Yamcha and Krillin overwhelm Piccolo Daimao. Heck, they could probably best him on their own with their superior technique.ahill1 wrote:Yamcha ( 23rd Budokai ) and Kuririn ( 23rd Budokai ) vs Piccolo Daimao ( young )
The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
King Piccolo ain't got no chance when Yamcha and Krillin take him together.ahill1 wrote:Yamcha ( 23rd Budokai ) and Kuririn ( 23rd Budokai ) vs Piccolo Daimao ( young )
Spoiler:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Remember that this is Piccolo Daimao ( young ), which is far superior than himself old.
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
We know...ahill1 wrote:Remember that this is Piccolo Daimao ( young ), which is far superior than himself old.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
King Piccolo's BP in his youth is 260, considering that the BP of Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Piccolo Jr (910) is nearly identical to the BP of the Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Raditz (924), this would mean Goku's BP against Raditz (416), would be damn near the same when he fought against Piccolo Jr, who BP most likely remained nearly the same (408). And as Krillin was able to put a fight against Piccolo Jr, albeit briefly, this would put Krillin's BP over at least 300, same for Yamcha as he held his ground against Kami (Hero), who also gave Piccolo Jr. a run for his money.ahill1 wrote:Remember that this is Piccolo Daimao ( young ), which is far superior than himself old.
Spoiler:
- RandomGuy96
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8881
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
They were only able to "put up a fight" because Kami/Piccolo were explicitly holding back.Lord Beerus wrote:King Piccolo's BP in his youth is 260, considering that the BP of Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Piccolo Jr (910) is nearly identical to the BP of the Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Raditz (924), this would mean Goku's BP against Raditz (416), would be damn near the same when he fought against Piccolo Jr, who BP most likely remained nearly the same (408). And as Krillin was able to put a fight against Piccolo Jr, albeit briefly, this would put Krillin's BP over at least 300, same for Yamcha as he held his ground against Kami (Hero), who also gave Piccolo Jr. a run for his money.ahill1 wrote:Remember that this is Piccolo Daimao ( young ), which is far superior than himself old.
Chapter: 171, P12.5, P13.1-2
Piccolo: “Frankly, I’m surprised…Not by your Bukujutsu, but by your technique and movement…And your toughness…To apologize for calling you a small fry, I’ll show you just a little bit…”
Kuririn: “What? What will you show me?!”
Piccolo: “The true power of the great Ma Junior…”
Chapter: 175, P14.5
Kuririn: “Wh-what’s happening? Yamcha’s helpless!”
...
Yamcha: “I’ve lost. A complete defeat. I have no chance of beating someone who could get hit with the Sokidan head-on and only suffer that much damage.”
Krillin and Yamcha have their powers read at 206 and 177 respectively at the beginning of DBZ. Their power levels at the 23rd Budokai should be roughly the same. Against young Daimao, at 260, they don't stand a chance.
The Monkey King wrote:It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWokeRandomGuy96 wrote:He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.
- ZombieVito
- Banned
- Posts: 6222
- Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Exactly what Random said. Maybe if this was old Piccolo they could manage something.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Oh, yeah. I forgot that Piccolo and Kami held back. But to fair, the BP's for Krillin and Yamcha that were read from them were when they were in a relaxed state. It was the same thing with Roshi. His BP was 139 when he was relaxed, but would reach 180 when he was staring to get serious. Tien is another example. When relaxed has a BP of 250, yet not too long ago he effortlessly knocked out Cyborg Tao, who had BP that was only 40 below that, meaning his BP at the time he beat Cyborg Tao must have very near 300 or above. I reckon Krillin and Yamcha's BP would a bit higher if there weren't so relaxed.RandomGuy96 wrote:They were only able to "put up a fight" because Kami/Piccolo were explicitly holding back.Lord Beerus wrote:King Piccolo's BP in his youth is 260, considering that the BP of Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Piccolo Jr (910) is nearly identical to the BP of the Goku when he fired a Kamehameha at Raditz (924), this would mean Goku's BP against Raditz (416), would be damn near the same when he fought against Piccolo Jr, who BP most likely remained nearly the same (408). And as Krillin was able to put a fight against Piccolo Jr, albeit briefly, this would put Krillin's BP over at least 300, same for Yamcha as he held his ground against Kami (Hero), who also gave Piccolo Jr. a run for his money.ahill1 wrote:Remember that this is Piccolo Daimao ( young ), which is far superior than himself old.
Chapter: 171, P12.5, P13.1-2
Piccolo: “Frankly, I’m surprised…Not by your Bukujutsu, but by your technique and movement…And your toughness…To apologize for calling you a small fry, I’ll show you just a little bit…”
Kuririn: “What? What will you show me?!”
Piccolo: “The true power of the great Ma Junior…”
Chapter: 175, P14.5
Kuririn: “Wh-what’s happening? Yamcha’s helpless!”
...
Yamcha: “I’ve lost. A complete defeat. I have no chance of beating someone who could get hit with the Sokidan head-on and only suffer that much damage.”
Krillin and Yamcha have their powers read at 206 and 177 respectively at the beginning of DBZ. Their power levels at the 23rd Budokai should be roughly the same. Against young Daimao, at 260, they don't stand a chance.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
-
SSJ2FutureGohan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
I actually think Yamcha alone could win, with his Sokidan. Together they could win without Yamcha's Sokidan. I view Yamcha and Krillin as closing in on Daimao and Son Goku from 3 years back, but not quite there yet.
Young Daimao: 15
Son Goku: 16
Krillin (23rd): 12.5
Yamcha (23rd): 12
^ Something like that.
It also wouldn't make sense for Krillin to brag about his BP being higher than Roshi's, if he was suppressed / not at full power, otherwise he would've further gloated something like "and that's not even my full power!"
Young Daimao: 15
Son Goku: 16
Krillin (23rd): 12.5
Yamcha (23rd): 12
^ Something like that.
Scouters can properly read resting Ki, only Ki sensors can't. The only way to hide power from a scouter is suppression, which is different from surfacing Ki. The numbers given by Bulma's scouter readings should be their full powers.Lord Beerus wrote:But to fair, the BP's for Krillin and Yamcha that were read from them were when they were in a relaxed state.
It also wouldn't make sense for Krillin to brag about his BP being higher than Roshi's, if he was suppressed / not at full power, otherwise he would've further gloated something like "and that's not even my full power!"
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Once again, Piccolo Daimao (young) can't have 260; Tenshinhan (23rd TB) is stronger than Piccolo of 3 years ago; If Tenshinhan (BoZ) has 250, then Piccolo Daimao (young) has to be less than 250.
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Yeah whatever magazine gave Piccolo Daimao's power level goofed that one up. I don't place much value in any of the power levels given outside of the manga.
Anyway rank these from strongest to weakest.
Golden Oozaru Baby
Nova Shenron
Eis Shenron
Super Android 17
Anyway rank these from strongest to weakest.
Golden Oozaru Baby
Nova Shenron
Eis Shenron
Super Android 17
-
SSJ2FutureGohan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Super Android #17 (post-10x KHH) > Si Xing Long (Nuova) ~ Golden Great Ape Baby > San Xing Long (Eis) > Super Android #17 (pre-10x KHH)
- Captain Space
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1520
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:52 pm
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
This; weighted 23rd Goku was above his KP-arc self in most respects, and Tenshinhan was about on par with him. Those 'official' numbers don't add up.ahill1 wrote:Once again, Piccolo Daimao (young) can't have 260; Tenshinhan (23rd TB) is stronger than Piccolo of 3 years ago; If Tenshinhan (BoZ) has 250, then Piccolo Daimao (young) has to be less than 250.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Super Android 17 (Post energy absorption) > Golden Oozaru Baby > Nova Shenron > Eis Shenron > Super 17Bullza wrote:Anyway rank these from strongest to weakest.
Golden Oozaru Baby
Nova Shenron
Eis Shenron
Super Android 17
Spoiler:
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Was Nova She ron not equal to SSJ4 Goku? One that would have been slightly stronger than the one that beat Golden Baby?
I forget.
I forget.
-
SSJ2FutureGohan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Why would he be slightly stronger than when he beat Golden Great Ape Baby? Maybe his lower forms but not his Super Saiyan 4 (IMO).Bullza wrote:Was Nova She ron not equal to SSJ4 Goku? One that would have been slightly stronger than the one that beat Golden Baby?
I forget.
Also, according to the GT Perfect Files, Baby was slightly stronger than SS4 Goku.
- LonelyShadow
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:09 am
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
I'm not saying that there's a notable difference between the two of them, I'm saying that with Gohan's boost the difference is more evident. I have them like this:Sayo-chan wrote:The thing is though, I don't see how it makes him look weaker, because he could've (killed him). He was going to. The last panel before he's hit by Vegeta's blast tells us he's finishing Gohan off with one last push. Cell doesn't struggle at all. There's literally nothing to suggest he's struggling or weaker until the moment he dies, which is the result of that extra 15% in conjunction with help. We can ignore Goku here because all that tells us is Gohan's either not attentive or can't see what's going on over there. Gohan, who's struggling, clearly doesn't think a push will do anything. But Vegeta is significant. I just don't see that extra 15%, which could be 10% or any other percent, but 15 seems reasonable, killing him unless he was distracted. It seems completely pointless. Using the immature narrative, as you suggested, it makes everyone immature, especially Goku.
Spoiler:
Who knows? Maybe Cell actually escaped in the middle of the blast with his new technique, badly hurt but still alive, and decided to not come back and kill the rest of the Z Fighters, he actually decided to stay on a planet that had a gravity heavier than the Earth by many folds and stay there order to train. After many years passed, Cell returned to planet Earth with his brand new Evolution: "Super Fuchsia Cell", and only a fusion between the two SSG Super Saiyans can defeat him. Called it.
We can argue if Gohan actually was at 50% - 45% during the whole struggle, which would explain why Cell was so casual during the established moment. We can also make a little theory about how Toriyama pulled off a Deus Ex Machina, where Gohan suddenly restores his 100% + 15% right before he blasts Cell off, this could also explain why Cell didn't have an opportunity to push back (either that or he ran out of time because of Vegeta's super amazing distraction.)The whole "Gohan needs help" screams to me "Gohan's weaker because he's battle damaged". I think he'd struggle a lot at full power against Cell. I find this evidence to be from the fact his initial confidence may not be justified. This is why I put SPC at just below, equal or just above Gohan. The fact Cell says, "I've powered up just like Son Gohan" leads me to believe they're probably equal when he returns to Earth. I think Gohan can strain his limits with rage, a la that extra 15%. But that's a short burst of energy that ultimately may not do anything at all (a one time thing).
When he said: "Stronger than I though" he was probably refering to the "Lazzah" he received, moments before this, Gohan was very confident about facing Cell one last time (which means that Cell didn't show his full potential yet), meaning that he probably took the blast because he though he was weaker than that. He didn't expect Cell to become almost as strong as him. As I said before, "any character can get hurt by a vastly inferior adversary if they are taken off-guard." Cell isn't vastly inferior to Gohan, if Trunks managed to kick Buu even if he is miles below him, the damage that Gohan received by an enemy who could actually defeat him seems reasonable and that would explain his statement.Sayo-chan wrote:Yeah I agree but, Gohan doesn't say anything suggesting Cell's weaker. He literally says he's stronger than he thought.LonelyShadow wrote:As for the quote: "O...Oh... Ce... Cell's power has shot up more than I thought...", I don't know if you agree with me, but any character can get hurt by a vastly inferior adversary if they are taken off-guard:
I honestly don't know why the "Gohan falls like a plank of wood" seems to be a problem/prove that he's weaker or something like that. Given the circumstances, I don't see why he wouldn't fall over like that, actually, it would be weird if actually didn't fall to the ground , he said that he got his power cut to a half, he got his arm broken and he was making an amazing effort during the struggle. When Goku killed Kid Buu with the Genkidama he was a regular Super Saiyan when he pushed the technique a little further, after that, Goku falls slowly from the sky, showing signs of being exhausted (probably due the combination of using his strongest attack while he was a SSJ and having his arms in the air for many minutes.) The reason why this didn't happen during the showdown between Goku and Frieza it's because, in this case, SSJ Goku had the upper hand during the entire fight.Sayo-chan wrote:Why would the fact his arms busted be why he fell down? He was standing fine before. He looks exhausted, I don't see how he couldn't be. If he wasn't exhausted, why wouldn't he just fly? He doesn't seem to be in a monumental amount of pain, he's smiling.LonelyShadow wrote:Of course, just like 60% of the statements presented in Dragon Ball it's a hypothetical case, there could be many reasons why Gohan fell to the ground in that state, the injury on his arm, the fact that his power was put into the biggest test while he was at 50% (or just the plot "aww he killed a monster and he felt sleep"), as I say above, Cell might have way too many handicaps himself, he was perfectly fine, at full power and could use both of his arms, he saw an opportunity to secure his victory over Gohan.
Also, only because he's in a state where he's suffering a monumental ammount of pain doens't necessarily mean that he can't/won't smile. This kind of cases are very common in the anime and specially in the Dragon Ball Universe:
Spoiler:
That could probably be the case, since Gohan had his power cut to a half and nobody was able to inflict too much pain on Cell he got the opportunity of making his work a little bit easier. He knew that Gohan wasn't a threat anymore since he took that blast and left him useless in hand-to-hand combat and also his power was reduced. As for the beam struggle where both are at their 100%, I agree, flip a coin. Without his rage boost, Gohan could lose, if he has it, he wins, there's also the chance that Gohan could get some help from the others, just like in the anime.Sayo-chan wrote:If Vegeta didn't flip his shit, I really doubt there'd be a beam struggle. I think it'd be another fight (I'm drawing a comic about this). Cell says, in the anime at least, "I will suffer you no more!" I don't think it's all that different in the manga, but I can check later. This is pretty much Cell saying he doesn't want to waste time, that he's not dragging it out anymore, he's finishing him off. Basically due to the fact he doesn't see Gohan as a challenge anymore. If there was a beam struggle, and the whole shonen trope of the good guys winning wasn't a thing, Cell may win, he may not. Their powers are likely equal at that point, as far I'm concerned.LonelyShadow wrote:I would really like to know your opinion about this: if Vegeta didn't go all tsundere with Cell attacking Trunks-senpai and Gohan wasn't hurt by "Dah Lazuh" or in a hypothetical scenario where is perfectly fine at 100% and then the beam struggle began immediately, who could have won? (In the second case a strong Kamehameha by Gohan lead Cell to become SPC meaning that Goku was still alive, but he won't help his son this time.)
A comic? That sounds very interesting, I expect Toriyama's or Toyotarō's art style, heavy dialogue and a special Full Color Edition with the purchase of 20 bags of Doritos.
I agree with Lord Beerus comment about this.Bullza wrote:Anyway rank these from strongest to weakest.
Golden Oozaru Baby
Nova Shenron
Eis Shenron
Super Android 17
- Eternal Super Saiyan
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1027
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
- Location: Oregon, United States
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
But Tien was already not far from 250 in the 23rd tournament. I agree with what Lord Beerus said above. The levels we have for Tien, Krillin and Yamcha at BoZ are relaxed numbers. Not their max. Krillin and Yamcha would have either remained the same or actually gotten weaker compared to 5 years ago. That would not make sense.ahill1 wrote:Once again, Piccolo Daimao (young) can't have 260; Tenshinhan (23rd TB) is stronger than Piccolo of 3 years ago; If Tenshinhan (BoZ) has 250, then Piccolo Daimao (young) has to be less than 250.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
But the warriors still didn't know how to suppress his power, so the numbers that appeared in scouters were indeed his powers.
- Captain Space
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1520
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:52 pm
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Ooooor the numbers given in databooks and guides like 260 for King Piccolo just don't sync up well with actual canon stuff.Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:But Tenshinhan was already not far from 250 in the 23rd tournament. I agree with what Lord Beerus said above. The levels we have for Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha at BoZ are relaxed numbers. Not their max. Krillin and Yamcha would have either remained the same or actually gotten weaker compared to 5 years ago. That would not make sense.ahill1 wrote:Once again, Piccolo Daimao (young) can't have 260; Tenshinhan (23rd TB) is stronger than Piccolo of 3 years ago; If Tenshinhan (BoZ) has 250, then Piccolo Daimao (young) has to be less than 250.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama






