Podcast Episode 200 Celebration / Party / Something?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:22 pm

If you ever decide to take a trip on the west coast, consider me there to pester you! Should the SD Comic-Con ever grab your interest, that is. Unfortunately NJ is just too far away - I'd love to go if I could though.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:I want to go! ...But I live in Washington...... Maybe there should be a get together in the Northwest. Though, it wouldn't be near as cool as a super special awesome podcast get together... :(

I hope there'll be a video of the get together, at least. 'Cause I want to see it if I can't be there.
Yeah, I too live in the Northwest, and would love a little get-together, with whoever. So my interest level gauge in this 200th episode celebration is about at 100%, but sadly my interest alone will not get me across the country...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah, I'm up in WA, so I couldn't hit this up, sadly. I hope it's fun whoever goes, though.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 pm

For the 200th podcast, have some sort of listener submission thing. Like get as many listeners as possible to send in an audio clip of them saying part of the intro or something like that. There would be something fun that everybody can participate in... provided they have a mic of course.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

If I was older and lived near New Jersey, I would consider it. Unfortunately, New Mexico is not even close to New Jersey.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm not from US, still I should drink to oblivion with my friends over here then.....

Happy adversary!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think my parents would be okay with me (being 17 and all) going across the border to hang out with a bunch of people I met on a DB fan site :P.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:26 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Happy adversary!
Your a kind person! :D
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm not sure if that is an honest mistake or something so clever that I've yet to get it. In case of the former, the word is "anniversary".
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 am

Hey, I have an idea. Let's all meet in New Zealand. It's summer there.
Herms wrote:
Meri wrote:EDIT: Mike, I'm lazy. Give me a cool avatar!
A nice Gurd avatar!
Image?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 am

Hooray for foreigners!
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:09 am

Bussani wrote:Hey, I have an idea. Let's all meet in New Zealand. It's summer there.
Herms wrote:
Meri wrote:EDIT: Mike, I'm lazy. Give me a cool avatar!
A nice Gurd avatar!
Image?
Oh my god how cute! If nobody is going to take this I will.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:07 am

Freeza Heika wrote:
I'm not sure if that is an honest mistake or something so clever that I've yet to get it. In case of the former, the word is "anniversary".
Oh, my mistake :D That's the result of my nightlife and I should be ashamed of this.....

But it sounds funny, imagine someone to say: I'm your happy adversary.
That's similar to, I'm your friendly neighbor spider-man.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

MCDaveG wrote:
Freeza Heika wrote:
Oh, my mistake :D That's the result of my nightlife and I should be ashamed of this.....

But it sounds funny, imagine someone to say: I'm your happy adversary.
That's similar to, I'm your friendly neighbor spider-man.
Not quite, really... you know, since Spider-Man is a good guy. I'd equate it more to the Joker or someone like that. >_>

As for this get-together, I'd love to attend... but, being 1,300 miles away and without a car (and not enough money to gas it anyway), that would be a little hard for me. Not to mention that at that date, I'm probably going to be scrambling to finish final projects and prepare for stupidly-point-heavy exams... fffff-

On another note, doing a live feed or chat or whatever for those of us not in the area, while pretty cool if it were to be included, would probably still feel a bit impersonal. Or at least, it seems like such to me. I mean, considering this is supposed to be a physical get-together... I dunno. The recording of clips for the podcast itself sounds good, though.
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:30 pm

I'd go, but I'd need exact specifications on what sort of timetable we're looking at here. I could reserve the day in question, assuming that this isn't like literally around the corner.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 am

I'd love to go!

Except I live in VA, and there's no way I'll ever convince my parents to drive me up to a party hosted by a guy they don't even know. And I'm not 21, either, so there's that.

I do like the live feed idea though. But how would that work?

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 pm

...Dang, I'm only 13. This would have been epic to go to - You could have even put up another "DBZ You've Never Seen" act, too... I wish I could go! Wait... I think you said we could... Maybe if I bring my non-DB fan father and it was at a restaurant and not a bar.

I've got another idea: A goody bag filled with FUNimation's Dragon Box, Kai Volume 1, a couple of Dragon Box movie singles, the recent video games... OK, now I'm pushing it... unless we invite a rep from Toei and FUNi to come. Herms, Julian, can you get to Toei's studios or call them...? :)
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:54 pm

I'd definitely find a way to make it if I got a goody bag like that! :shock:
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:00 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I've got another idea: A goody bag filled with FUNimation's Dragon Box, Kai Volume 1, a couple of Dragon Box movie singles, the recent video games... OK, now I'm pushing it... unless we invite a rep from Toei and FUNi to come. Herms, Julian, can you get to Toei's studios or call them...? :)
linkdude20002001 wrote:I'd definitely find a way to make it if I got a goody bag like that! :shock:
That would cost a lot of money.

Then again, if they were able to afford all of the Japanese Dragon Boxes, then surely they could afford that.... :wink:

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:Herms, Julian, can you get to Toei's studios or call them...? :)
Well, Herms isn't in Japan anymore, so that might a long walk for him.
Shiyonasan wrote:Then again, if they were able to afford all of the Japanese Dragon Boxes, then surely they could afford that.... :wink:
Who exactly is this "they" you're referring to? Because Mike only owns one of the five Japanese Dragon Boxes... So, I don't think he's gonna hand out door prizes he doesn't even own himself. He'd keep 'em!

Anyway, Mike, after looking at my schedule, I think I should be able to swing a trip up to Jersey for the weekend. That weekend falls right before my dead week, so it should work out. I'll know more definitively in a week or so, and I'll start checking out some flights. I'm looking forward to it! Oh, and yes, I'm over 21... and apparently twice the age of some of the other forum members. Now that's scary! Happy Halloween everybody!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::