Daizenshuu EX DB wiki...again

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Just ended a lengthy lurking to add my two cents. As far as the name goes, My suggestion would be something like Kanzenshuu, a portmanteau of Kanzentai/Kanzenban and Daizenshuu/DaizEX, but also has the added bonus of meaning something like perfect gathering. A perfect gathering of DragonBall information. Fitting yes, but there are concerns about titles like this being inaccessible to the mainstream DragonBall fan. That may be true, but I wouldn't write it off just yet. I think the target audience for this wiki would be people who want to know what these words mean. Will naming it something unfamiliar to the average DB fan make it harder to find? Well, the success of this site may be some indication.

Keep in mind, there will be a lot of users who will browse the site and say "Kuririn?? Gyu-mao?? What is this bullshit?" and then storm off to the nearest Dragon Ball Wikia. :lol: I guess my point is, cater to the fans who want to learn. And learning about DragonBall involves learning a little Japanese too.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:45 pm

We've already discussed that possible name, Kanzenshuu is unappealing and the common Dragon Ball fan won't get it. I'd still recommend, and yes, I rushed making this....

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:31 pm

That is extremely cool! Do you mind sticking a horizontally parrallel, vertically matching (or maybe a tad bit taller) Dragon Rader to the right of the text? Something sort of like this...

Code: Select all

____
DRAGON|    |
RADAR |    |
      ------
Or something like that, anyway. :)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:09 pm

A flash/gif of the words "DRAGON RADAR" popping up like "DRAGON BALL" does in the beginning of Makafushigi Adventure would be the pinnacle of awesome.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Tweaker wrote:That is extremely cool! Do you mind sticking a horizontally parrallel, vertically matching (or maybe a tad bit taller) Dragon Rader to the right of the text? Something sort of like this...

Code: Select all

____
DRAGON|    |
RADAR |    |
      ------
Or something like that, anyway. :)
I think we have a name and logo, it looks pretty cool.
VegettoEX wrote:I'm thinking the same thing as I'm bashing my head up against the wall.

I'll get right on that... soon enough...
Yeah, I think that would be for the best

This vandalism has been up for a while now, and it was actually done by member :lol:
Last edited by Rod on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 pm

gallagtor wrote: Keep in mind, there will be a lot of users who will browse the site and say "Kuririn?? Gyu-mao?? What is this bullshit?" and then storm off to the nearest Dragon Ball Wikia.
There's also users who will browse the Dragon Ball Wikia and say "Kogu? Fasha? What is this bullshit?", without having a place to storm off to. We need to create a shelter for them.
:)

(PS, Mike, you need to add "Kogu" to the word filter)
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 am

I love how under "Fasha"'s alternate names, Selypa and its other spellings are all listed under "Korn", the name for her beta version that was never actually used in anything.

Who's Kogu?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 am

The dub name for Gokua.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:38 am

Rod wrote:This vandalism has been up for a while now, and it was actually done by member :lol:
WHAT?! How the hell is it Implied that Celypa was raped?!?!?

Well at least that was changed back.

What if he wasn't vandalising? What if he was just SPECULATING, which is all they seem to do?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:21 am

Adamant wrote:(PS, Mike, you need to add "Kogu" to the word filter)
Mike actually likes the name change. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Made another rough possible logo. :3

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 pm

That is... awesome! It pretty well combines both points that need to be gotten across for he wiki. Anyone who has ever been Wikipedia should associate that puzzle sphere with a wiki, and it is pretty obviously a Dragonball. Although, in a final draft, the color of the stars and the sphere itself are too similar; it took me a second to see them.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 pm

In love with the Dragon Ball wiki globe icon thingie awesomeness.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Freeza Heika wrote:That is... awesome! It pretty well combines both points that need to be gotten across for he wiki. Anyone who has ever been Wikipedia should associate that puzzle sphere with a wiki, and it is pretty obviously a Dragonball. Although, in a final draft, the color of the stars and the sphere itself are too similar; it took me a second to see them.
Hopefully I'll be able to draw the entire thing on my own, make it more cartoon-y and use the glassy look of the dragon balls, maybe.

I should definitely outline the stars a bit more...

And thanks, guys. :D

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Make the logo more glassy and transparent with 3D stars in the middle. Like the Dragon Balls in "Path to Power."

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:22 pm

And make the orange lighter... Kinda like the orange on a Skittle or a Tic-Tac...
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Maybe you could use the Dragon Radar text along with that image in the way I described earlier? That could look pretty cool. :)

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Like.... THIIIIIIIIS?

Last edited by The Time Traveller on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Like.... THIIIIIIIIS?
That is awesome :shock: I love the glassy look of the sphere

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 pm

That looks perfect.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.