatever. Boring video, predictable outcome, should've just come out with a statement saying Superman will win instead of making a second battle, but hey, where is the money in that? In the end they got what they wanted, but they could've at least made the fight more interesting.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 pm

MajinMan wrote:I just saw the video, and I couldn't be more disappointed. It's not because Goku lost, I knew he was going to lose from the start one way or another. The video was just useless and boring. The animation was great but the fight was much shorter than the first one and they used no signature moves other than the kamehameha and Superman's heat beam. Also I don't know much about Superman but people are saying that they used liked 3 different versions of him in the fight, which is sloppy and lazy. I don't know if the most current Superman could beat Goku since everyone says that he's nerfed, but I think he probably still could given how he can absorb solar energy or whatever. Boring video, predictable outcome, should've just come out with a statement saying Superman will win instead of making a second battle, but hey, where is the money in that? In the end they got what they wanted, but they could've at least made the fight more interesting.
Nah, current N52 Superman would get wrecked by Yamcha. He's been losing his powers and got to the point where a normal bullet almost killed him.
Fulicer wrote:

Compared to characters in other universes Goku is overpowered as well. Doesn't mean much. Martian Manhunter could destroy Superman, as could GL most of the time if he's not jobbing, and people like Captain Atom or Shazam could give him a good fight.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Are we still arguing over this?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:31 pm

singsing wrote:Nah, current N52 Superman would get wrecked by Yamcha. He's been losing his powers and got to the point where a normal bullet almost killed him.
Wasn't that because his new Super Flare move wipes out his powers for 24 hours? Saying Yamcha could beat Superman like that is like saying Yamcha could beat Goku by setting off a bomb on his spaceship when he was in space: It's true but it gives Yamcha no dignity.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Mewzard wrote:
singsing wrote:Nah, current N52 Superman would get wrecked by Yamcha. He's been losing his powers and got to the point where a normal bullet almost killed him.
Wasn't that because his new Super Flare move wipes out his powers for 24 hours? Saying Yamcha could beat Superman like that is like saying Yamcha could beat Goku by setting off a bomb on his spaceship when he was in space: It's true but it gives Yamcha no dignity.
Or saying that Puar could beat Goku after he was nearly beaten to death by Vegeta.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147