*looking at location*Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Somehow, I'm not bothered by that. I wonder why?Goku100xKamehameha wrote:How about Jheese with that Australian accent?
Yeah! I have no idea too!
*looking at location*Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Somehow, I'm not bothered by that. I wonder why?Goku100xKamehameha wrote:How about Jheese with that Australian accent?
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:I prefer Jheese have an Brooklyn accent like in the Japanese version
You read wrong. Here's what he sounds like in the Japanese version.Goku100xKamehameha wrote:I think I read somewhere that Brooklyn accent!
If you already know how it sounded, why the hell did you say he had a Brooklyn accent?Goku100xKamehameha wrote:It's not me who's wrong! it's the provider of the information who's wrong! you I think never heard Jheese before? I already heard it million times!
Maybe he doesn't know what a Brooklyn accent sounds like.dragonpiece wrote:If you already know how it sounded, why the hell did you say he had a Brooklyn accent?Goku100xKamehameha wrote:It's not me who's wrong! it's the provider of the information who's wrong! you I think never heard Jheese before? I already heard it million times!
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.
Beat me to it. I was about to ask the same thing!penguintruth wrote:How does one do a Brooklyn accent in Japanese?
I guess it might exist, but I wouldn't notice.
I've never heard of a Brooklyn accent in Japanese, but I figure it would be similar to doing a Japanese accent while speaking English.Metalwario64 wrote:Beat me to it. I was about to ask the same thing!penguintruth wrote:How does one do a Brooklyn accent in Japanese?
I guess it might exist, but I wouldn't notice.
And again, this kind of argument is just bullshit that gets pulled out when you HAVE no argument. If this were true I'd be complaining about the FUNi cast as a whole, and clamoring to have Ocean back. Ocean was first, it was Ocean I watched for two seasons. Over. And over. And over. And over. Because I never missed a single re-run episode.ohaimynameiserik wrote:I'm making an assumption based off the fact that you haven't given a single reason why Clinkenbeard's is so bad or why Nadolny's is so good.
All you've said is basically "I like the old one better". And about 90% of the time, people who are into the "old" stuff, usually just don't like change and are going to hate on the new stuff simply due to the fact that it's different. It won't matter how much absolutely better Nadolny's replacement is, they're always going to say they want some "O.G. NADOLNY".
And I call "Anti-Nostalgia Bullshit" on you. You like it because it's not Nadolny. The fact you disliked Nadolny's voice so much, and the fact it's so different than hers, is the only reason you like it.MR.Mark wrote:I don't need to think it, I know good acting and age appropriate voices when I hear them. Your just a vocal minority that is doing a terrible job trying to back up why you think Naldony is better. I call Nostalgia Bullshit on you good sir.jjgp1112 wrote: Well, um, I'm glad you think that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
I'm still pulling for Schemmel as Ginyu. It's the role he wanted in the first place, and I can see it being pretty awesome in the end. It'd also make the whole voice swapping during the body swapping less stupid sounding.Metalwario64 wrote:I vouch for this as well guys. I'm not trying to mod, but I want to see this thread go somewhere positive!
Anyway, it seems the only known Ginyu Force recasts are for Burter and Guldo. I don't know why Guldo is being recast, as he was one of the members who weren't Sabat. I hope Jeice and Recoome are also going to be recast, and since Armstrong as retired, it's only logical that Ginyu will be recast as well, and we know it's not going to be Hebert, unfortunately breaking the chain of having Kamina be the voice of Ginyu...
Eh, new Zarbon's ok, but he's just not... 'smooth' enough. He doesn't have that little flare that Sabat managed. The "I'm awesome and I know it" voice. It's close, but not quite there.MR.Mark wrote:I appreciate the topic at hand.
Anyway, While I have no doubt Sabat with his current acting talent could pull off a better Recoome. I say recast for just the simple point of keeping variety amongst the voices. Hearing a new great non-Sabat Zarbon alone has been most refreshing.
Innagadadavida wrote:Are we talking Brooklyn Japanese to Japanese or Brooklyn English to Japanese? As in, a native Japanese speaker from Brooklyn, or a native English speaker from Brooklyn speaking Japanese? Is there really that much of a difference? I can't tell if somebody is from the south or north of Japan based on their accent in English. Although, I never tried.
This is fucking stupid. It's another useless, stupid, pointless post by Goku100xKamehameha. Why are we talking about this?
I very much agree with this. I like FUNi's cast (a great majority of it anyway, minus many of Sabat's extraneous roles) not out of nostalgia, but I genuinly think they are good, because if my "dub preference" was based entirely off of nostalgia, it would be the Ocean cast I'd clamor for, considering I sat through countless Ocean dub reruns to the point that I didn't even care about the cast change, and even welcomed it if it meant continuing the story, I just wanted to finally get some "new" episodes!Xyex wrote: And again, this kind of argument is just bullshit that gets pulled out when you HAVE no argument. If this were true I'd be complaining about the FUNi cast as a whole, and clamoring to have Ocean back. Ocean was first, it was Ocean I watched for two seasons. Over. And over. And over. And over. Because I never missed a single re-run episode.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.
Sounds a lot like Doc Morgan. Might very well be, actually.Puto wrote:Kai dub Great Elder voice is here.
Yay, Sabat's given up another role!Puto wrote:Kai dub Great Elder voice is here.
I know how Brooklyn accent sounds like.Kendamu wrote:Maybe he doesn't know what a Brooklyn accent sounds like.dragonpiece wrote:If you already know how it sounded, why the hell did you say he had a Brooklyn accent?Goku100xKamehameha wrote:It's not me who's wrong! it's the provider of the information who's wrong! you I think never heard Jheese before? I already heard it million times!
Compared to Young's acting, Chris Ayres' is phenomenal.Xyex wrote:Hell, I see about the same thing with the new Freeza. It's more stylistically similar to the JP version, so the fact that the actual ACTING is horrible is being completely overlooked.