How do you feel about Kai's soundtrack?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How do you feel about Kai's soundtrack?

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 am

Kendamu wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Blue wrote: There was originally composed music for the Saiyajin saga. More then a few for sure.
As I said, the music sounded very much like it did in Dragon Ball and also got really repetitive for me.
It might have something to do with the fact that actual music from Dragonball (not Z) was used as far as the Freeza arc.
Yeah I think that's it, since I haven't seen the Android or Cell sagas in Japanese.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

That would be a big part of it, then! The entire Artificial Human arc gets some new tunes (but not a completely new set) and the Boo arc, as you probably know, has a mostly new set of tunes (if not completely new).

Because of that trend, I never really expected to be hearing a lot of new music when it switched from the Saiyan arc to the Freeza arc in Kai and I don't see why anyone else would, either. As much as everyone complains, it's only around 54 episodes. Dragonball Z was using the same music for about 100-ish episodes, then they put in a few new tracks for the next 100-ish, and then finally gave it an overhaul for the final 90-ish episodes and I don't really hear much in the way of complaints.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 pm

I personally love the kai soundtrack. Its fresh and in my opinion is a great sound for the "refreshed" version of Z and of course more importantly ends the whole Falcouner vs Original Japanese music debate.
FOREVER FORNEVER

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 am

I love Kai's soundtrack.

Slightly moreso than the original.

Z's music was just as repetitive in my book.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

During the Android saga, they use a completely new set of music almost, and then proceed to use certain new pieces a bajillion times.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:30 pm

So today I was actually wondering about Yamamoto's score. Since he's been around the block composing music for the various video games, I'm surprised that at least a few of those pieces wouldn't be redone and used for Kai. After all, a lot of Kikuchi's score premiered in various DB movies, so why not bolster his Kai score with some of his familiar pieces? Granted, this is just speculation on my part. I haven't played too many of the games, and, of the ones I have, I can't remember any music from it, but it did just hit me today and seemed like a no-brainer.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4