"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by kizuki » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 pm

MajinMan wrote:I remember when this game first came out and recieved a lot of praise. Honestly it was really fun. I enjoyed the fact that you had to go and grind parallel quests in order to get strong enough to beat the main missions. Sometime around June was when I dropped the game because there was nothing else left for me to do. I have every character(except SSJ4 Vegeta), every skill, Z-Ranked every parallel quest, and around 75% of the equipment. I tried online but found myself constantly facing people who cheese the game and just didn't have the patience to adapt. Right now my main is level 96 with all the masters completed and I feel like I'm done with the game as I have no drive to grind to level 99. It's funny because at one point during July I was thinking about restarting the story mode from scratch with another character.....but you can't without deleting all your data....or somethin. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and set a good foundation for Xenoverse 2.
You can start over with a brand new character ... kinda'.

If you want to re-do the story from scratch, or do any of the specific stories for that matter, just head into the area where you would get missions from Trunks or The Kaioshin of Time. All the way in the back is the temple, with all the stores missions separated into "Arcs." (Sorry if you knew this already)

I did the same thing with a secondary character, but found myself wanting to grind out all Super and Ultimate Attacks instead.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:45 pm

MajinMan wrote:I remember when this game first came out and recieved a lot of praise. Honestly it was really fun. I enjoyed the fact that you had to go and grind parallel quests in order to get strong enough to beat the main missions. Sometime around June was when I dropped the game because there was nothing else left for me to do. I have every character(except SSJ4 Vegeta), every skill, Z-Ranked every parallel quest, and around 75% of the equipment. I tried online but found myself constantly facing people who cheese the game and just didn't have the patience to adapt. Right now my main is level 96 with all the masters completed and I feel like I'm done with the game as I have no drive to grind to level 99. It's funny because at one point during July I was thinking about restarting the story mode from scratch with another character.....but you can't without deleting all your data....or somethin. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and set a good foundation for Xenoverse 2.
Unless you play on PC, you can just create a new user on PSN/XBL and start fresh.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 pm

I play Xenoverse on the PS3.I go to the Tournament area and World Tournament mode doesn't show as active on my game. Anyone know why this is?
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:20 pm

ChahikoDBZ wrote:I play Xenoverse on the PS3.I go to the Tournament area and World Tournament mode doesn't show as active on my game. Anyone know why this is?
Because the beta ended for people to participate and the 2nd part is only available for players who got a high enough ranking to get into the 2nd part of the Tournament mode. Basically meaning they're all F**king spammers. The Tournament mode is rather literally no different than normal PvP, except it's always 1v1, always tournament stage, and you're pretty much always against an a$$hole spamming ultimates.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 pm

ChahikoDBZ wrote:I play Xenoverse on the PS3.I go to the Tournament area and World Tournament mode doesn't show as active on my game. Anyone know why this is?
The beta's over and the actual tournament starts next week.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:40 am

Zelvin wrote:
Because the beta ended for people to participate and the 2nd part is only available for players who got a high enough ranking to get into the 2nd part of the Tournament mode. Basically meaning they're all F**king spammers. The Tournament mode is rather literally no different than normal PvP, except it's always 1v1, always tournament stage, and you're pretty much always against an a$$hole spamming ultimates.
Oh that makes sense. Sorry I was confused. I agree, the combat system is too exploitable making the tournament idea not even fun.
Shinnin wrote:The beta's over and the actual tournament starts next week.
Oh okay thanks.~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:34 am

Played a little bit of XV earlier today after a week or so break from it and made some progress on Gokû's route; it's just making me excited for that point in Super where Gokû and Vegeta get to be classmates under Whis.

Gokû taking "the floor is lava" game literally is something else. Vegeta's lucky Gokû won't be the teacher. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am

Zelvin wrote:
Not quite, the World Tournament was supposed to start on the 25th but was delayed until September 1st where everyone can still enter.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:19 pm

So I found this survey for Xenoverse. Can anyone determine if it's official or not?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H56SQWS
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So I found this survey for Xenoverse. Can anyone determine if it's official or not?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H56SQWS
It's official. I took it a week or two ago. It was posted up on their official fb page: https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Damn it all I forgot to address the RNG
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Damn it all I forgot to address the RNG
Even if you didn't, I'm certain the other 12million fans did. Repeatedly.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Looks like we got a PQ EXP boost event going on right now. Noticed it while doing PQs.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Yeah, it was mentioned last page or whatever as probably being active in promotion with the tournament opening.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

RealtreeByGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by RealtreeByGod » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 am

Are they ever gonna come out with a story DLC for RoF?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

RealtreeByGod wrote:Are they ever gonna come out with a story DLC for RoF?
No, the RoF pack was the last DLC we are getting for the game that we know of so far. Youll have to wait for a sequel to get actual story content of the movie.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:59 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
RealtreeByGod wrote:Are they ever gonna come out with a story DLC for RoF?
No, the RoF pack was the last DLC we are getting for the game that we know of so far. Youll have to wait for a sequel to get actual story content of the movie.
I'm sure by that point they will use Super's variant of RoF considering the pace of the episodes, but I'm less worried about the story and more worried about them fixing/improving gameplay and such.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:27 pm

So I finally got Unlock Potential yesterday after grinding from 89 to 93 all week. :D :D :D The EXP boost helped a lot too which is a plus. Now I just need to find Pan, complete her training and then do clean up on the last skills and I'll finally have 1000G on this game,

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:34 am

I just leveled my second character to lvl 99. Already had a lvl 99 male Saiyan. Now my female Saiyan is also lvl 99. The only things I have to do is to get all skills and equipment and a few more ultimate finishes. Then I'm finally done.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Currently doing a Freeza Clan CaC. I wanted an evil looking character and Freeza's Race was a good choice for that role.