"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Gotta say, this game looks like it's going to be fun...to watch other people play as I suck at fighting games

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm

mysticboy wrote:3 versus 3

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Urg, that looks terrible.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm

After watching the trailer I'm not really as hyped. I want a game with less cutscenes and flash not more.

Really wishing we were getting Xenoverse 3 currently...but Ill obviously reserve judgement until I play
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

mysticboy wrote:3 versus 3

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I am so fucking sold. :clap: :thumbup:
Kanassa wrote:Urg, that looks terrible.
Whaaaaaaaaaa....

That looks fucking awesome! :P

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Boy this game is gonna be a clash between FGC and Casual DB fans. :?

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Anyone else peep that Funimation Logo after jt was shown?

They don't usually show Funimation's involvement that early, right?

Idk I just found it surprising to see them on the first trailer

Also I'm expecting at least Hit and Cabba to be in here but Black to be Dlc. But of course we could be wrong and Black is in

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Okay so that was a trailer.

I still can't believe it's actually happening, we're getting an actual legit traditional fighter in the vein of MvC by Arc System Works, someone hold me. Looks very impressive, the graphics are phenomenal and all the actual gameplay elements i'm seeing are exciting. Very much looking forward to more gameplay and impressions from people at E3.

HYPE!!
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:16 pm

It's official. This will be the Best Dragon Ball ever. My previous favorite game was Burst Limit, and watching this trailer. I am at max hype! (PLEASE HAVE KID GOKU). Hopefully there will be full gameplay on the E3 Floor

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm the only one who remembered that Hyper Dragon Ball Z fan-made MUGEN game? :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 pm

To avoid confusion, it's not 3 players vs 3 players, it's 1v1 with 3 characters, when there are more than 2 characters on screen the players are just calling in assists like in Marvel vs Capcom.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:After watching the trailer I'm not really as hyped. I want a game with less cutscenes and flash not more.

Really wishing we were getting Xenoverse 3 currently...but Ill obviously reserve judgement until I play
Have you ever played Marvel vs Capcom or Guilty Gear? This game is a mix of those two, the cutscenes and "flash" are just character intros and super attacks, like normal fighting games

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:To avoid confusion, it's not 3 players vs 3 players, it's 1v1 with 3 characters, when there are more than 2 characters on screen the players are just calling in assists like in Marvel vs Capcom.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:After watching the trailer I'm not really as hyped. I want a game with less cutscenes and flash not more.

Have you ever played Marvel vs Capcom or Guilty Gear? This game is a mix of those two, the cutscenes and "flash" are just character intros and super attacks, like normal fighting games
Yeah, and I generally dont like those games for that reason. It takes away from the realism of the fight.

Fwiw dont take me seriously. I'm just generally bummed we ended up with a 2.5D game. I'm not a big fan of the style but since its a DB game I'm excited anyway.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Fwiw dont take me seriously. I'm just generally bummed we ended up with a 2.5D game. I'm not a big fan of the style but since its a DB game I'm excited anyway.
It's the first 2.5D console Dragon Ball game in almost 10 years, there's a reason some of us are super happy. We've been waiting a LONG time for this. Fans of the 3D games who are shit talking this game for the simple fact of it's 2.5D (Which I am seeing all over social media) when 3D games is all we've had for so long are just ignorant and rude.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Cool trailer I guess but still not enough for me to drop a day one buy on it, it feels like it will get really boring pretty quick for a casual gamer like myself.

Though I must say the reaction from this game does show how easy it is to milk the franchise and us fans, couple of cool flashy moments cut in a trailer and everyone goes crazy, :P

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm

[img]Buu[/img]
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote: Fwiw dont take me seriously. I'm just generally bummed we ended up with a 2.5D game. I'm not a big fan of the style but since its a DB game I'm excited anyway.
It's the first 2.5D console Dragon Ball game in almost 10 years, there's a reason some of us are super happy. We've been waiting a LONG time for this. Fans of the 3D games who are shit talking this game for the simple fact of it's 2.5D (Which I am seeing all over social media) when 3D games is all we've had for so long are just ignorant and rude.
Thats totally cool. I think youre misunderstanding me though....I dont care that its 2.5D. My opinion isnt fact, I understand others love it. I'm glad you guys have something to look forward to more than you have.

Its just my opinion that 2.5D games are for handhelds is all. Like I said though I realize thats just my opinion. The trailer even looks like a 3DS game.
Last edited by GodKaio-Ken on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Trailer definitely has me hooked. I'm interested to see what becomes of this. My only concern is that the frame rate looked jittery as heck but I'm blaming that on it being such an early build. I'm also gonna assume that with Golden Frieza being included they'll venture into Super somewhat. Will definitely be on the lookout for this one!

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I've seen what they've done here. This game is gonna BLOW. This is probably gonna be the highest grossing DB game, and not because of DB fans : o

Amazing. To be honest I don't see why Namdai didn't do this earlier. It's common sense, DB fans are mostly going to still buy this game, and then they SEIZE the fans of the FGC. You see that's what you do, you make games that anyone would wanna play, a true triple A game. If a person who'd never heard of DB, but was into the genre of the game being made (i.e. RPG) could love the game, then that marks the sign of a quality game.

I guess they finally listened.

I just need to finally get good at fighting games :lol: Been a semi-casual SF player for years now.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Cool trailer I guess but still not enough for me to drop a day one buy on it, it feels like it will get really boring pretty quick for a casual gamer like myself.

Though I must say the reaction from this game does show how easy it is to milk the franchise and us fans, couple of cool flashy moments cut in a trailer and everyone goes crazy, :P
I think the pedigree of the developer and the fact that this is a legit fighting game are what have people excited the most.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Yuli Ban wrote:That Dark Age of DB games between 2009 and 2015 was degenerate trash.
How is 2002 - 2008 any better? The Budokai games have aged like milk while Super DBZ and the third Sparking game are still fun games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Thats totally cool. I think youre misunderstanding me though....I dont care that its 2.5D. My opinion isnt fact, I understand others love it. I'm glad you guys have something to look forward to more than you have.

Its just my opinion that 2.5D games are for handhelds is all. Like I said though I realize thats just my opinion. The trailer even looks like a 3DS game.
I'd disagree mainly for the fact of the recent boom of 2.5D fighters. Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Marvel V Capcom Infinite, Guilty Gear Xrd. This is the perfect kinda game for the current gaming market where JRPG's and 2.5D Fighters are the most popular genres. Also if 3DS had THOSE kinda graphics I'd be stunned. And my criticism wasn't directed at you specifically, just your "I'm generally bummed we ended up with a 2.5D game" bit, you're upset we're getting something new? XV3 will happen eventually for 3D DB game fans, so why not let us 2D/2.5D fans celebrate and be happy that non-Dragon Ball fans who are fighting game fanatics will get exporure to the series with FighterZ
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:20 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote: It's the first 2.5D console Dragon Ball game in almost 10 years, there's a reason some of us are super happy. We've been waiting a LONG time for this. Fans of the 3D games who are shit talking this game for the simple fact of it's 2.5D (Which I am seeing all over social media) when 3D games is all we've had for so long are just ignorant and rude.

I'd disagree mainly for the fact of the recent boom of 2.5D fighters. Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Marvel V Capcom Infinite, Guilty Gear Xrd. This is the perfect kinda game for the current gaming market where JRPG's and 2.5D Fighters are the most popular genres. Also if 3DS had THOSE kinda graphics I'd be stunned. And my criticism wasn't directed at you specifically, just your "I'm generally bummed we ended up with a 2.5D game" bit, you're upset we're getting something new? XV3 will happen eventually for 3D DB game fans, so why not let us 2D/2.5D fans celebrate and be happy that non-Dragon Ball fans who are fighting game fanatics will get exporure to the series with FighterZ
Well to be fair 2.5D isnt new in general, people know if they like it or not generally and it seems divisive.

The hate goes in reverse too though. So many people hate Xenoverse and when they talk its obvious they never learned how to play correctly. Like previously when someone said it has no cancels....that is a total lie. So I get a little defensive over the 3D too.

Like I said way back Ill buy it day 1 anyway and probably preorder...so my being bummed about it isnt saying screw it or anything.