"DragonBall Online" Trailer

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 am

This looks awesome, I just hope the character creation has a lot of different features so that everyone doesn't end up running around with the same character.
Trans rights, now!

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:53 am

This game is a must have!
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 pm

If this game has Radditz vs. Farmer in a game, then it's a buy! :lol:

Seriously, I think that the aspect of helping the Z-Warriors with their battles in the past is awesome. I don't care how much this game is or how long we have to wait, I want it! :D
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:49 am

My friend sent me this link, apparently there's more info about the game: http://www.curse.com/articles/details/6559/ it talks a little bit about the races (even majins) and gameplay and stuff. This is looking cooler and cooler with each bit of info.
Trans rights, now!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 am

Now that's a creepy race idea. Buu seemed to be the only majin in the DB world but now they're making a race based off him?... With different genders?... That can have children?... And to think they have that but apparently no saiya-jins. :P

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 am

Metrite wrote:That can have children?
Oh, this is going towards a very dark place.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:06 am

Great, a new Majin Buu-like creature, now they'll likely have more Freeza-like guys running around the place, or a shit-ton of Androids. :roll:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 am

... There should sooo be Neko majins. Well, ok, there were only 28 known in the world... but still!
... Where would a race of Buus have come from? Buu didn't like... explode and mutate the inhabtants of candyland so that over the time between Z and DBO, they formed a civilization? :?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:20 am

tarrin4ever wrote:Going by the gameplay video, this is starting to look extremely derivative of WOW.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I used to be heavily into WoW, and this looks very similar. It may be the thing that gets me back on the MMO sauce.

But yeah, really hoping for a US release...(and hopefully and Xbox360 one of that too) :)

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Oh man. Majin race. I'm totally sold.

Wonder how the finer points of the marriage system are going to work...

And I'm rather curious if those weapon sheets actually mention the class names.
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 pm

New info on official dbo website.

WORLDWIDE RELEASE!

http://www.ntl-kk.com/dboreport.html

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:44 pm

backthen wrote:New info on official dbo website.

WORLDWIDE RELEASE!

http://www.ntl-kk.com/dboreport.html
Translate please, and when?

PerfectEnigma

Post by PerfectEnigma » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:14 pm

sangofe wrote: Translate please, and when?
I used Google Translate and this is what I got. Granted Google Translate isn't the best quality of translation.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Here's my personal translation. There doesn't appear to be anything concrete about a worldwide release.

I'll probably have to go back and correct the name spellings.
On February 14th, 2008, the South Korean press corps were invited to a press conference at the Seoul Hotel in Seoul, South Korea.

With many expectant glances from the media, the companies concerned gave a greeting, introduced the development system, showed a demo movie, and announced much of the content. The presentation was led by John Youngju, well-known from South Korea’s game television program, who seemed enthusiastic going into the presentation.

“The MMORPG market is still in a transitional period, in both Japan and the West. From South Korea, a new wave will be created that will spread out to the entire world, and we are confident that Dragon Ball Online will lead the way.” said Yoshiaki Emoto, the president of Bandai Korea. His speech predicted that a new movement will be created, which he anticipates will start from South Korea with Dragon Ball Online.

Kazuhiko Torishima, the director of Shueisha, which publishes the magazine Shounen Jump that gave birth to Dragon Ball, relayed a message from Akira Toriyama, the author of the original work: “I’m glad that people will be able to enjoy this new Dragon Ball world that so much effort was put into, whether by themselves or as a group.”

It was announced that for five years Akira Toriyama had immersed himself in making character designs and providing editorial supervision for the game, and the author himself revealed that he was concentrating his effort on Dragon Ball Online!

The person in charge of Dragon Ball Online’s management is the representative of CJ Internet, John Yongju, who says that he first came across Dragon Ball when he was in university. His speech showed the depth of his feelings towards Dragon Ball.

He talked about how, from the time two years ago when he became involved with the project until the present, he has along with Bandai Korea and NTL been making enthusiastic preparations towards opening service.

Bandai Namco’s Daisuke Uchiyama, who has produced many Dragon Ball games for the PS2 and other home consoles, said that “We hope that children throughout the entire world will play in this new Dragon Ball world in online gaming.” He said that the challenge is to create the next Dragon Ball world on the new platform of online PC gaming. He expects Dragon Ball Online to surpass the concepts of all previous Dragon Ball games.

The president and chief producer of the company developing Dragon Ball Online (NTL), Tamaya Naoto, revealed that NTL is a company that exists to make Dragon Ball Online, and that the whole staff is zealously working night and day to develop the game. Also, it was announced that the musical director for the game would be Yuuzou Koshiro.

There’s no successfully precedent for a work of this scale being jointly made between Japan and Korea, so there’s a lot of pressure in that way, but they felt that while the game’s development progresses they have been passionate and confident, and the differences between the two regions have not been a problem. Dragon Ball Online was tackled by an elite staff from Japan and Korea. This new arrangement has constructed a new world…they look forward to Dragon Ball Online’s completion.

Moving on, the company’s development supervisor Kouji Takamiya explained the worldview of Dragon Ball Online.

Since Dragon Ball is such a famous work, Mr. Takamiya is worried about being able to live up to the fans’ expectations. “We’ve been happy to put in a lot of elements in the MMORPG system that match the original work, as well as some things that will tease fans of the original. There’ll be things like that which we hope people will enjoy.” He hinted that there will be a lot of Easter eggs hidden in the game.

“With Dragon Ball Online, we want to create a world that will faithfully reproduce fans’ expectations about the world of the original, while at the same time creating a new world that will in some ways go against those expectations.” He boldly concluded.
For the record, Kazuhiko Torishima was Toriyama's original editor, and the basis for the character Dr. Mashirito in Dr. Slump. I guess he's moved up since then.
Last edited by Herms on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I know someone I must show that Majin artwork to. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:If this game has Radditz vs. Farmer in a game, then it's a buy! :lol:

Seriously, I think that the aspect of helping the Z-Warriors with their battles in the past is awesome. I don't care how much this game is or how long we have to wait, I want it! :D
I smell about ninety million dollars worth of sales from FanFic writers right there.

And I'm sold on this. I'll probably upgrade my computer just for this.

(Office computer from like 2000. No ram, no graphics, 30 gig of memory, but I'm working on that one already).

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:13 am

I just cannot get over the Majins. They look awesome. Tentacle hair!

I wonder if the women are more violent by default (Just like humanity am I right fellas hohohoho oh god I'm kidding don't hurt me)

...Actually, come to think of it, how do they exist? Did Buu just get bored someday and start tearing pieces off himself to make kids to play with?
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:18 am

Maybe Buu's waste contaminated the water supply and mutated a bunch of people.
... Never mind. o.o

Gasp, did a developer express concern about meeting he fans' expectations? :D :D :D :D :D

... He fans. o.o.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm

I really love those Majin designs.

I'm actually excited about this game, I'm definitely going to give it a try once it's released (even if it doesn't get an english release)

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:35 pm

I don't really think I'll give a damn if this game is just released in Japan. I just want it! :twisted: