Unofficial New DB Series Dragonball Absalon Episode 1

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Unofficial New DB Series Dragonball Absalon Episode 1

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Good luck with reaching 10,000 in 51 days. I'm pretty sure the kids and other crazy fanboys will send money to them, but I won't. I don't like giving money to other projects if they are going to suck.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:55 pm

infectedmann wrote:Support the project: http://www.indiegogo.com/Absalon
Wow... Wooow..... Really?! That guy just asked for 10,000 euros? ...At least if he could actually draw decently, not necessarily animate. Then this could slightly count as joke.

God help the world.
酷签名

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:28 am

infectedmann wrote:Support the project: http://www.indiegogo.com/Absalon
It must be a joke, tell me is a joke, please, PLEASE.

"What We Need & What You Get

More details.

We will need 10,000 euro's as a starter to hire:

stronger computer
software
key animators
inbetweeners"
They forgot something:

Know about DragonBall
Learn to draw

Seriously, why don't we create something stupid called like Dragon Ball Crap, or something and people from the forum create a manga? there is no need to know about DB or know drawing, the only needed is do stupid stuff, we ask to those mind out kids that pay for that, AND WE ARE RICH
It isn't a good idea?
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 am

I'm gonna round the 10,000 Euro's to $13,000 for this.

And go through the things he could be getting (Assuming he wanted a Studio-level set-up).

Adobe Master Suite - $2600.00
Animation Software - $600.00
HD Cintiq Tablet Monitor - $2500.00
High-End Computer - $2500.00
Back-ups/Hard Drives/Etc. - $800.00

Those are all assuming they'd pay for these things at the maximum price.

That leaves them with $4000.00 to hire key animators and inbetweeners. Depending on how good the help they hire is, that goal could potentially make sense. But they definitely could have made due with a few thousand less. Still, I hope they do put it all to good use. I'll keep my fingers crossed until the final product is out.

Raykugen wrote: They forgot something:

Know about DragonBall
Learn to draw

Seriously, why don't we create something stupid called like Dragon Ball Crap, or something and people from the forum create a manga? there is no need to know about DB or know drawing, the only needed is do stupid stuff, we ask to those mind out kids that pay for that, AND WE ARE RICH
It isn't a good idea?

C'mon, now. Quality of the actual story aside, the workmanship on this is great for a fan-project. And the artwork is pretty good, as well. You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep quality art while animating. I've seen people who can work magic with a pencil and paper...but once they get on a computer and start animating, their art doesn't look half as good as they could do.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 am

Big Momma wrote:C'mon, now. Quality of the actual story aside, the workmanship on this is great for a fan-project.
No, he isn't, Dragon Ball doesn't happens in real world. In Dragon Ball the characters doesn't look like the people from Jersey Shore. The story is like a DBZ awful Movie.
Big Momma wrote: And the artwork is pretty good, as well.
No, it isn't, is awful.
Big Momma wrote:You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep quality art while animating. I've seen people who can work magic with a pencil and paper...but once they get on a computer and start animating, their art doesn't look half as good as they could do.
I perfectly know how this works, and first, if you don't know drawing, don't do it, he knows animate, but not drawing. A million dollar computer wouldn't help him to draw better, one thing is animate and other is draw. I have seen his illustrations in DeviantArt, and they are the same of his animations, so it could be better if he wants the money to ask Toriyama drawing and plot lessons.
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:50 am

Raykugen wrote:
Big Momma wrote:C'mon, now. Quality of the actual story aside, the workmanship on this is great for a fan-project.
No, he isn't, Dragon Ball doesn't happens in real world. In Dragon Ball the characters doesn't look like the people from Jersey Shore. The story is like a DBZ awful Movie.
Big Momma wrote: And the artwork is pretty good, as well.
No, it isn't, is awful.
Big Momma wrote:You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep quality art while animating. I've seen people who can work magic with a pencil and paper...but once they get on a computer and start animating, their art doesn't look half as good as they could do.
I perfectly know how this works, and first, if you don't know drawing, don't do it, he knows animate, but not drawing. A million dollar computer wouldn't help him to draw better, one thing is animate and other is draw. I have seen his illustrations in DeviantArt, and they are the same of his animations, so it could be better if he wants the money to ask Toriyama drawing and plot lessons.
Dude, have a little respect. If Big Momma says that he thinks the artwork is pretty good then that's his opinion. Of course you can say it's awful, sure, but you could be slightly more tactful. I also think the animation isn't all THAT great, but it's pretty good in the realm of fanprojects. I haven't seen a lot that is better. There was definitely effort put into this.

Now, what they lack is knowledge of Dragon Ball. Even if you count the funimation dub, Dragon Ball isn't supposed to be this gritty, and especially if you don't even know the Dragon World, that's pretty sucky, but still... as far as fanprojects go, this is (and I'm gonna go out on a limb here) better than you have done :o

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 am

worldmonsters wrote:Dude, have a little respect. If Big Momma says that he thinks the artwork is pretty good then that's his opinion. Of course you can say it's awful, sure, but you could be slightly more tactful. I also think the animation isn't all THAT great, but it's pretty good in the realm of fanprojects. I haven't seen a lot that is better. There was definitely effort put into this.

Now, what they lack is knowledge of Dragon Ball. Even if you count the funimation dub, Dragon Ball isn't supposed to be this gritty, and especially if you don't even know the Dragon World, that's pretty sucky, but still... as far as fanprojects go, this is (and I'm gonna go out on a limb here) better than you have done :o
Hey, you have misunderstood, I like the animation, I think he works in that pretty good for be amateur, but he doesn't know drawing.
I haven't done anything :eh:

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:21 pm

worldmonsters wrote:this is (and I'm gonna go out on a limb here) better than you have done :o
Actually, Raykugen is really damn good at mimicking the style of Dragon Ball promotional art. Although I can't support his wording, I can't say I disagree with his ideas.

Honestly, this seems more like "I want a quality setup" than "I need this money for the next episode". I don't expect this to get many donations, since most of the fans (from the Youtube comments, at least) would appear to be younger. At least they promised to return the money if they didn't reach their goal.

$13,000 towards something Dragon Ball related? Why not Kanzenshuu? :wink:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I doubt they are going to reach the amount of money that they hope for.
She/Her

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:10 pm

batistabus wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:this is (and I'm gonna go out on a limb here) better than you have done :o
Actually, Raykugen is really damn good at mimicking the style of Dragon Ball promotional art. Although I can't support his wording, I can't say I disagree with his ideas.

Honestly, this seems more like "I want a quality setup" than "I need this money for the next episode". I don't expect this to get many donations, since most of the fans (from the Youtube comments, at least) would appear to be younger. At least they promised to return the money if they didn't reach their goal.

$13,000 towards something Dragon Ball related? Why not Kanzenshuu? :wink:
No, I'm not xD.
I think I haven't been rude, is just that is not fair that something that is not proportional, bad done and with a 10 year old quality drawing could ask for 10 thousand euros, let's be clear. Is bad done in drawing, good in animation and bad in plot, so it doesn't deserves 10,000 euros O_O (Probably the most of the people who pays for it are teens who doesn't know in what are they dropping their money), just because of that I can't be more kindly (I think I'm being kindly anyways :lol: )
It's just ridiculous that we are talking about this. About a guy who animates well, but needs A LOT to learn in drawing who is asking 10,000 euros just to do a homemade anime. Thinking about this situation gives me headaches.
Last edited by Raykugen on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Give them some credit. It looks better than GT....and it's better written. :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Give them some credit. It looks better than GT....and it's better written. :P
Ehhhhhhhh....

The animation is cooler. :|

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

batistabus wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Give them some credit. It looks better than GT....and it's better written. :P
Ehhhhhhhh....

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I think the plot may be stupider with Saiyans returning for some reason and some going SSJ, way to kill of what made SSJ special(it's like the horse after being beaten was eaten and crapped out). I guess any Saiyan can do it now. You can go to his DA page and see stuff that really belongs in bad fanfiction. I think Kaioken 10,000 Oob is the stupidest right next to Mystic Gohan Level 2.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
batistabus wrote:
Ehhhhhhhh....

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I think the plot may be stupider with Saiyans returning for some reason and some going SSJ, way to kill of what made SSJ special(it's like the horse after being beaten was eaten and crapped out). I guess any Saiyan can do it now. You can go to his DA page and see stuff that really belongs in bad fanfiction. I think Kaioken 10,000 Oob is the stupidest right next to Mystic Gohan Level 2.
At least you can comprehend it, unlike GT which states that Goku and co. were abusing the dragonballs ever since the first wish.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm

I really do like the visual style of this. The colors, cinematography, and animation are all fantastic for a fan project. If this person were to be directed by a different storyteller, the final product could be pretty amazing.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Just going off the first episode and the DA, it is far, far worse on both counts.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm

With the request of 13,000$ it really takes away from the "oh wow this is great for a fan project", the standards would have to be raised 5 times higher and based on this first episode it doesn't deserve that. Seeing it finally came out and saying it would come out once a month was cool and all. With the plot being weird and the whole thing being very poorly strung together for all the time it took to release it. The want for 13,000 though is a big f$%^ you. The release of this episode and then promise of a next followed by a request of 13,000$ could only be accomplished if the first episode was "wow" worthy. but with all that time preparing and getting that as an end result I normally don't side like this but i hope people don't waste their money funding this project.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:46 am

I notice that they plan to bring back Broli, Buu and have Xicor to appear. I hope that the later episodes will explain all of this nonsense.
She/Her

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I notice that they plan to bring back Broli, Buu and have Xicor to appear. I hope that the later episodes will explain all of this nonsense.
.....Really? REALLY!?

What's next? Bebi takes over Cell after he's absorbed every single resident in Hell and it takes a SSj7 to defeat him? I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 am

For a fan project I think its pretty good. I wonder how many man hours were put into just that first episode. I'm not to worried about changes since its a fan project and early but I do find it odd that they make it seem like the DB world is like the real world. I thought the voice acting was pretty good except for Majuub. The art style took a little while to get used to but honestly I think it might work out good because if they tried to be just like regular DB then the lower quality would show more (even though its good for a fan project).
Hellspawn28 wrote:I notice that they plan to bring back Broli, Buu and have Xicor to appear. I hope that the later episodes will explain all of this nonsense.
I've only watched the episode so don't know if they hinted at how this would happen else where but I'm guessing for Broly and Buu
-The portals are to alternate dimensions/timelines. I'm thinking this is the most likely since theres a time machine shown.
-Dragon balls or something similar which would make sense since well its dragonball :P