Do you think the weaker z warriors will travel to Universe 6

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Do you think the weaker z warriors will travel to Universe 6

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:06 am

I know their pretty weak and have had little to no limelight for ages. However if Goku and Vegeta go to other universes. Do you think the weaker z warriors will follow them?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: Do you think the weaker z warriors will travel to Univer

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:28 am

I would like to think so, but who knows. Maybe only Goku and Vegeta will visit U6 and leave the gang behind. On their adventure, Goku and Vegeta will meet new powerful allies that replace the Z-fighters but after the U6 arc is over they need to part ways and Goku and Vegeta have to return to the "chumps" back at U7.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:35 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I would like to think so, but who knows. Maybe only Goku and Vegeta will visit U6 and leave the gang behind. On their adventure, Goku and Vegeta will meet new powerful allies that replace the Z-fighters but after the U6 arc is over they need to part ways and Goku and Vegeta have to return to the "chumps" back at U7.
I was thinking they would get new allies. However it would be nice the other guys join them and become more powerful through their travels.

I thought about it cause if u7 is a weaker universe. Perhaps on average u6 would suffice or be enough of a challenge for the others.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 am

That would be nice.
However, if the old gang goes to U6, I don't see their roles being any different than the roles they played in the new movies. Fighting the mooks and getting their asses kicked.
The only ones I see getting any stronger are Goku and Vegeta.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:49 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:That would be nice.
However, if the old gang goes to U6, I don't see their roles being any different than the roles they played in the new movies. Fighting the mooks and getting their asses kicked.
The only ones I see getting any stronger are Goku and Vegeta.
Yeah that is the most likely scenerio. However since the show seems to be highlighting them to appear. Whose to say that show won't have all the z warriors face off against Frezias army? Or perhaps have fighting beerus they wish to become stronger. I hope they will see old Kai. That is the best case scenerio.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:13 am

The only one I can see going is Piccolo.

Gohan is strong enough but I doubt he'll leave his family behind and the others would probably get killed the minute they arrive.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:37 am

I'd love to see Krillin, Gohan and Tenshinhan become relevant somehow again.

It's not going to happen, though.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 am

Diotor wrote:I'd love to see Krillin, Gohan and Tenshinhan become relevant somehow again.

It's not going to happen, though.
Agreed. I wish that the "Z Fighters" was the group again instead of just Goku and Vegeta. It would be awesome to see them all fighting against new enemies in Universe 6. But as long as the fights are good and we don't see a bunch of slightly different versions of previous enemies (like Champa is to Beerus) then I'm good.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:39 am

Considering they're all featured in the opening, I'm positive they will travel to universe 6 and play a very important role:

They will stick behind Goku and Vegeta, and cheer them on. They will also provide us hilarious gag scenes.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:45 am

I certainly hope that they do. If nothing else, I'd love to see some more of Gohan and Piccolo.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:45 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Considering they're all featured in the opening, I'm positive they will travel to universe 6 and play a very important role.

They will stick behind Goku and Vegeta, and cheer them on. They will also provide us hilarious gag scenes.
YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH

RealtreeByGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by RealtreeByGod » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 pm

It'll probably be just Goku and Vegeta.

What I'd want to happen is have 2 plots running at the same time. Cut back and forth between Goku & Vegeta's adventures in Universe 6 and have another bad guy come to Earth for the kids, Piccolo, and the humans to deal with.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:18 pm

What the hell is everyone talking about? Gohan, Piccolo, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Kame-sennin, and even Jaco, got some awesome fighting scenes in FnF, and almost everyone played a role through gags in BoG, they weren't irrelevant characters. Of course Goku will fight & defeat the main threats, since he is the main protagonist, and Vegeta will always be growing stronger along with him since he is his rival, but saying that the movies only focus on Goku & Vegeta is just not true. It's like saying that Freeza arc focused on Goku because he became a Super Saiyan & defeated Freeza, or that Cell arc was focused on Gohan because he became a Super Saiyan 2 & killed Cell.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:50 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
What the hell is everyone talking about? Gohan, Piccolo, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Kame-sennin, and even Jaco, got some awesome fighting scenes in FnF, and almost everyone played a role through gags in BoG, they weren't irrelevant characters.

Of course Goku will fight & defeat the main threats, since he is the main protagonist.
When fans say they want them to play a role in Super they mean important ones like they did in DB&Z.

With this being a series,don't be surprised if Vegeta,Beerus&Whis get to defeat a main threat as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:10 pm

sintzu wrote:When fans say they want them to play a role in Super they mean important ones like they did in DB&Z.
You mean play their roles & have cool fights until the main villain comes & kicks their asses, which is when Goku suddenly appears and saves the day? Because that's so different from what we saw in BoG & FnF.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:18 pm

If they change the ending of the F arc drastically to lead right into the U6 arc, then mostly everyone who survived Freeza's blast would have a motive to go into U6.

I severely doubt they're gonna change the F arc too much, which is a shame really, so I assume only Goku, Vegeta and probably Beerus and Whis (maybe Champa and his assistant if they turn to Goku's side) will go into universe 6.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I think the team will be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Kuririn, and Bulma. I don't see Beerus & Whis going, unless the lose their positions as gods, which I really don't see happening.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:28 pm

I think it's very likely Beerus & Whis will go. Whis is Goku and Vegeta's teacher, Beerus is functioning as their rival, though stronger, and they're slowly being integrated into the Dragon Team as replacements for the weaker characters. Plus, they don't really give too much of a shit about their job (if that statement of Elder Kaioshin about Beerus destroying the universe if he gets mad is of any indication) so it's not like they have much of a reason to stay in U7 if everyone else goes to U6.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:30 pm

No way they leave Beerus and Whis behind. Those characters I'm sure are sticking around. If they're left behind, then screen time will definitely still partially go to them. I can't see Beerus and Whis becoming part of the background. If anything they're gonna replace the current losers.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 pm

How will they go? They are gods, they are supposed to be neutral.