Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
In the anime at last Goku felt her crotch with his hand to check if she was a boy or girl. As he found no balls, he figured she was a girl.
Chi Chi loved him from that moment onward. Him patting her covered lady bits made her love him.
It's...kinda messed up if you think about it too much.
Chi Chi loved him from that moment onward. Him patting her covered lady bits made her love him.
It's...kinda messed up if you think about it too much.
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
I heard from a guy that the crotch-kick was a ritual of some sort in which means they are "interested".ABED wrote:I don't know about kicking her in the crotch, but he did misinterpret wedding/marriage as a type of food.
I don't think Goku ever assumed Gohan revelled in combat. I just think he underestimated Gohan's accumen for battle and his ability to draw out his dormant power.
Goku believes in his son. Gohan may have been losing at that point in the battle but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't anything he couldn't come back from. If Gohan was in real trouble, there's no doubt in my mind that Goku would jump to his aid. Goku could tell how strong Dabura was, and he told Gohan later that if he gets angry, there's no one stronger, not even him.
1. Maybe revel wasn't the right word but given Gohan's willingness to help in the past I do think Goku assumed Gohan was psychologically prepared to fight (I do remember him saying something along the lines before pinning him against Cell) which is why he neglected to fill him in on the strategy beforehand (Gohan figured out fairly quickly though).
2. Regardless, by that point of the series the Z-Senshi really should be aware by now to take enemies down as quickly as efficiently possibly because like you said, Gohan was losing regardless of his rage boost. I understand it'd make for less interesting plot but do is relying on the same old mistakes to progress it. Secondly, the things that others have done to Gohan isn't what makes him angry but rather the injustice he sees around him... which is 16's death was the final straw for him to become SSJ2... in that "enough was enough". He had an epiphany.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
- ABED
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 20513
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
- Location: Sarasota, FL
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Gohan wasn't losing regardless of his rage boost. He wasn't all that angry. The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk... er, Gohan gets. He wasn't really that upset. It was the start of the battle, and I never got the sense Gohan was losing. At worst I would say he wasn't doing as well as he should have. Finally, there's nothing that says Gohan can't get angry at things that are done to him.DBZAOTA482 wrote:I heard from a guy that the crotch-kick was a ritual of some sort in which means they are "interested".ABED wrote:I don't know about kicking her in the crotch, but he did misinterpret wedding/marriage as a type of food.
I don't think Goku ever assumed Gohan revelled in combat. I just think he underestimated Gohan's accumen for battle and his ability to draw out his dormant power.
Goku believes in his son. Gohan may have been losing at that point in the battle but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't anything he couldn't come back from. If Gohan was in real trouble, there's no doubt in my mind that Goku would jump to his aid. Goku could tell how strong Dabura was, and he told Gohan later that if he gets angry, there's no one stronger, not even him.
1. Maybe revel wasn't the right word but given Gohan's willingness to help in the past I do think Goku assumed Gohan was psychologically prepared to fight (I do remember him saying something along the lines before pinning him against Cell) which is why he neglected to fill him in on the strategy beforehand (Gohan figured out fairly quickly though).
2. Regardless, by that point of the series the Z-Senshi really should be aware by now to take enemies down as quickly as efficiently possibly because like you said, Gohan was losing regardless of his rage boost. I understand it'd make for less interesting plot but do is relying on the same old mistakes to progress it. Secondly, the things that others have done to Gohan isn't what makes him angry but rather the injustice he sees around him... which is 16's death was the final straw for him to become SSJ2... in that "enough was enough". He had an epiphany.
Back on topic, Gohan and Videl is the only couple that is written well enough. They're cute together. I'm glad Kuririn got what he always wanted, it's a shame Yamcha is forever a loser, Goku and Chichi make no sense together, and Bulma with Vegeta is awful, but at least it gave us Trunks.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
I wonder if that is what they tell their kids. But hey, we finally have a pregnant lady in BoG!Gyt Kaliba wrote:I subscribe to the popular theory that Goku was coached into it with food. And then he konked out for about a year, only to wake up to find that they had a kid, because in Dragon Ball, timeskips make babies.VyeRo wrote:How did their wedding night even go?
Timeskips are the DB equivalent of the stork myth really.
And now I'm imagining whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
xD hahaha, well, by the Buu saga Goku knew a woman needed lady parts to have a baby when he asked Krillin about 18 and their daughter, so at least Chi-Chi did manage to explain the very basics of reproduction to him. Given his attention span, yes, I also believe food was involved in some way during that lesson.VyeRo wrote:I wonder if that is what they tell their kids. But hey, we finally have a pregnant lady in BoG!Gyt Kaliba wrote:I subscribe to the popular theory that Goku was coached into it with food. And then he konked out for about a year, only to wake up to find that they had a kid, because in Dragon Ball, timeskips make babies.VyeRo wrote:How did their wedding night even go?
Timeskips are the DB equivalent of the stork myth really.![]()
And now I'm imagining whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
But whenever he started having his power increase expotentionally annd fighting hysterically, injustice was always the case. Gohan may or may not have been losing but one thing is for certain is that victory wasn't wavering in Gohan's favor because ater all, it's a rusty MSSJ Gohan fighting against a opponent who is about as strong as Suppressed Cell.ABED wrote:Gohan wasn't losing regardless of his rage boost. He wasn't all that angry. The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk... er, Gohan gets. He wasn't really that upset. It was the start of the battle, and I never got the sense Gohan was losing. At worst I would say he wasn't doing as well as he should have. Finally, there's nothing that says Gohan can't get angry at things that are done to him.DBZAOTA482 wrote:I heard from a guy that the crotch-kick was a ritual of some sort in which means they are "interested".ABED wrote:I don't know about kicking her in the crotch, but he did misinterpret wedding/marriage as a type of food.
I don't think Goku ever assumed Gohan revelled in combat. I just think he underestimated Gohan's accumen for battle and his ability to draw out his dormant power.
Goku believes in his son. Gohan may have been losing at that point in the battle but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't anything he couldn't come back from. If Gohan was in real trouble, there's no doubt in my mind that Goku would jump to his aid. Goku could tell how strong Dabura was, and he told Gohan later that if he gets angry, there's no one stronger, not even him.
1. Maybe revel wasn't the right word but given Gohan's willingness to help in the past I do think Goku assumed Gohan was psychologically prepared to fight (I do remember him saying something along the lines before pinning him against Cell) which is why he neglected to fill him in on the strategy beforehand (Gohan figured out fairly quickly though).
2. Regardless, by that point of the series the Z-Senshi really should be aware by now to take enemies down as quickly as efficiently possibly because like you said, Gohan was losing regardless of his rage boost. I understand it'd make for less interesting plot but do is relying on the same old mistakes to progress it. Secondly, the things that others have done to Gohan isn't what makes him angry but rather the injustice he sees around him... which is 16's death was the final straw for him to become SSJ2... in that "enough was enough". He had an epiphany.
Back on topic, Gohan and Videl is the only couple that is written well enough. They're cute together. I'm glad Kuririn got what he always wanted, it's a shame Yamcha is forever a loser, Goku and Chichi make no sense together, and Bulma with Vegeta is awful, but at least it gave us Trunks.
BTW Goku and Chi-Chi brought us Gohan...but then again it brought us Goten and Pan (indifectly).
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
- ABED
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 20513
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
- Location: Sarasota, FL
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
I like Goten. He's so cute and whimsical. So there's that, but I would still rather Goku end up with someone other than Chichi, or Toriyama had some desire to write romance. Goku's asexuality is played for laughs in some cases but I don't buy it. I get that his passion is for fighting but his lack of attraction to the opposite sex is disappointing, and not really believable.
I've seen the fight, and while Gohan lost a step, he could shake the ring rust. He wasn't breathing hard, and I don't think he hit full throttle. Gohan was WAY stronger than Cell. The only problem he had back then was his arm was shattered and his lack of self-confidence. He's now a teen, and seems much more sure of himself.
I've seen the fight, and while Gohan lost a step, he could shake the ring rust. He wasn't breathing hard, and I don't think he hit full throttle. Gohan was WAY stronger than Cell. The only problem he had back then was his arm was shattered and his lack of self-confidence. He's now a teen, and seems much more sure of himself.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Keep in mind I said MSSJ Gohan, who was only slightly stronger than MSSJ Goku, not SSJ2 Gohan.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
- ABED
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 20513
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
- Location: Sarasota, FL
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
I've never heard of MSSJ, what does that stand for?
Last edited by ABED on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
- DBZAOTA482
- Banned
- Posts: 6995
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Mastered Super Saiyan
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.
I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Maybe he is attracted to the opposite sex but he doesn't realize what he is feeling? Like at first he had to be educated by Chichi on how things work (lol), and he eventually grew to love it and see it as a normal occurence between husband and wife. It sure explains Goten.ABED wrote:I like Goten. He's so cute and whimsical. So there's that, but I would still rather Goku end up with someone other than Chichi, or Toriyama had some desire to write romance. Goku's asexuality is played for laughs in some cases but I don't buy it. I get that his passion is for fighting but his lack of attraction to the opposite sex is disappointing, and not really believable.
But outside of this he doesn't know how to show affection so that's why we never see him being all coupley with Chichi.
But didn't Goku and Chichi have a 'scene' in the Cell saga in the anime? Like they were kissing off-screen and there's even a figurine made out of it.
- ABED
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 20513
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
- Location: Sarasota, FL
- Contact:
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
Maybe he would need to be shown the mechanics of coitus, but attraction isn't something he would have to learn. Remember in Dragon Ball when he couldn't discern which girl was attractive when he was shown a picture of an attractive woman and a fat, ugly woman?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Couple?
He can tell now. Goku knew Bulma was much more attractive than Chi-chi so he was offering her up instead (and because Chi would kill him). He just doesn't care about that kind of stuff... like prostitution. 
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"


