Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
-
Eclipse
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 957
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:40 pm
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post
by Eclipse » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:17 pm
Toei has released the box art for the latest Dragon Box singles, which are gonna be released January 10, 2007 =)
Unfortunately, I couldn't get these images bigger...so they'll have to do until someone finds a larger image.


Enjoy =)
-
Chuquita
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 15306
- Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
- Location: Somewhere
Post
by Chuquita » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:23 pm
Well, 43 reminds me of the Movie 12 cover/poster. 44 makes a good use of filling up the yellow space, and 45's kind of at an odd angle but I like it.
On hiatus.
-
Last Son of Krypton
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:18 pm
- Location: South Carolina
Post
by Last Son of Krypton » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:25 pm
I like the cover to #43.
[b]Superman to Darkseid after the apparent destruction of Imperiex in [i]Our Worlds At War[/i][/b]
[i]I think I found the true nature of existence. Something you'll never know. I almost feel sorry for you. How does it feel to be so...[b]insignificant?[/b][/i]
-
Tanooki Kuribo
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4563
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:23 am
- Location: Manhattan, New York
-
Contact:
Post
by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 pm
4 more to go. I suppose the next wave will be the last. They should so release the movies next. I'd like to see newly drawn cover art for the movies.
-
future_trunks
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 464
- Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:44 am
Post
by future_trunks » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:04 pm
Looks pretty cool. Thanks for the pics eclipse

Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?
-
fps_anth
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:47 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post
by fps_anth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:24 pm
-
ect5150
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:17 pm
- Location: Tenkaichi Tournament Grounds
Post
by ect5150 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:47 pm
By my calculations, 291 divided by 6 gives 48.5 discs. Any idea if they are going to release the TV specials on the last half of the last disc, or release them separately? Just asking.
-
fps_anth
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:47 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post
by fps_anth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:12 pm
ect5150 wrote:By my calculations, 291 divided by 6 gives 48.5 discs. Any idea if they are going to release the TV specials on the last half of the last disc, or release them separately? Just asking.
I was thinking that ever since they announced these...what the hell are they going to do? Releasing the TV Specials sounds most logical, but maybe they'll cram all of the Dragon Box extras/trailers on it? Or, they could just release the remaining episodes with NO extras, kinda like the last disc on the Movies Dragon Box...

-
denitonis
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:11 pm
- Location: Fryslân
-
Contact:
Post
by denitonis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:30 pm
There will be 49 discs somewhere in the Cell saga you have 3 discs which only contain 5 episodes.
Edit:
On the Kanzentai website you can see that discs 23, 24 and 25 have 5 episodes on them just like the Dragonbox discs.
http://www.kanzentai.com/guide/dvd/jpn/ ... 21-30.html
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.
Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.
-
fps_anth
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:47 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post
by fps_anth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 pm
denitonis wrote:There will be 49 discs somewhere in the Cell saga you have 3 discs which only contain 5 episodes.
Edit:
On the Kanzentai website you can see that discs 23, 24 and 25 have 5 episodes on them just like the Dragonbox discs.
http://www.kanzentai.com/guide/dvd/jpn/ ... 21-30.html
Well, that shut me up.

.
While we're on the topic of "amount of stuff on discs", I'd assume that when Toei releases DB/GT/Movies on these R2 discs, they'll be true to their Dragon Box discs? (as in the same episodes found per disc will be the same as the Dragon Box) Now that I think about it, should it happen that way, the rest of the series should be released fairly quickly.

-
SatoSky
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 876
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Post
by SatoSky » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 pm
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:They should so release the movies next. I'd like to see newly drawn cover art for the movies.
I hope that they don't release the movies next. I'm starting a good job soon and will actually be able to afford these discs on a monthly basis. So I'm hoping that they release the original Dragon Ball once they finish DBZ. On another note, if they release the movies as singles, would it be possible for Toei to do a 4:3 release? Now that would be great.

-
denitonis
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:11 pm
- Location: Fryslân
-
Contact:
Post
by denitonis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 pm
fps_anth wrote:While we're on the topic of "amount of stuff on discs", I'd assume that when Toei releases DB/GT/Movies on these R2 discs, they'll be true to their Dragon Box discs? (as in the same episodes found per disc will be the same as the Dragon Box) Now that I think about it, should it happen that way, the rest of the series should be released fairly quickly.

As far as I know the disc have the same episodes, the only difference is that the menu doesn't seem to be animated like in the Dragonboxes and looks slightly different (there should be pictures from the first disc somewhere on this forum).
Volumes 1 and 2 of the Dragonboxes each have their own menu but I don't know if the menu between the single releases have any difference between them.
If they decide to also release Dragon Ball on singles with the same episode consistency they'd have to release 26 discs with the last disc containing the last 3 episodes, so maybe they will throw in the 2 educational episodes with the last disc like on the original Dragonbox disc.
GT would have 11 discs with the last 2 discs containing 5 episodes.
And the Movies would be odd since they have the 10th Anniversary movie on a single disc, while all others have 2 or 3 movies on them.
That only leaves the Specials each on their own disc with the Dragonboxes which would be another 4 discs.
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.
Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.
-
DBW
- Regular
- Posts: 726
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:23 pm
Post
by DBW » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:58 pm
denitonis wrote:If they decide to also release Dragon Ball on singles with the same episode consistency they'd have to release 26 discs with the last disc containing the last 3 episodes, so maybe they will throw in the 2 educational episodes with the last disc like on the original Dragonbox disc.
Hopefully, but knowing Toei they might release discs 24, 25 and 26 with only 5 episodes each. It would really suck, but I could definately see it happening.
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com
-
DaemonCorps
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:38 pm
Post
by DaemonCorps » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:19 am
Chuquita wrote:Well, 43 reminds me of the Movie 12 cover/poster. 44 makes a good use of filling up the yellow space, and 45's kind of at an odd angle but I like it.
Geez, you took the words outta my mouth. Hmm... what else can I say..? I like 44 best. It reminds me that Boo looks better
with a chin

.
-
Duo
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3222
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by Duo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:26 am
This batch looks great! Every image has a Manga counterpart, too.
-
Snail
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1989
- Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:38 pm
- Location: Canada
Post
by Snail » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:30 am
Of which all of them should, imo.
-
ect5150
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:17 pm
- Location: Tenkaichi Tournament Grounds
Post
by ect5150 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am
denitonis wrote:There will be 49 discs somewhere in the Cell saga you have 3 discs which only contain 5 episodes.
Edit:
On the Kanzentai website you can see that discs 23, 24 and 25 have 5 episodes on them just like the Dragonbox discs.
http://www.kanzentai.com/guide/dvd/jpn/ ... 21-30.html
Thanks for the info. So, anyone have any ideas on how the TV specials will be released singularly? (if at all?)
-
Kamedak
- Newbie
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:25 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Kamedak » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:16 pm
Nice box art! I prefer the second two, the first looks a little.... I dunno, I just prefer the second two >< I have some of the HKs but I need to pick some of these up!
[b]Favorite Anime:[/b] Dragonball/Z/GT, Hajime no Ippo, Pocket Monsters, Gambare Goemon, The Big O, Doremon, One Piece
-----
[b]Currently Playing:[/b] Twilight Princess(Wii), DBZ: BT2(Wii), Elebits (Wii), Mario vs. DK2(DS), Castlevania: POR(DS)
[b]Currently Anticipating:[/b] Mario Galaxy (Wii), Blue Dragon (XC), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)
-
Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 286
- Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:57 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, California
-
Contact:
Post
by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Kamedak wrote:Nice box art! I prefer the second two, the first looks a little.... I dunno, I just prefer the second two >< I have some of the HKs but I need to pick some of these up!
Which HKs? The bootlegs, or the official releases?
-
b_boult
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 198
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:39 pm
- Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Post
by b_boult » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:10 am