"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread
-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
So we get gero's and 19's hats but not their costumes? This is weird ...
- SingleFringe&Sparks
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1642
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
- Location: Mt. Paozu/East District
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Technically Gohan, Vegeta and Trunks never fought in their base forms either. If they're in, so should Broly's. It just feels incomplete without it.Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm fine with Broli not having his base form in the game possibly. He never fought in that forum and would be a waste of space. I wonder how GT will fit into the story mode if they are using ideas from DBO. Mixing GT and DBO seems like a bad idea.
Or the what if itself could be if the Z-era characters encountered GT villains, I'm sure everyone would be fine with that. Its what BT2 did.Drev wrote:GT characters could be VS only, no cutscenes
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.
- Michelle91
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 15820
- Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
- Location: Maryland, USA
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
They can do something original with the GT storyline and characters. Since GT sucked so bad, I never understand why they never try to remake GT's storyline in the video games? With a video game, you can do whatever you want with the story.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea
- SingleFringe&Sparks
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1642
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
- Location: Mt. Paozu/East District
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Thats sounds more complicated than making up an original. The amount of people complaining over GT as it is would doublethat bad. "WUHT DEH FUK DIS GEE-TEE SHYT IZ NAWT EEVIN CAHNUN; Y DEH PHUCK IZ IHT IN MAH STOREE MOHDE" Or we get Treevax Tounge-&-Cheeking how it isnt "faithful" or whatever.Hellspawn28 wrote:They can do something original with the GT storyline and characters. Since GT sucked so bad, I never understand why they never try to remake GT's storyline in the video games? With a video game, you can do whatever you want with the story.
We'd be dwelling into AF territory. The next game will put SSJ4 everyone at a demand with this fanbase. I don't want that type of fanfic in the official games.Hellspawn28 wrote:If we get GT then I do think SSj4 Broli won't be that far off now. We got LSSj3 Broli in RB to promote Dragon Battlers.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Or it could look nothing like that. As things stand now, it kinda looks like non- Super Saiyan transformations will be their own slots. So we might have more than a dozen slots taken up by the same character:sintzu wrote:In the comment section of the costume video he said the character roster is in the 60s so that's over 35 characters unconfirmed.
So this is what it could and probably will look like :Spoiler:
01. Freeza (1st)
02. Freeza (2nd)
03. Freeza (3rd)
04. Freeza (4th)
05. Freeza (100%)
06. Cell (Imperfect)
07. Cell (Semiperfect)
08. Cell (Perfect)
09. Buu (Evil)
10. Buu (Evil, Gotenks absorbed)
11. Buu (Evil, Gohan absorbed)
12. Buu (Evil, Piccolo absorbed)?
13. Etc.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Those aren't all of the costumes,In the game play videos Vegeta has his Cell armor on yet it wasn't listed in the video and in the online hub they showed slug's costume yet it wasn't here.Nickolaidas wrote:So we get gero's and 19's hats but not their costumes? This is weird ...
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.
- Super Saiyajin Luffy
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
- Location: Gensokyo
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
You can put 4th Freeza and 100% Freeza on one slot, though. 100% Freeza is more a temporary power up, so it could be used as an transformation skill.TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Or it could look nothing like that. As things stand now, it kinda looks like non- Super Saiyan transformations will be their own slots. So we might have more than a dozen slots taken up by the same character:sintzu wrote:In the comment section of the costume video he said the character roster is in the 60s so that's over 35 characters unconfirmed.
So this is what it could and probably will look like :Spoiler:
01. Freeza (1st)
02. Freeza (2nd)
03. Freeza (3rd)
04. Freeza (4th)
05. Freeza (100%)
06. Cell (Imperfect)
07. Cell (Semiperfect)
08. Cell (Perfect)
09. Buu (Evil)
10. Buu (Evil, Gotenks absorbed)
11. Buu (Evil, Gohan absorbed)
12. Buu (Evil, Piccolo absorbed)?
13. Etc.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I could, but for the time being, there didn't appear to be any skills for Freeza buffing up in the videos. So, I'm keeping them apart for now.Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:You can put 4th Freeza and 100% Freeza on one slot, though. 100% Freeza is more a temporary power up, so it could be used as an transformation skill.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I forgot about that.TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
01. Freeza (1st)
02. Freeza (2nd)
03. Freeza (3rd)
04. Freeza (4th)
05. Freeza (100%)
06. Cell (Imperfect)
07. Cell (Semiperfect)
08. Cell (Perfect)
09. Buu (Evil)
10. Buu (Evil, Gotenks absorbed)
11. Buu (Evil, Gohan absorbed)
12. Buu (Evil, Piccolo absorbed)?
13. Etc.
I think Frieza's first 3 forms will be in one while the other 2 in another and the same thing goes for cell's 1st&2nd.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.
-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I don't know guys ... since when did DIMPS made a transformation be a separate character?
On the plus side, the costumes are amazing. Now I don't know whether I want my first Custom to be a Frieza character, or an adult (tall) Krillin with Orin clothes.
But dammit, if they have the costume of the mummy they SHOULD have him as a character as well. It's not too much of an effort, is it?
On the plus side, the costumes are amazing. Now I don't know whether I want my first Custom to be a Frieza character, or an adult (tall) Krillin with Orin clothes.
But dammit, if they have the costume of the mummy they SHOULD have him as a character as well. It's not too much of an effort, is it?
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Well, as already pointed out, they have them labeled as "Freeza (1st Form)" or "Cell (Perfect)" this time, and Perfect Cell used that form's portrait while Super Saiyans like Goku and Vegeta use their base form, even while transformed.Nickolaidas wrote:I don't know guys ... since when did DIMPS made a transformation be a separate character?
I'm hoping they aren't separate in the final version, but the evidence isn't really supporting that for the time being.
-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Don't get me wrong, DevilsCorpse, I prefer having 2nd and 3rd Frieza as separate characters rather than no characters at all, but I don't understand the logic.
In Budokai 3, DIMPS was more than able to have Frieza possess different special moves and ultimates in ONE 'character', despite him transforming on the fly. So I see no reason as to why they want to have each Frieza form be its own character in Xenoverse.
Also, they negate the fun many Frieza players had by transforming him as the match went on.
I'm just trying to understand the logic of DIMPS making Frieza and Cell transformations as separate characters.
In Budokai 3, DIMPS was more than able to have Frieza possess different special moves and ultimates in ONE 'character', despite him transforming on the fly. So I see no reason as to why they want to have each Frieza form be its own character in Xenoverse.
Also, they negate the fun many Frieza players had by transforming him as the match went on.
I'm just trying to understand the logic of DIMPS making Frieza and Cell transformations as separate characters.
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I don't think it has anything to do with their movesets, I think it's all about how they decided to handle transformations in this game. Not sure I really understand the logic for why they chose to develop the transformation mechanic the way they did. I agree that it ruins the fun, as I loved playing large team fights in previous games and transforming as the battle progressed. I'm fairly certain they could have managed to find a balance between a competitive use for them while not sacrificing elements of the series (only one transformation at a time, limited usage per activation, etc).
For Super Saiyans in Xenoverse, it's a temporary buff set as one of your Ultimate Attacks that increases your abilities and allows you to use Supers and Ultimates for zero ki cost until your energy fully drains. Then they revert back automatically. Freeza and Cell don't work like that though. They transform and remain that way. So playing as them, as Dimps has set up Super Saiyans anyway, would provide a pretty big advantage.
For Super Saiyans in Xenoverse, it's a temporary buff set as one of your Ultimate Attacks that increases your abilities and allows you to use Supers and Ultimates for zero ki cost until your energy fully drains. Then they revert back automatically. Freeza and Cell don't work like that though. They transform and remain that way. So playing as them, as Dimps has set up Super Saiyans anyway, would provide a pretty big advantage.
-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
So either they chose to put Cell forms and Frieza forms as fluff (since they can not be used for strategic purposes), or they didn't put them at all. Hmmm ...
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Who the hell is Demigra?
-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
My guess is (s)he is the shadowy silhouette we've seen in the jump scans ...
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
It wasn't a Jump scan. It was from a video at Japan Expo.Nickolaidas wrote:My guess is (s)he is the shadowy silhouette we've seen in the jump scans ...jollyr wrote:Who the hell is Demigra?

-
Nickolaidas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Whatever, man. 
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
And where'd the name Demigra come from?
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
The name could just be a placeholder, we don't know yet. All I can say on the matter with the information we do have is what I already posted days ago:jollyr wrote:And where'd the name Demigra come from?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Demigra is a Latin conjugation of demigro, meaning "migrate or emigrate", or "depart, withdraw or go away". Which would kinda go with Towa meaning eternity, Mira being mirai/future, and Fu probably taken from Future. May also be a pun on "demiurge"? Meaning "one that is an autonomous creative force or decisive power". No idea, especially since the series is Japanese and the pun very well may stem from their native language.




