Podcast Episode 200 Celebration / Party / Something?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:32 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:OLD PEOPLE? Good lord man, it's not like we're ancient relics ;p
Don't you know that nobody was alive 50 years ago? So if you're over 20 you're super-ancient.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 am

Herms wrote:Don't you know that nobody was alive 50 years ago? So if you're over 20 you're super-ancient.
I dunno about that, but I do know that if you're over 80 you're on bonus time, so all you need to buy from the supermarket is hairnets and dog food.

The real question here is "Où est la plume de mon oncle?"

-Corey

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:24 am

La plume de mon oncle est binghy, bonghy, boogie, bonghy.

Always useful to know when you’re stuck in a queue with some murderers.
MajinVejitaXV wrote: -Mr. Dog
You should really think about changing that name.
Last edited by Herms on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 am

We better have some kind of Otakon party to make up for me not coming to this one.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 am

Herms wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:OLD PEOPLE? Good lord man, it's not like we're ancient relics ;p
Don't you know that nobody was alive 50 years ago? So if you're over 20 you're super-ancient.
Damn I'm an antic pervert, that makes me also pedophile I presume....
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 am

OK...! Trying to get a more solid grasp on who's coming. Need to start figuring out some numbers so I can make some calls and get some quotes. Reading through various places, here's the list of people I've seen as pretty-solidly-confirmed (and where you've confirmed to me, mostly so I can keep track):

- SSj Kaboom (Forum / Facebook)
- Hujio (Forum)
- kinoko (Forum)
- MajinVejitaXV (Forum)
- Albert (Twitter)

That's ignoring friends of the show and such that will probably come along.

The following people haven't given me anything solid enough to go off of, but say they're interested (I realize that not everyone works Monday-Friday and can plan on a weekend being free):

- Chuquita (Forum)
- Gozar (Forum)
- Li'l Lemmy (Forum)
- Krakabeast (Forum)
- Kirbopher (Forum)
- Patrick (Facebook)
- Jeremias (Facebook)

So... yeah, so far it's mostly JUST MY FRIENDS COMING TO HANG OUT WITH ME AGAIN... :P. It's OK, it's OK...! I can handle it.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking about doing the party Saturday, December 5th. Saturday probably works better for most people, I'd assume. Does that help any of the "Maybe" people out at all?

From this point on, please only respond if you're planning on / are trying to come... while I appreciate all the, "I'd love to, but I can't!" posts... it's not a help at this point in the game ^_~.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 am

Consider me there. I have a car and I think I only live about 30mins-1 hour away. I might bring some friends along too, but that's just a maybe. I'll let you know as the date closes in.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:03 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:I might bring some friends along too, but that's just a maybe.
Ooooh, good point.

I should know if you're bringing anyone, since that affects the total number of people and the size of the place I'm looking at.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 pm

I'll be going, too... and I'm going to bring someone to take me. Like I said earlier, it'll probably be my mom or dad. I am only 13, but that doesn't seem the biggest problem here. Anyway, can't wait!!!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:17 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I'll be going, too... and I'm going to bring someone to take me. Like I said earlier, it'll probably be my mom or dad. I am only 13, but that doesn't seem the biggest problem here. Anyway, can't wait!!!
I'm going to be honest... a 13 year old with their mom or dad isn't really the right kind of audience for this.

(And if we do 21+, you won't be able to get in, anyway...)

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:44 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DBZfan29 wrote:I'll be going, too... and I'm going to bring someone to take me. Like I said earlier, it'll probably be my mom or dad. I am only 13, but that doesn't seem the biggest problem here. Anyway, can't wait!!!
I'm going to be honest... a 13 year old with their mom or dad isn't really the right kind of audience for this.

(And if we do 21+, you won't be able to get in, anyway...)
OK, then. I guess I can't go. :( Please stream the party or something, then!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Rod wrote:Meh, I'm 1000 miles away and it would probably be awkward for me to be with old people since I'm 17
OLD PEOPLE? Good lord man, it's not like we're ancient relics ;p

-Corey
lol I knew someone would react like that :P

HoustonRH7

Post by HoustonRH7 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 am

So, I'm from Arkansas (Fayetteville), and might actually consider going were I able to pick up 2 to 4 other people who would be willing to split gas and a cheap hotel. The major cities I would hit on the way would be St Louis, MO, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Columbus, OH. Kansas City and Pittsburgh, PA would also both be relatively easy detours, if there were interested individuals there. Anyone up for a hell of a roadtrip?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:18 am

HoustonRH7 wrote:So, I'm from Arkansas (Fayetteville), and might actually consider going were I able to pick up 2 to 4 other people who would be willing to split gas and a cheap hotel. The major cities I would hit on the way would be St Louis, MO, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Columbus, OH. Kansas City and Pittsburgh, PA would also both be relatively easy detours, if there were interested individuals there. Anyone up for a hell of a roadtrip?
Dude, you live one town over from me. I can't afford a road trip now though. That's funny though.

Kind of strange how we live so close and registered around the same time. Are we the same person?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
HoustonRH7 wrote:So, I'm from Arkansas (Fayetteville), and might actually consider going were I able to pick up 2 to 4 other people who would be willing to split gas and a cheap hotel. The major cities I would hit on the way would be St Louis, MO, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Columbus, OH. Kansas City and Pittsburgh, PA would also both be relatively easy detours, if there were interested individuals there. Anyone up for a hell of a roadtrip?
Dude, you live one town over from me. I can't afford a road trip now though. That's funny though.

Kind of strange how we live so close and registered around the same time. Are we the same person?
Hmm....Indianapolis, huh?....

*ponders this*
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:

Hmm....Indianapolis, huh?....

*ponders this*
Indianapolis indeed....
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:37 pm

I'd either be in Conway or Jonesboro...
I might be able to find someone in Indiana that might be interested.
This might happen... and I didn't think it was possible...!
:shock:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Double-post-quote-repetition-jutsu?
After *cough* "reviewing my schedule" and all that fun stuff, I think whether or not I'd be up for this would be dependent on how early departure would need to be, and what costs we're looking at. I kinda doubt either would be a huge problem, but the way things are conveniently falling into place here makes me think this is probably the time that specifics would be really nice to have... ^^
If this gets cluttery we can move to PMs...
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

HoustonRH7

Post by HoustonRH7 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:35 am

caejones wrote:
After *cough* "reviewing my schedule" and all that fun stuff, I think whether or not I'd be up for this would be dependent on how early departure would need to be, and what costs we're looking at. I kinda doubt either would be a huge problem, but the way things are conveniently falling into place here makes me think this is probably the time that specifics would be really nice to have... ^^
If this gets cluttery we can move to PMs...
I feel that this discussion is relevant, as this "caravan", if it happens, would be open to all members of the community.

As far as costs go... I think what's most fair is for people to only pay for the part of the trip that they will be a part of. So say we only have two people (myself included) coming from arkansas, plus one we pick up in Columbus. The two from arkansas would each pay for half of the gas from AR to OH, and half of it when returning from OH to AR, but from OH to PA and back, it would be split into thirds.

As far as actual costs go, a pretty good estimate would be five to seven dollars of gas for every hour traveled divided by the number of people traveling with us that hour.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 am

I just wanna say that you people planning these far-reaching trips are crazy :). Kinda puts pressure on me to iron out a decent place, now...