Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by emperior » Fri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm

The list makes more sense now, except for the fact Gohan still looks too OP at beginning of GT and if he was that much stronger than Metal Rildo then explain me why he had a hard time against him.
Also he has lost his ultimate powers has he can go super saiyan and Old Kai explained to him that for going Mystic he had to go SSJ.
I also find your GT levels from Baby Saga onwards to damn high. And Goku SSJ4 is told to be as strong as Super Vegeth. If Super Vegeth is just 6'000 and Goku as a SSJ4 by Evil Dragons Arc is 1'350''000 then its messed up. Also find it hard to believe Pan is stronger than SSJGOD Goku by the end of GT.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri May 08, 2015 2:32 pm

emperior wrote:The list makes more sense now, except for the fact Gohan still looks too OP at beginning of GT and if he was that much stronger than Metal Rildo then explain me why he had a hard time against him.
Gohan only fought Rild in base.
Also he has lost his ultimate powers has he can go super saiyan and Old Kai explained to him that for going Mystic he had to go SSJ.
That's never stated. He still has his Ultimate-exclusive traits in GT.
I also find your GT levels from Baby Saga onwards to damn high.
It's a bloated series.
And Goku SSJ4 is told to be as strong as Super Vegeth. If Super Vegeth is just 6'000 and Goku as a SSJ4 by Evil Dragons Arc is 1'350''000 then its messed up.
It's invalidated by the show. Super Baby 1 is above Super Vegetto confirmed by SBV1 and backed by Goku.
Also find it hard to believe Pan is stronger than SSJGOD Goku by the end of GT.
There's nothing going against it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 08, 2015 10:55 pm

One, shouldn't Freeza's Golden form be x50 off his "70%?" I may be wrong, but it looks like the intent there was to make it like SS... and his base form is technically his "70% form".
As already mentioned, Freeza goes from being weaker to Goku before they transform to stronger than him, so putting it on his base would require a completely different (and really random) multiplier. Plus, Golden Freeza has pretty much the same drawback as his 100% form, and the 50x multiplier on 100% makes things fit pretty well I think.
Τhe manga adaptation shows that SbG Goku is around the same level as SSG Goku, like we are told/shown in BoG.
How? The image of Super Saiyan God Goku behind Goku? I don't think that makes them around the same level. If I recall, Toyotaro used a Super Saiyan 3 behind Super Saiyan 1/2 Beat to foreshadow the transformation, it doesn't mean Beat was actually that strong.

So I think that's just a symbolic scene to foreshadow that Goku would use the God power again, because SSGSS couldn't be shown.
Shouldn't Vegeta be weaker than Goku? He nervously declined fighting Freeza before Goku beat him. I think that would mark Goku as marginally superior, at least. Oh, and apparently Goku + Vegeta together can fight evenly with Beerus, so they should both be stronger. Though, Beerus can still easily defeat them individually, since a team-up of Goku and Vegeta was said to be enough to draw with Beerus and easily defeat Golden Freeza (who's on par with them individually; slightly stronger, but lacking in stamina).
I don't think being nervous against Freeza makes him weaker, because Freeza was still stronger than Goku as well. Without knowing about the drawback, that'd be a good reason to decline fighting. For now I'm just leaving them as roughly the same.

Didn't know they could fight evenly with Beerus. Ehh... is there any range where they'd be able to team up against Beerus without base Goku being too strong for Oob at the end? I feel he's already pushing it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 am

Saiga wrote:How? The image of Super Saiyan God Goku behind Goku? I don't think that makes them around the same level. If I recall, Toyotaro used a Super Saiyan 3 behind Super Saiyan 1/2 Beat to foreshadow the transformation, it doesn't mean Beat was actually that strong.

So I think that's just a symbolic scene to foreshadow that Goku would use the God power again, because SSGSS couldn't be shown.
It's not the same thing. Beat had his SS3 image behind him because Beat almost transformed into a SS3, since he was powering-up as much as he could & was using all of his power to free himself. But in this case, the image of SSG Goku behind Goku is there to tell us that this Goku isn't normal base Goku, but base Goku with the power of SSG.

Besides, why would Toyotaro foreshadow something that doesn't even appear in his manga? SSG Goku's image doesn't appear in the actual movie, nor is it mentioned in Toriyama's script.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Saiga wrote:How? The image of Super Saiyan God Goku behind Goku? I don't think that makes them around the same level. If I recall, Toyotaro used a Super Saiyan 3 behind Super Saiyan 1/2 Beat to foreshadow the transformation, it doesn't mean Beat was actually that strong.

It's not the same thing. Beat had his SS3 image behind him because Beat almost transformed into a SS3, since he was powering-up as much as he could & was using all of his power to free himself. But in this case, the image of SSG Goku behind Goku is there to tell us that this Goku isn't normal base Goku, but base Goku with the power of SSG.

Besides, why would Toyotaro foreshadow something that doesn't even appear in his manga? SSG Goku's image doesn't appear in the actual movie, nor is it mentioned in Toriyama's script.
Because the manga was made entirely to set up the movie. It sets up Freeza's new form despite it not appearing.

I don't see how the image meaning Goku = SSG is the only interpretation to take... or even the most likely one. Given that base Goku really doesn't appear to be on par with Beerus, but SSGSS Goku is, I think there's a big gap.

I also think the best interpretation is to go by what Toyotaro's already done. Foreshadowing a new transformation. Giving them completely different explanations for such similar usage of imagery doesn't seem right to me at all.

Also, pointing out that it doesn't appear in the movie or script just makes me feel it's better to take it as a case of foreshadowing than something to base power off of. Because that means the movie and script lacked anything to connect Goku's base form with Super Saiyan God in power, and why leave it up to Toyotaro to add that?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 am

Saiga wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:

Because the manga was made entirely to set up the movie. It sets up Freeza's new form despite it not appearing.

I don't see how the image meaning Goku = SSG is the only interpretation to take... or even the most likely one. Given that base Goku really doesn't appear to be on par with Beerus, but SSGSS Goku is, I think there's a big gap.

I also think the best interpretation is to go by what Toyotaro's already done. Foreshadowing a new transformation. Giving them completely different explanations for such similar usage of imagery doesn't seem right to me at all.

Also, pointing out that it doesn't appear in the movie or script just makes me feel it's better to take it as a case of foreshadowing than something to base power off of. Because that means the movie and script lacked anything to connect Goku's base form with Super Saiyan God in power, and why leave it up to Toyotaro to add that?
SSGSS is not on par with Beerus. Golden Freeza was temporarily overpowering SSGSS Goku but but scared shitless of Beerus and Beerus wasn't worried about him at all. Whis said that only by Goku and Vegeta working together would they have a chance to beat Beerus (probably only by using fusion).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 09, 2015 11:18 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
emperior wrote:The list makes more sense now, except for the fact Gohan still looks too OP at beginning of GT and if he was that much stronger than Metal Rildo then explain me why he had a hard time against him.
Gohan only fought Rild in base.
That's never stated. He still has his Ultimate-exclusive traits in GT.
I also find your GT levels from Baby Saga onwards to damn high.
It's a bloated series.
And Goku SSJ4 is told to be as strong as Super Vegeth. If Super Vegeth is just 6'000 and Goku as a SSJ4 by Evil Dragons Arc is 1'350''000 then its messed up.
It's invalidated by the show. Super Baby 1 is above Super Vegetto confirmed by SBV1 and backed by Goku.
Also find it hard to believe Pan is stronger than SSJGOD Goku by the end of GT.
There's nothing going against it.

- Still, if he was that stronger than Rildo then he could have turn SSJ and stomp him even when he was immobilized.
- He has lost his Mystic form or he wouldn't be able to turn SSJ. We can see this as one of the many inconsistencies by the producers of the show though.
- Still no way SS4 Goku is so absurdly stronger than Super Vegeth. He couldn't even lift a building.
- So you are claiming Pan could solo ALL of DBZ in her base form while 10 years old? This is stupid. All of GT is stupid though, feels like wasting our times trying to guess GT power levels where all of GT is messed up.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 11:31 am

- Still, if he was that stronger than Rildo then he could have turn SSJ and stomp him even when he was immobilized.
The fight didn't last very long before Majuub stepped in and one-shotted Rild before Gohan had the chance.
- He has lost his Mystic form or he wouldn't be able to turn SSJ. We can see this as one of the many inconsistencies by the producers of the show though.
Is that ever stated? Or just conjecture?
- Still no way SS4 Goku is so absurdly stronger than Super Vegeth. He couldn't even lift a building.
Yes there is a way he's much stronger than Super Vegetto. Not being able to lift a building is just an inconsistency, but it's not like Z lacks those.
- So you are claiming Pan could solo ALL of DBZ in her base form while 10 years old? This is stupid.
What's stupid is letting your personal bias cloud your judgement on a character and basing it off the fact that she's 10 or a girl. Pan has feats to place her on par with Base Goku in the Evil Dragons arc, and where I place him is up to me, if it falls at a level where he can solo all of Z in his base form, then so can Pan.
All of GT is stupid though, feels like wasting our times trying to guess GT power levels where all of GT is messed up.
Typical excuse made by people who haven't even seen the full show and go with what everybody else says. Yes, Toei isn't known for their consistency, but god forbid someone actually sit down and analyze the material and piece things together instead of the typical Derp! GT logic!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 09, 2015 11:38 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
The fight didn't last very long before Majuub stepped in and one-shotted Rild before Gohan had the chance.
Is that ever stated? Or just conjecture?
Yes there is a way he's much stronger than Super Vegetto. Not being able to lift a building is just an inconsistency, but it's not like Z lacks those.
- So you are claiming Pan could solo ALL of DBZ in her base form while 10 years old? This is stupid.
What's stupid is letting your personal bias cloud your judgement on a character and basing it off the fact that she's 10 or a girl. Pan has feats to place her on par with Base Goku in the Evil Dragons arc, and where I place him is up to me, if it falls at a level where he can solo all of Z in his base form, then so can Pan.
All of GT is stupid though, feels like wasting our times trying to guess GT power levels where all of GT is messed up.
Typical excuse made by people who haven't even seen the full show and go with what everybody else says. Yes, Toei isn't known for their consistency, but god forbid someone actually sit down and analyze the material and piece things together instead of the typical Derp! GT logic!

I've seen enough of GT. I don't remember piece by piece obviously, last time I saw it was years ago and I don't like it enough to watch again.
If you want to make power levels don't be biased. I could say when Goku first turned SSJ he was so enraged that he was a strong as a SSJGod, and Frieza's 100% was just an incomplete version of his golden form with the drawback of consuming his Ki during time.
Doesn't mean this is accurate though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 11:41 am

I'm not being biased. There's nothing contradicting the list I made, it's 'accuracy' is purely subjective.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Here's my numbers for the 22nd Budokai, Piccolo Daimao Saga, and 23rd Budokai..

Goku (22nd Budokai) : 125 (Match use)
150 (All-out)

Krillin (22nd Budokai): 124

Yamcha (22nd Budokai): 120 ; Krillin says he's about as good as he is

Jackie Chun: 145

Chiaotzu (22nd Budokai): 95

King Chappa (22nd Budokai): 90

Tsuru-sennin: 120

Tenshinhan (22nd Budokai): 120 (@ Yamcha)
150 ; Him and Goku were practically even

Goku (Holy Divine Water): 230

Tamborine: 145 ; Goku brutalized him

Yajirobe: 140

Piccolo Daimao (old): 155 (50% Power)

Piccolo Daimao (young): 230

Goku (weighted): 200 - 230 (Suppressed) ;estimate
250 (Shockwave Fist)
260 (Less Suppressed)

Goku (unweighted): 324 (Suppressed)

Krillin (23rd Budokai): 203

Yamcha (23rd Budokai): 195 ; I think Yamcha was more focused on his relationship with Bulma and baseball career than training over the five year timeskip so he got weaker

Tenshinhan (23rd Budokai): 250

Chiaotzu (23rd Budokai): 120

Chi-Chi: 155 or 160 ; Was powerful enough to keep the suppressed weighted Goku somewhat on his toes, gain praise from Roshi, and respect from the crew

Cyborg Tao: 150 ; Did considerably worse against Ten than Chi-Chi did against Goku
210 (Super Dodompa)

Piccolo (weighted): 200 - 230 (suppressed) ; estimate

Piccolo (unweighted): 397

Shen (Kami): 260

King Chappa (23rd Budokai): 112 ; He trained out of wounded pride so I don't see him getting too much stronger
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 1:18 pm

So I finally caved in and made a list for BoG/FnF, any errors or things you would change?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:21 pm

THOSE NUMBERS ARE RIDICULOUSLY HIGH!! :o
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, I have Freeza getting 1,000,000,000,000,000x stronger with 4 months of training Image

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 3:21 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Yeah, I have Freeza getting 1,000,000,000,000,000x stronger with 4 months of training Image
No you don't? Not unless his original BP was in the single digits anyway.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Isn't Freeza at 120,000,000 in the Daizenshuu?

120,000,000 x 1,000,000,000,000,000 = 120,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Nevermind. I wasn't actually looking at the math with my own eyes and was just trusting the calculator...which was cutting off numbers because it doesn't go that high. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Why not going the AT road when comparing Whis, Bills and SSG Goku? Using 15, 10, 7 and adding all the zeros.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Did we ever find out if that whole "Freeza's battle power rose to 1.37 million!" rumor was accurate? If not, was any number given at all?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun May 10, 2015 11:30 pm

emperior wrote:Why not going the AT road when comparing Whis, Bills and SSG Goku? Using 15, 10, 7 and adding all the zeros.
Raspberry Goku was a 6 not a 7
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks