"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
PhoenixEX
Regular
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am
Location: New York

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 am

I just got in. I'm simply going by the name "Carlos" (my actual name).
IMO, the Hub is really ugly; so bland and stiff. I'm getting it for the PS4 so I'm betting that it'll look better on there, but, they should really fix the stiffness of the characters.
Time to try out an actual battle!

EDIT: Just tried out a battle. While I do like it better than Battle of Z, I didn't enjoy it that much. The button layout is good but the characters feel so slow imo. Very glitchy too.
This game needs a lot of tweaking for sure.
Last edited by PhoenixEX on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
One World. 🌐 🕊

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Still trying to get in, been at it for a hour now.
*Still furiously mashing X*
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14 am

Quebaz wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Still trying to get in, been at it for a hour now.
*Still furiously mashing X*
I may need a new controller after this. Better bring out the fight stick.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:31 am

Here's a fun one. I did a mission with 2 other players. When we defeated Piccolo and Gohan, two of us froze and camera focused on the third. No clear screen. Eventually one of them gave up and quit the game and it went to the clear screen and I got to keep my items lol
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:33 am

Rukura wrote:Here's a fun one. I did a mission with 2 other players. When we defeated Piccolo and Gohan, two of us froze and camera focused on the third. No clear screen. Eventually one of them gave up and quit the game and it went to the clear screen and I got to keep my items lol
It's actually good for things like that to happen so they can become known to the devs. Better to have it happen now and be fixed instead of slipping into the final product.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Better to have it happen now and be fixed instead of slipping into the final product.
Let's not fool ourselves, stuff like this is still gonna happen all the time.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:38 am

PhoenixEX wrote:I just got in. I'm simply going by the name "Carlos" (my actual name).
IMO, the Hub is really ugly; so bland and stiff. I'm getting it for the PS4 so I'm betting that it'll look better on there, but, they should really fix the stiffness of the characters.
Time to try out an actual battle!

EDIT: Just tried out a battle. While I do like it better than Battle of Z, I didn't enjoy it that much. The button layout is good but the characters feel so slow imo. Very glitchy too.
This game needs a lot of tweaking for sure.
I know what you mean, but after playing for a bit and getting used to the controls, I'm starting to enjoy it. No longer getting dominated by the CPU :D Starting to parry attacks now, fairly easy to do. Now all I need to do is get used to vanishing and get to know the combo strings and that, then I'll probably head over to the multiplayer hub.

My only gripe perhaps is that you can only aura boost downwards when not locked on to the opponent. I guess if you're focusing beat your opponent to a pulp though it shouldn't be a big deal. The game's not as smooth feeling as I thought it would be though.

Btw, are you able to follow up and home on the opponent after a knock back, specifically an aura boost + /\ attack? If so, how?
Last edited by DonieZ on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:40 am

Rukura wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Better to have it happen now and be fixed instead of slipping into the final product.
Let's not fool ourselves, stuff like this is still gonna happen all the time.
Regardless, the less that makes it in the better.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
PhoenixEX
Regular
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am
Location: New York

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:42 am

No, for some reason when they attack I can't follow up with a counterattack. I also hope that's changed for the final release. There's still time left.

I'm hoping that 2016's Dragon Ball video game is a 2.5D fighter like the Budokai series and Burst Limit. I miss these kind of DB games.
One World. 🌐 🕊

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 am

Played for 20 minutes before it gave out. Still got to keep all the stuff from wednesday's UK beta. Have all the skills bought, still trying to get that Saiyan Armor. I'll be online later on tonight.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:48 am

Still trying to get on....I WILL NOT FALTER!

Image
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 am

The beta's acting up again. Think I'll try go on later.

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:57 am

Got in, played 3 online matches and 2 missions and then it stopped working, hopefully I won't have to wait another hour again to get in xD. Also for the love of god, what is wrong with the Gohan part of the "Saiyan Blood" mission? It has 2 songs playing at the same time as soon as he enters the arena.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 am

I need to do that mission with you, Quebaz. I cannot get Gohan to show up :P

And I can't seem to find anyone from the forum around.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 am

Looks like I'm not the only one with trouble getting in.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5153
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: The Crossroads

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Big Momma » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 am

Just got in and had my first match. I lost but it was a blast! My PSN is "Kamehamazing" and my character's name is "Big Daddy." I'm down for fights or missions.


If you see me give me a Salute. I saw CashmanX running around. :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

User avatar
samuraix123
I Live Here
Posts: 3816
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:31 am

So far I haven't had any trouble getting into games or the city. how do I do the super moves like Kamehameha and stuff guys? also....I hate to say it...but I have more fun running around in the city more than I do actually fighting. I just don't like fighting 4 or 5 people at one time. just isn't fun to me that way. I have a hard time keeping up with my opponent(s) I do like the fighting better in this than Battle of Z. But in my opinion the funnest and easiest fighting mechanic was in Raging blast 2.(and I love fighting games like Street Fighters,Mortal Kombat etc)
Also took a pic for you guys! :P :D
Image
I'll be back this evening to read any replies I might get.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 am

Managed to get in on my third try, the first time. Had to do a hard reset because it froze. Mashing that X button right now.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 am

After 3 hours of attempts, I am in.

Look for Kental, got a Goku color scheme going on.

Also look out for Kim and Esca.

PSN is OneWingGamer
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:04 am

Right now the thing I hate the most is the Hub world necause it doesn't load all the players right away, so most of the time even if you know someone is there he won't appear.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Post Reply