The list above is for 100% confirmed characters...samuraix123 wrote:No Paikuhan? ahhh man.....sintzu wrote:gokujollyr wrote:Can someone please post a list of all Absolutely confirmed characters? 'm way too confused and its making me sad
vegeta
vegito
kid gohan
teen gohan
mystic gohan
kid trunks
future trunks
goten
gotenks
piccolo
yamcha
Tenshinhan
krillin
raditz
nappa
saibamen
captian ginyu
burter
recoom
jeice
guldo
Freeza
#17
#18
cell
cell jr
majin buu
super buu
kid buu
mr.satan
bardock
mira
towa
"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
- Thanos
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1671
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
- Location: South Korea
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
So, I know it was just a network test, butam I to presume all CaCs (at least within the races/genders) have the same melee combos, or can those be customized/purchased?
I was Thanos before the MCU existed!
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Sergio said in his latest video that you will be able to choose between fighting styles.Thanos wrote:So, I know it was just a network test, butam I to presume all CaCs (at least within the races/genders) have the same melee combos, or can those be customized/purchased?
- Thanos
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1671
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
- Location: South Korea
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Sick. I hope there's a sword style! I know you can have sword accessories, but I wonder if they're just props?Quebaz wrote:Thanos wrote: Sergio said in his latest video that you will be able to choose between fighting styles.
I was Thanos before the MCU existed!
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
So much wrong with that...DarkPrince_92 wrote:I want to say this is highly questionable. A Playable Demo in December and a Feb. 24th 2015 Release date. Don't know if that's worldwide or for Japan, UK, US... well, I'll leave the speculating up to you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5yQjOIZPDU
1. It's from some Wiki.
2. It's not a Budokai game.
3. No legit news comes from a fan's Youtube video.
4. No release date announced.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community
- omegalucas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
- Location: Portugal
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese?
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere!
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere!
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Looks like that was taken from Dragon Ball Wiki.Avenged wrote:So much wrong with that...
1. It's from some Wiki.
2. It's not a Budokai game.
3. No legit news comes from a fan's Youtube video.
4. No release date announced.
The game isn't part of the Budokai series, it's a series of its own.
Bandai Namco's more popular in Europe than US so if they were to include Portuguese then chances it'd be Portuguese of Portugal than Brazilian.omegalucas wrote:Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese?![]()
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- omegalucas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
- Location: Portugal
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Pretty sure the videogames they already translated to Portuguese were PT-BR. Like Battle of Z.dbboxkaifan wrote: Bandai Namco's more popular in Europe than US so if they were to include Portuguese then chances it'd be Portuguese of Portugal than Brazilian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0c0bhv_28
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)omegalucas wrote:Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese?![]()
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere!
Edit: Went in to check and Burst Limit doesn't have Portuguese subtitles at all, however I'm sure the other games do have, as shown by omegalucas's video.
Last edited by Quebaz on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- TheGameTagerZ
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Xenoverse interview done. Asked a mix of questions from here and the Dragon Ball Games fan page on facebook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTt2dCHqts
This guy is the Localization Producer for Bandai Namco Games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTt2dCHqts
This guy is the Localization Producer for Bandai Namco Games.
- omegalucas
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
- Location: Portugal
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Had no idea. Hopefully the Steam version will have access to all the languages.Quebaz wrote: All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
With Steam you just need to change the Interface's language to get the game run in the language you want (If it is avaliable), and it normally doesn't make the distinction of PT-PT and PT-BR so it should be fine.omegalucas wrote:Had no idea. Hopefully the Steam version will have access to all the languages.Quebaz wrote: All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Was a bit disappointed that part of my transformation question couldn't be answered for the time being, though they way he hesitated with his reply seems to imply that we're right in assuming Freeza's forms are separate. Will still wait and see though. Another portion of my question was indirectly addressed too when he mentioned they are still tweaking how ki gauges could work in the final game, but that doesn't really cover why they they are Ultimate Attacks that only grant you one form at a time.TheGameTagerZ wrote:Xenoverse interview done. Asked a mix of questions from here and the Dragon Ball Games fan page on facebook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTt2dCHqts
This guy is the Localization Producer for Bandai Namco Games.
I see a lot of people interviewed for DBZ games that either just talk out their ass, can't answer something or legitimately don't know information (making you wonder why they even bothered). This one seems to actually have a bit of an understanding of things though (despite his position), judging from how he was responding and such. Occasionally some of the questions seemed be worded oddly and thus caused confusion, but overall it didn't seem to be an entire waste of time and he would even ramble a bit to provide some background details that weren't really required to answer the question.
Anyway, something else besides my question caught my attention....did I hear a seemingly intelligent DB game representative actually talk about looking into the possibility of LEGITIMATE DLC to expand on the game POST LAUNCH, all on his own? Without being asked about DLC in the first place? As in, not little packets to unlock stupid little super strength versions of characters that are already on the disc, but potential quests and stuff (from the way he was talking)?
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- DarkPrince_92
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3495
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
- Location: Glendale, CA
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I mean I think the interview is somewhat solid, despite him not knowing a great deal as far as gameplay... remember his job is the game's localization and translation overseas. You shouldn't expect him to know a great deal on game mechanics and whatnot.
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Well, the actual portion about transformations being Ulitmate Attacks and all that wasn't even asked, so it wouldn't matter how much info he had on mechanics of the game.
As for the bit about Freeza's transformations being separate, I would think he should know that. Since he oversees localization for us, he should know if some forms are on the character select screen. He should presumably be checking these things for errors as part of his job, nay? (Which is presumably why he declined to answer instead of saying he doesn't know.)
As for the bit about Freeza's transformations being separate, I would think he should know that. Since he oversees localization for us, he should know if some forms are on the character select screen. He should presumably be checking these things for errors as part of his job, nay? (Which is presumably why he declined to answer instead of saying he doesn't know.)
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
If Mr. Popo isn't a playable character then at least it's possible to make him out of a Black Saiyan (just like he looks on the manga/anime).
CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Super Saiyajin Luffy
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
- Location: Gensokyo
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Black Majin would be most likely the better option, who knows, they might get Mr. Popo eyes. I know that they got Mr. Popo eyes in DBO....dbboxkaifan wrote:If Mr. Popo isn't a playable character then at least it's possible to make him out of a Black Saiyan (just like he looks on the manga/anime).
CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
Oh yes the Majin race is included so it's definitely more suitable than Black Saiyans.
My only concern with this game is the dashing everything else I'm okay with it.
My only concern with this game is the dashing everything else I'm okay with it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- TheGameTagerZ
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
I'm sure he does know but like every PR person they have to make the game look good. They have to sell you something. If they tell you things that you don't want to hear that's a potential loss sale.TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Well, the actual portion about transformations being Ulitmate Attacks and all that wasn't even asked, so it wouldn't matter how much info he had on mechanics of the game.
As for the bit about Freeza's transformations being separate, I would think he should know that. Since he oversees localization for us, he should know if some forms are on the character select screen. He should presumably be checking these things for errors as part of his job, nay? (Which is presumably why he declined to answer instead of saying he doesn't know.)
But I do understand you. I avoided some questions for the fact that it was obvious that it wouldn't be answered. I tried to dig into questions that weren't soft but not hard enough so that I could get something out of it if that makes any sense.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th
try to make jiaozi with cac if you can, loldbboxkaifan wrote: CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.








