Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Lol @ the fact that they label the extended version the "uncut" one. Is that still so inbred in their reputation that they can use it to their advantage in marketing? Also, Marc, would you mind saying if that's an animated background?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]
- ShadowDude112
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
One can only hope. Also, I really, really like that menu design for some reason. Is it static like that, or animated? I ask because that kind of reminds me of one of the zoom shots from the film proper.ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
Also, if anyone hasn't ordered it yet but want to do so directly from FUNimation's store, I just got an e-mail update about an offer they're doing.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
That sort of thing rarely has anything to do with the other. Some things I've received weeks early, some things after it's already in stores.ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
At least once I not only walked into a store and got a disk before a screener came out (not a Funi one), but before the same disk came out in Japan.
You don't buy many movies do you? That's relatively standard terminology (frankly, more and more it's 'uncut extended' or some such thing.)bkev wrote:Lol @ the fact that they label the extended version the "uncut" one. Is that still so inbred in their reputation that they can use it to their advantage in marketing?
It's animatedAlso, Marc, would you mind saying if that's an animated background?
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Can somebody tell me what Android 18's Line was in the Dub?
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I guess they don't send out to Europe?Gyt Kaliba wrote:One can only hope. Also, I really, really like that menu design for some reason. Is it static like that, or animated? I ask because that kind of reminds me of one of the zoom shots from the film proper.ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
Also, if anyone hasn't ordered it yet but want to do so directly from FUNimation's store, I just got an e-mail update about an offer they're doing.
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Honestly, I'm not really sure - I've never ordered directly from the FUNimation site before, nor have any of my friends in or out of the US that I'm aware of.sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
Looks like FUNi has put out another extended interview with Jason Douglas too. I'm betting this is something that's going to be on the home release though.
EDIT: And now Part 2 of the Douglas interview.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
http://www.funimation.com/forum/faq.php ... aq_shop_11sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
According to their FAQ, they don't. They ship to customers in the United States and Canada only.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
That stinks.Shnuki wrote:http://www.funimation.com/forum/faq.php ... aq_shop_11sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
According to their FAQ, they don't. They ship to customers in the United States and Canada only.
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Couldn't they have made the menu even more simplistic looking?MarcFBR wrote:I finally have proper screenshots for menus, woo (well, mostly proper anyways.)
http://i.cubeupload.com/MqD7Yv.png
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Wait...seriously? That's it? That's pathetic. And in usually one to defend Funimation, but that's just bad.dbboxkaifan wrote:Couldn't they have made the menu even more simplistic looking?MarcFBR wrote:I finally have proper screenshots for menus, woo (well, mostly proper anyways.)
http://i.cubeupload.com/MqD7Yv.png
- El Diabeetus
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
- Location: Ohio
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Is it worth complaining about it though? It could be more to the point, but, eh.
Marc, if you can answer it, other than interviews are there other extras?
Marc, if you can answer it, other than interviews are there other extras?
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Meh. Menu is fine to me. It's simple. It's animated. It does its job.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It's animated? Well that's not as bad then. I'm not really complaining and is no way influencing my decision no buy this, just thought they could better
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It looks like they reused the Season Blu-rays menu and used it for the BoG instead of making one similar to the original Japanese BoG. This is just lazy and an uninteresting menu compared to the Japanese BoG.
I hope Manga UK comes up with a better one that this.
I hope Manga UK comes up with a better one that this.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?
If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png
And since someone asked, here are the extras
"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.
And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png
Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.
If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png
And since someone asked, here are the extras
"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.
And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png
Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Can you tell me any of Android 18 lines?MarcFBR wrote:You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?
If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png
And since someone asked, here are the extras
"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.
And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png
Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I've been busy the last few days. Thus far I've seen... the menu.Godgoku95 wrote:Can you tell me any of Android 18 lines?
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled" -- only FUNi's voices, or also the japanese?
MarcFBR wrote:You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?
If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png
And since someone asked, here are the extras
"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.
And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png
Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.






