Xenoverse 2 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Xenoverse 2 Wishlist

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:27 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
It's so simple, fan service. It doesn't have to make sense but only to please fans.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Give us another original villain again. No Demigra since he is old news now and I don't want any more rehashes.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Give us another original villain again. No Demigra since he is old news now and I don't want any more rehashes.
Why would Demigra come back? He's dead.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:It's so simple, fan service. It doesn't have to make sense but only to please fans.
Actually it more has to do with fairness and balancing. Kaioken was a completely useless ability and Potential Unleashed only held the greatest benefit to Earthlings since they could sustain it indefinitely. Since no one else has a ki recovery rate significant enough to help with it and attacks still drain ki when using supers and ultimates, anyone who isn't an Earthling will lose the form and be defenseless rather quickly. Ultimately I found my non-Earthing alts did far better without PU or KK.

Thing is, we know Frost Demons can transform. We know Namekians can merge to become Super Namekians. And we know a Majin can absorb things to transform and become stronger. Look at the Budokai games. When as Piccolo, after unlocking story aspects, Piccolo could "transform" with first Nail Merge and then Fusion with Kami. He had upgraded forms as opposed to just different move sets or a single moveset.

I don't imagine playing a Majin will have you eating people. I like more the idea of just them tapping the same dark well of mystic power that Kid Buu was drawing on and using that for their "transformation". It doesn't need a physical change besides, maybe, a dark aura and glowing red eyes.
Shinnin wrote:Why would Demigra come back? He's dead.
Considering Freeza came back, it wouldn't be surprising. Thing is, they could bring Demigra back and make it into something epic. Think about it. He was destroyed in the Crack of Time, which is partially connected to all points in history across the whole of time and space. Far as we know, Demigra did not end up in Otherworld or Hell when he died. And the DLC has his magic going haywire and affecting other, completely separate continuities. You could easily say that his magic and the essence of his soul had been shattered and scattered across the whole of time and space, and that these Fragments of the Demon God could corrupt or possess others, perhaps even unconsciously seek to return themselves to a singular body.

Or these fragments, trapped in some manner, may be found by Towa and her Time Breakers. And maybe she uses the remnants of Demigra's power and soul in order to make Mira and her minions even stronger and causing greater distortions in history. There is so much potential for this kind of story line. We don't always need a new villain when we still have great ones that could be expanded upon in new and interesting ways.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Zenkashuu wrote:It's so simple, fan service. It doesn't have to make sense but only to please fans.
Actually it more has to do with fairness and balancing. Kaioken was a completely useless ability and Potential Unleashed only held the greatest benefit to Earthlings since they could sustain it indefinitely. Since no one else has a ki recovery rate significant enough to help with it and attacks still drain ki when using supers and ultimates, anyone who isn't an Earthling will lose the form and be defenseless rather quickly. Ultimately I found my non-Earthing alts did far better without PU or KK.

Thing is, we know Frost Demons can transform. We know Namekians can merge to become Super Namekians. And we know a Majin can absorb things to transform and become stronger. Look at the Budokai games. When as Piccolo, after unlocking story aspects, Piccolo could "transform" with first Nail Merge and then Fusion with Kami. He had upgraded forms as opposed to just different move sets or a single moveset.

I don't imagine playing a Majin will have you eating people. I like more the idea of just them tapping the same dark well of mystic power that Kid Buu was drawing on and using that for their "transformation". It doesn't need a physical change besides, maybe, a dark aura and glowing red eyes.
Kaio-Ken was NOT useless. It just wasn't something you can slap on a CaC and expect to use to its full potential. As for Earthlings and Unlock Potential, if Dimps has been paying attention than in XV2 Earthlings will get nerfed. Their auto-regen is too broken to keep the same in the sequel and they have too good of a stat distribution. Besides, maintaining Unlock Potential isn't that hard for any race to do since it refills your ki like normal. Earthlings just make using the skill completely broken. Either way, it's not something that should be restricted to Earthlings since that goes against the entire concept of the power up.

Again, the "transformations" could only apply to King Cold and Freeza because they were mutants due to their incredible power level. For all we know, the rest of the race don't need such transformations even the CaC. As for Namekians becoming a "Super Namek" I don't think simply merging with another Namekian makes you a "Super" one. King Piccolo and Kami were considered a Super Namek before they split so Piccolo was a Super Namek to begin with. For all we know, our CaC is already a Super Namek and simply gets even stronger with Unlock Potential (which, again, isn't hard to maintain). As for the Majins the ability to absorb other beings was probably lost due to their power waning over time. For all we know, eating/absorbing another person as a cookie or piece of candy would have no impact on the Majin's power in question. Besides, doing such an act is probably not something a good Majin will do.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:49 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote: *snippet*
Unless you were an Earthling, Kaioken was useless. And once you had Potential Unleashed, kaioken became more useless.

And by your logic, only Goku and Vegeta's families can become Super Saiyans because they're the only ones "Special" enough by virtue of being canon to possess those transformations. So let's just strip all SSJ forms from the next game and stick just to PU to blanket everyone. But oh wait, if you take away the one thing that differentiates Saiyans from Earthlings, there's no reason to have Saiyans is there? Welp, better drop them from the next game since the Player and people purchasing the game aren't special enough to become Super Saiyans.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Zelvin wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: *snippet*
Unless you were an Earthling, Kaioken was useless. And once you had Potential Unleashed, kaioken became more useless.

And by your logic, only Goku and Vegeta's families can become Super Saiyans because they're the only ones "Special" enough by virtue of being canon to possess those transformations. So let's just strip all SSJ forms from the next game and stick just to PU to blanket everyone. But oh wait, if you take away the one thing that differentiates Saiyans from Earthlings, there's no reason to have Saiyans is there? Welp, better drop them from the next game since the Player and people purchasing the game aren't special enough to become Super Saiyans.
*facepalm* Did you even bother trying out the other classes before coming up with that conclusion, because it sounds like you haven't.

And no that's not how my logic went. Any Saiyan can become a Super Saiyan. It's a racial ability that simply has hefty requirements, but if a Saiyan meets those requirements than they can achieve SSJ. Super Namek is more of a title than an actual form that is given to Namekians that possess incredible power. So yeah it's not about being "special" it's about looking at every race as a whole.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:31 am

Also don't have drops tie to RNG make it something like "Beat Vegtea with a Spirt bomb and you will get the Garlic gun"
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:07 pm

You know what else I want? Better AI for your CPU teammates so they can actually help instead of being horrible meat shields.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Super will likely be a big focus in XV2. I can see Bluma's boat being a stage in XV2. I also going to bet that Champa will one of the first characters announced for XV2.
She/Her

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Super will likely be a big focus in XV2. I can see Bluma's boat being a stage in XV2. I also going to bet that Champa will one of the first characters announced for XV2.
Well it will probably depend on how far into Super we actually get to before Dimps (if they're the ones making the sequel) and Bandai consider using the content from Super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:28 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Super will likely be a big focus in XV2. I can see Bluma's boat being a stage in XV2. I also going to bet that Champa will one of the first characters announced for XV2.
Well it will probably depend on how far into Super we actually get to before Dimps (if they're the ones making the sequel) and Bandai consider using the content from Super.
Well, Toriyama has already come up with a basic outline for the plot of the Universe 6 arc and is still designing characters for that arc, and I'm guessing that Xenoverse will come out either late 2016 at the earliest or early the 2017 at the latest, and by that that the Universe 6 arc will have either be deep into story or will have ended and Super will be well underway in a new arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm

By early 2017, they would be pretty far into Super. So I think they will have enough story to work with in XV2. I can't see them not doing Super for XV2 when it's a brand new show.
She/Her

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xYAKBPO28

I will like to see the ability to edit clothing attributes.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I can't see them not doing Super for XV2 when it's a brand new show.
We have yet to see the "brand new show" though.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xYAKBPO28

How about no clothing stats period? That way you can dress your character however you want.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xYAKBPO28

How about no clothing stats period? That way you can dress your character however you want.
While were at it, how bout the races dont start with different stats. No more male Saiyans having highest base attack or Namekians having the highest health. Each race is a clean slate at the start and their stats are how you decide them to be. Give each race a single unique trait sure like we have now but the different starting stats needs to go.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

mario0102

Post by mario0102 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Original Dragon Ball Story, why do no games ever use that? It is a better story and there are plenty of fights for missions. I guess I'm just really salty that there wasn't any Dragon Ball DLC, but there was GT dlc.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 pm

mario0102 wrote:Original Dragon Ball Story, why do no games ever use that? It is a better story and there are plenty of fights for missions. I guess I'm just really salty that there wasn't any Dragon Ball DLC, but there was GT dlc.
This actually was an original story. The game was basically one big "what-if" As for the original Dragonball, an NPC Time Patroller was taking care of that era already so...yeah.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm

I still can't see them skipping Super for XV2 when it will be airing or done airing by the time when XV2 comes out.
She/Her