Ominking tournament the final arc of Super???

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Ominking tournament the final arc of Super???

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:07 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Power scaling in Super makes no sense. Then there is the manga canon and the anime canon. Timeline problems can't be ignored. These all are problems Super has created.

- Travis
Power level is a subject that should already be dead when Freeza saga ended... You know, more than twenty years ago.

Think about them as "paths", choose one to follow; if you like the way Toyotaro does, go for it. If you like the way Toei does, go for it. Just don't try to "merge" them.

What timelines problems? You mean Trunks, Goten, and Marron's height in relation to their ages? If so, then you'll have a point. I agree this is such a nonsense by this point.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:51 am

I edited my post a little late sorry. I am mentioning again another problem of Super is it's rushed production.
Power level is a subject that should already be dead when Freeza saga ended... You know, more than twenty years ago.
It lacks consistency thats my issue.Atleast in the Cell and Boo arcs i could tell who was stronger than who in Super i have no clue.
Think about them as "paths", choose one to follow; if you like the way Toyotaro does, go for it. If you like the way Toei does, go for it. Just don't try to "merge" them.
A case which wasn't for the original series. Super is a sequel to the original series so two paths should never have been created.
What timelines problems? You mean Trunks, Goten, and Marron's height in relation to their ages? If so, then you'll have a point. I agree this is such a nonsense by this point.
Yeah thats what i meant.

- Travis

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Super will likely get at least 100 episodes. So we have quite a while yet before wondering if its ending

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:49 am

Grimlock wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Power scaling in Super makes no sense. Then there is the manga canon and the anime canon. Timeline problems can't be ignored. These all are problems Super has created.

- Travis

Goku was extremely small for a 12 year old when the series started. I don't find their height for their ages that odd based off that.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 am

I don't know if it will be the final arc or not, but if it turns out that every u7 member is a saiyan, I'm going to be salty as hell. I can already see it being Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, and Gotenks all super saiyan blue+ repping u7. That would be the worst. I need my non saiyan quota. It'd be even worse if Monaka was the 5th member and the rest were saiyans. I want it to be Piccolo but I'll take any non saiyan, non jobber at this point.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 am

Beyond wrote:I don't know if it will be the final arc or not, but if it turns out that every u7 member is a saiyan, I'm going to be salty as hell. I can already see it being Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, and Gotenks all super saiyan blue+ repping u7. That would be the worst. I need my non saiyan quota. It'd be even worse if Monaka was the 5th member and the rest were saiyans. I want it to be Piccolo but I'll take any non saiyan, non jobber at this point.
Dont worry about Piccolo he is in position three in certainity to be in the tournament.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Piccolo
4. Buu

After that it is anyone and fusion is not allowed so no Gotenks.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:09 am

As if they let Piccolo and Boo participate once more.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:21 am

Cetra wrote:As if they let Piccolo and Boo participate once more.
Maybe not Buu but Piccolo will as he proved himself and think what Toriyama would do.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:06 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Goku was extremely small for a 12 year old when the series started. I don't find their height for their ages that odd based off that.
I oftenly see this comparison with Goku, and how that is nonsense. Goku is a pure Saiyan, so he obeys any Saiyans characteristics. Trunks, on the other hand, isn't, and we see and know how a teenage Future Trunks looks like, so that "Saiyan keeping small body" characteristic doesn't apply to any Trunks. Marron at the end of the manga is taller than Kuririn, which means she has to be taller than she is now if she'll get that height. It's a simple matter.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Grimlock wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Goku was extremely small for a 12 year old when the series started. I don't find their height for their ages that odd based off that.
I oftenly see this comparison with Goku, and how that is nonsense. Goku is a pure Saiyan, so he obeys any Saiyans characteristics. Trunks, on the other hand, isn't, and we see and know how a teenage Future Trunks looks like, so that "Saiyan keeping small body" characteristic doesn't apply to any Trunks. Marron at the end of the manga is taller than Kuririn, which means she has to be taller than she is now if she'll get that height. It's a simple matter.
Marron is the son of Krillin who is pretty much a midget. Why assume she should be tall?

Also just because something is half-human doesn't mean it will directly follow human rules. Perhaps Saiyan genetics are dominant.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:11 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Marron is the son of Krillin who is pretty much a midget. Why assume she should be tall?

Also just because something is half-human doesn't mean it will directly follow human rules. Perhaps Saiyan genetics are dominant.
Daughter, you mean. And the answer is right there in the post: Marron at the end of the manga is taller than Krillin. It's not an assumption, it's outright shown that she's tall. The jury's still out on the half-saiyan growing thing in general, but Trunks is the same as Future Trunks, and in a perfect series he would look the same at the same age.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm

IDK why I wrote son :lol: thinking of Son Goku maybe? I'll accept that Marron should be taller based off that as I guess that is open and shut.

I do agree that if the characters NEVER get bigger that is a huge flaw. I'm just willing to give them a bit of time I guess, even if the time frame is a bit longer than it should be.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:44 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Marron is the son of Krillin who is pretty much a midget. Why assume she should be tall?
Yes, but she's also the daughter of Android 18. Because as I said, she's all grown up at the end of the manga, in four years she can't grow from the height she is now to become like that seen in the end of the manga. She should be taller.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Also just because something is half-human doesn't mean it will directly follow human rules. Perhaps Saiyan genetics are dominant.
Indeed, and that's appliable for Goten as we haven't seen how he looks like as a teenager, so he probably might inherited his father's characteristic, but Trunks didn't. In Trunks' case, his grown is that of a normal human.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:50 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

Not that it has to be relevant but even two short statured people can have a tall child.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Totally.

My point (especially about Half-Saiyans not so much Marron since he is right) was just that genetics are very complex. Especially between made up species...the reality is a Saiyan and a human probably shouldn't even be able to have a baby...so to speculate how they should/shouldn't age is just our guess.

Heck maybe we will see a small time lapse after this Arc and Goten/Trunks had growth spurts :lol:

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 am

Alruneia wrote:...Trunks is the same as Future Trunks...
That's not entirely true. One must remember that the moment Cell went back in time an entire year earlier than Trunks did, things changed. After all, Trunks killed Freeza instead of Goku and the androids were more powerful than in Trunks' timeline. It's very easy to assume that present Trunks is different on some level.