Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Rory » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:There were other skipped insert songs: Fly High in episode 46, and Kuchibue no Kimochi in episodes 107 and 108.
Right. I think it's safe to assume that since Kai isn't using Z's BGM, it won't use it's insert songs either.
Pretty much!
No offence, but you're have to be a bit dim to think it would do, what with the entire soundtrack being changed thus far (not that I wouldn't crap my pants if they kept it).

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:36 am

Sorry to go off topic a little, but is Spirit vs. Spirit on the Complete Song Collection? I haven't been able to find it in any listings or anything, but I'd think it would be on there somewhere. :?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Rory » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:41 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Sorry to go off topic a little, but is Spirit vs. Spirit on the Complete Song Collection? I haven't been able to find it in any listings or anything, but I'd think it would be on there somewhere. :?
Not on the BGM collection (if that's what you're referring to).
I think it's on the "Chouzenshuu", and it is definately on the (fantastic) Legend of Dragon World.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:56 am

Yeah, it's the Chouzenshuu that I've got.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Rory » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:15 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Yeah, it's the Chouzenshuu that I've got.
Get Legend of Dragon World anyway. :p
It's a totally solid and well priced collection of top-notch Dragon Ball Z music.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2613
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Marysville, Washington

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Do you not know what the "Chōzenshū", or Complete Song Collection Box, is? It's the 13 disk set of DBZ music. Every single song on the Legend of Dragon World CD set is on the Complete Song Collection Box, so there's absolutely no point in buying it.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm

They play "The Formidable Warrior, The Saiyan" again, like they do in every fight scene. :P

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Cowboy Dev » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Castor Troy wrote:They play "The Formidable Warrior, The Saiyan" again, like they do in every fight scene. :P
I hope not. :(
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

User avatar
Blue
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:06 pm

People act like DBZ didn't have about 2 main battle songs they'd reply over and over.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

User avatar
penguintruth
Banned
Posts: 4861
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by penguintruth » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:20 pm

About four or five. And they were all better than Kai's.

The question is, will there be a vocal piece at all?
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.


Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

User avatar
Blue
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:34 pm

penguintruth wrote:About four or five. And they were all better than Kai's.

The question is, will there be a vocal piece at all?
Kai has about the same and quality is subjective. HEY GABBA GABBA!
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

User avatar
jjgp1112
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7835
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Crooklyn

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Blue wrote:People act like DBZ didn't have about 2 main battle songs they'd reply over and over.
This x1000. During the Frieza and Saiyan sagas, I lost count of how many times they used the "Ginyu Force theme"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Cowboy Dev » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Blue wrote:People act like DBZ didn't have about 2 main battle songs they'd reply over and over.
This x1000. During the Freeza and Saiyan sagas, I lost count of how many times they used the "Ginyu Force theme"
Which was a very good piece (like the rest of the score) that I didn't mind hearing over and over. :D
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2613
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Marysville, Washington

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 am

I heard the same song from DBZ Movie One in almost every episode. and yet people complain about the overuse of Kai songs... :/
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Cowboy Dev » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:33 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:I heard the same song from DBZ Movie One in almost every episode. and yet people complain about the overuse of Kai songs... :/
Which song are you refereing to exactly?
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 am

Wait, you guys can tell the difference between pieces in Kikuchi's score. Wow.



But seriously, when you have a long-ass series like DBZ or DBKai, it's kind of hard not to overuse BGM.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2613
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Marysville, Washington

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:37 am

Cowboy Dev wrote:Which song are you refereing to exactly?
M801. Though, it sounds a lot like a few other songs from DBZ Movie One, so while "every episode" is an exaggeration, most people would hear the same song, even when it's not necessarily M801.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
El Diabeetus
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:
Cowboy Dev wrote:Which song are you refereing to exactly?
M801. Though, it sounds a lot like a few other songs from DBZ Movie One, so while "every episode" is an exaggeration, most people would hear the same song, even when it's not necessarily M801.
This one correct? I checked my ripped BGM collection on my PSP and it's the second snippet on a track with M810 and M823 along with it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a6dy25

It's 21 seconds and intentionally re-recorded with the microphone so it's a bit worse and way shorter than the actual CD. Plus, I can't edit WMA's.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2613
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Marysville, Washington

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:32 am

Yes, that would be the song. That song, along with similar sounding ones, are played at least once every episode from the beginning of the fight against Nappa onwards.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
El Diabeetus
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Chance that the Gohan SSJ2 Scene Will Spirit VS Spirit?

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:44 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:Yes, that would be the song. That song, along with similar sounding ones, are played at least once every episode from the beginning of the fight against Nappa onwards.
Yeah, that comparison is good. This was used a lot. That's not bad or anything. I love both tracks. The Kikuchi a bit more. But, there are certain tracks from both that in my opinion would work together.

Post Reply