Spain: DBZ movies will be released on Blu-Ray

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Spain: DBZ movies will be released on Blu-Ray

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Why the hell doesn't Mexico release anything smh

According to some TV Media sites, Toei will give TV Stations in Latin America access to a newly remastered DBZ, but its only on tv. Sucks to be in Latin America.
If this is a true, proper HD remaster, I can't really believe or phatom that Toei wouldn't do more with it than just sell copies to TV stations... I have faith hope it's anything else than either an upscale of the dragon boxes, or funimation's release, though.

KIbawler

Post by KIbawler » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I love how everyone's so excited talking about how this looks "so much better than FUNimation's remaster", when that's exactly what it is and I saw it right away. :lol:

Identical colors, identical framing, the writing's on the wall. Also, the press release stating that they remastered it using the "original celluloid" is BS because those cels are all long gone and are either in fans' hands or destroyed.

On the subject of FUNi's film masters for the movies, aside from a couple of movies (1 and 6 at least), I honestly really like FUNimation's remastered film masters. I like the bluer skies and more natural skin tones, and on DVD the quality is pretty close to the Dragon Boxes.
By Celluloid's, i think they actually meant, the original film prints?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 pm

KIbawler wrote:By Celluloid's, i think they actually meant, the original film prints?
Yeah, that was pointed out to me after I made that post. :shh:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Check this out over at Amazon Espãna:

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello everyone, I have contacted Selecta Visión regarding whether they will share a screenshot of the HD Blu-ray footage and in time, they will. We just need to be patient and eventually we'll see a 720 or 1080 resolution screenshot published by them as surely they want to gain more consumers than lose any that might have already pre-reserved their new line of DBZ Blu-rays. I have good faith in that SV will do a great job because it's a company known for quality releases. :wink:

For anyone and everyone that would like to pre-order the Blu-rays they're available here. Curiously enough we'll also have a DVD edition so I presume this will be based on this new footage that they received from Toei Animation and it's all in Widescreen presentation.

I will ask them if slipcovers will also be thrown in for first print owners. This upcoming release looks all in all to be of high quality but that's still to be confirmed.

P.S. As a fan I just registered to post this comment and anything that will be related to this topic.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Bienvenido Saiyajin Iberico! LOL!

I'm so glad we are gettting more Spanish Speaking members. That's awesome.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:38 am

I've pre-ordered the first two volumes. Would have been nice to have English subtitles to save re-encoding them (if the transfers are different), but just another DBZ thing to add to the collection in the end.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 am

Hiya all, Selecta Visión got back to me and I'm sad to report that the DBZ Blu-rays will not include any slipcovers as confirmed by them. Here's a little sample of what the physical Blu-rays will look (the v1.00 version as the v2.00 will be all in orange).
With that said, I also asked them about Resurrection F and will be out sometime in May 2016 so I'm certainly looking forward to that. :thumbup:

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Selecta Visión has posted a long post four hours ago regarding the fans enquiries and new images (not screenshots of the films in HD).

EDIT:

Some interesting points about SV's post:
1) The HD footage of the movies they received from Toei Animation (supposedly) is the only one that exists so far, has grain and looks really good (their words). Still, without screenshots it's possibly Funimation's HD remasters.
2) They're in talks with Toei Animation for a new DBZ fullscreen TV series release in high definition. But here's the pickle in the cake: SV uses DNR so it might not be nearly as good as Funi's DBZ Level Blu-rays were.
3) Films are all uncut but again, in this day and age, we'd expect no less.

EDIT 2:

Amazon now has two new product listings and as such, so are the covers.

ImageImage

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:02 pm

If Kei could give Selecta Vision the original broadcast audio!

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:06 pm

sangofe wrote:If Kei could give Selecta Vision the original broadcast audio!
That'd be pretty cool if he did, but would Selecta Vision be allowed to release it? Do they have rights to it?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
That'd be pretty cool if he did, but would Selecta Vision be allowed to release it? Do they have rights to it?
They could be contacted about it and asked.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:29 pm

sangofe wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
They could be contacted about it and asked.
Selecta would likely need to ask permission to Toei Animation if they could use it for the commercial release.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:57 am

You know... These are "double features" like FUNimation's, right? Really seems they're copies of FUNi's releases, even though I hope not...

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:21 am

sangofe wrote:You know... These are "double features" like FUNimation's, right? Really seems they're copies of FUNi's releases, even though I hope not...
who know. broly was a triple feature (here he will be with the movies 7 ) but i don't make any illusion, in china they have broadcast the movies in HD but it was funimation footage with english credit
Toei doesn't have (in what i remember) the master so i think that they have buy the funimation HD footage based on the funimation original master that always exist.
I'ts my opinion

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 am

There's a chance it might be the FUNi scan without all the filtering? Maybe? We can hope?
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:55 am

Puto wrote:There's a chance it might be the FUNi scan without all the filtering? Maybe? We can hope?
Funi movies are True HD remaster so i don't think it has filter like the series

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 am

No, Funimation's films had the same process applied to them as the Orange Bricks, albeit at a far lesser intensity. Being 35mm, the grain was finer in the first place, so the overall result isn't quite as horrendous. It's still a totally overfiltered product, though.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 am

Ajay wrote:No, Funimation's films had the same process applied to them as the Orange Bricks, albeit at a far lesser intensity. Being 35mm, the grain was finer in the first place, so the overall result isn't quite as horrendous. It's still a totally overfiltered product, though.
okay thanks . after seeing the seasons sets i was thinking the movies was untouched

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:10 am

I love those reversible covers!