Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Choice195 wrote:I asked FUNi about this and they said, "@KingGoku195 re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set"... Looks like they just bundled the Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 sets together & gave it a name."
Yeah, and they also added pictures, which is just an image with parts one and two, so it's safe to say it's an Amazon.com exclusive bundle.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
Echo64
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 am
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Echo64 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

So it's actually just two stuck together with no new artwork? Okay, I'm happy now. :D
"This planet's last remnant of hope!"
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Great Saiyaman I
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Or maybe it's a new boxset with new artwork, a book, and a free CD and Amazon hasn't gotten ahold of a picture of it yet so they just put the first two parts up!

Did I scare anyone?
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Great Saiyaman I wrote:Or maybe it's a new boxset with new artwork, a book, and a free CD and Amazon hasn't gotten ahold of a picture of it yet so they just put the first two parts up!

Did I scare anyone?
Not me! I'm happy if it's true! :D :lol:

User avatar
SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 983
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:08 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:Or you could order part two through Amazon, and with the weak US dollar save about twenty bucks off the ridiculous pricetag Madman slap on their products. The regions are A and B for the Blu Ray, and 2 and 4 for the dvd.
You mean 1 and 4, right? Don't want to give the British false hope it'll work in their players. :P

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:09 am

Captain Awesome wrote: Or you could order part two through Amazon, and with the weak US dollar save about twenty bucks off the ridiculous pricetag Madman slap on their products. The regions are A and B for the Blu Ray, and 2 and 4 for the dvd.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to support my own country's Anime industry.

User avatar
Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 2653
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Or you could order part two through Amazon, and with the weak US dollar save about twenty bucks off the ridiculous pricetag Madman slap on their products. The regions are A and B for the Blu Ray, and 2 and 4 for the dvd.
You mean 1 and 4, right? Don't want to give the British false hope it'll work in their players. :P
Whoops, that is indeed what I meant to write.

Fixed.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2613
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Marysville, Washington

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I honestly don't see why everyone's getting upset about this. I mean, first off, is this really a surprise to anybody, especially after combining the GT season sets together? Things get re-released. It happens all the time. Second of all, how does this affect anybody who already owns parts one and two? Here's a hint: don't buy it. You already own it. I know there might be "awesome" new artwork, but try and resist. This is for people who haven't gotten parts one and two. The people who bought on release date had the privilege of owning things before anybody else. Now the people who held out have the privilege of getting a slightly better deal. How is this a novel approach? Sure, maybe it's a bit soon, but, in the grand scheme of releases, why does this matter? If you already own parts one and two, you're already set. If you don't own parts one and two, now you have a choice. And if, for some reason, you have to own every single identical release, and you're annoyed at the timing, then just wait a while. It's not going to be going anywhere.
Thank you! First smart person on the thread. I was getting so frustrated with all the mindless complaints. :lol:

People shouldn't get angry over things that don't affect them. "I own parts one and two; I'm happy! :D Wait... FUNimation's re-releasing them as a single set?!?!?! How dare they!! :evil: " :roll:
FUNimation is most likely going to re-release Kai eventually, so people, please don't act like this again; it's embarrassing. :oops:
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
TripleRach
Moderator
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by TripleRach » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

We all know FUNimation likes to re-release things a lot. But they also tend to announce their releases 2-3 months in advance, so it would have been very unusual if this was something they'd released themselves.
-Rachel

User avatar
Echo64
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 am
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Echo64 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:43 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:I honestly don't see why everyone's getting upset about this. I mean, first off, is this really a surprise to anybody, especially after combining the GT season sets together? Things get re-released. It happens all the time. Second of all, how does this affect anybody who already owns parts one and two? Here's a hint: don't buy it. You already own it. I know there might be "awesome" new artwork, but try and resist. This is for people who haven't gotten parts one and two. The people who bought on release date had the privilege of owning things before anybody else. Now the people who held out have the privilege of getting a slightly better deal. How is this a novel approach? Sure, maybe it's a bit soon, but, in the grand scheme of releases, why does this matter? If you already own parts one and two, you're already set. If you don't own parts one and two, now you have a choice. And if, for some reason, you have to own every single identical release, and you're annoyed at the timing, then just wait a while. It's not going to be going anywhere.
Thank you! First smart person on the thread. I was getting so frustrated with all the mindless complaints. :lol:

People shouldn't get angry over things that don't affect them. "I own parts one and two; I'm happy! :D Wait... FUNimation's re-releasing them as a single set?!?!?! How dare they!! :evil: " :roll:
FUNimation is most likely going to re-release Kai eventually, so people, please don't act like this again; it's embarrassing. :oops:

But it does affect me, I just bought the 2nd part a week before I heard about this re-release. I'm sure it's not a "mindless complaint" to see part one and two selling for less than what I just paid for only one part. :wink:
"This planet's last remnant of hope!"
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 am

The current prices for part 1 and part 2 combined together in Blu-ray on Amazon is $76, while Saiyan Set only cost $56. So you get $20 off.

User avatar
Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2890
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Wakusei Bejeeter

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Saiyan Set?

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 am

I don't see why people whine when things get re-released for a cheaper price. Yeah... it sucks when you missed a sweet deal, but why would you buy the original release if it was more than you wanted to pay for it?

That's why I'm waiting to pick up Kai; yeah, I could afford those 13 episode sets, but I'm a cheap bastard, so I'm going to wait for the eventual 26 episode sets or whatever.

Also, to anyone saying that the Dragon Boxes are a big F-you to anybody that bought the Orange Bricks... again, why did you buy a product that you weren't 100% satisfied with? Probably the only DVD set I ever bought that I wasn't 100% on was the Honneamise release of "Aim for the Top! GunBuster," because of a minor edit (there's a music edit in episode 1, because the original piece sounded too similar to Vangelis's Chariots of Fire; if there was a re-release with the original piece re-inserted, I wouldn't cry about it, I'd just sell the old set!). A minor music edit in one episode, of course, is a lot different than an entire 291 episode series being needlessly cropped...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Post Reply