Champa Arc - Will it have a main villain ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Champa Arc - Will it have a main villain ?

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 pm

That is just so stupid to me, she's not a villain.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Maybe there will be no a villain. Bat, for now, only Vados and Hit are the main suspected.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Gorou wrote:Maybe there will be no a villain. Bat, for now, only Vados and Hit are the main suspected.
why do i get a feeling that hit isn't going to be a villain? He seems too calm to be a villain. I think that monaka is more likely.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm starting to think we won't get a big villain until the arc after this tournament. Right now this arc feels very self-contained.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm starting to think we won't get a big villain until the arc after this tournament. Right now this arc feels very self-contained.
Yeah, i agree. We are too focused on this tournament (series is gonna end after this, someone here is a final/main villain), while in reality this all feels like a setup and only a beginning.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:55 pm

I dont think we have even seen the final villain of this arc either. My bet from the start is something to do with the dragon god zarama. Plus because HIT is a hitman, I think he is not the mastermind but is working for the mastermind(Not vados but someone else).

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:20 pm

I don't know if we'll have a big villain but I'm pretty confident Hit will use the cube for what it is, a plot mechanic to escape disfavored odds. Like him kidnapping someone (Vegeta because of his God Ki?) or taking the Super Dragon Balls.

Will he take it to the big boss? Don't know but I trust we won't be disappointed, this is a small arc, seems like a prologue to much bigger things and many times the powers that be only appear much later.

The Vados is a villain theory, I find it highly unlikely. The fact that it mirrors the "Whis is a villain" theory's from before says a lot about the thought process. There's also the show lacking any clues about it, Dragon Ball isn't coy. If there's something there they anticipate it, like with Hit and Monaka.

Tunjevina

Post by Tunjevina » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:53 pm

Here's a theory:

Hit want's the cube for himself because he want's to return to his Universe, and that cube is a transportation device that can carry people between the Universes. He kinda doesn't fit in U6. He is much much much stronger than the next strongest guy from U6, and his counterpart in U7 apparently doesn't exist, since Whis and Beerus would have known about him and he would be in the tournament.

So the whole tournament arc could just be a preparation to what's gonna come next, in the Universe Hit is from, which would have much stronger dudes than U6.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:04 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:That is just so stupid to me, she's not a villain.

Seriously lad...just because YOU think it is stupid doesn't mean she won't be one. We don't know yet, but to say there couldn't be any chance is just ignorant. We will just wait and see. There are many great theories out there for who may be a villain for this arc, to each their own.

Edit: @LightBing, there are clues which is what has led to the thought. It's much different then the Whis may be a villain theories that people thought of before. I just recommend watching every episode Vados had been in so far including the recent episodes. You may start to think about her in a way you hadn't. I do like your theories though too!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:44 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:Edit: @LightBing, there are clues which is what has led to the thought. It's much different then the Whis may be a villain theories that people thought of before. I just recommend watching every episode Vados had been in so far including the recent episodes. You may start to think about her in a way you hadn't. I do like your theories though too!
The only moment I can remember is between her and Champa, when the later decides to bet the Super Dragon Balls and she makes an exclamation or something like that. It's definitely suspicious but this instance would indicate both Vados and Champa as the villains, if their intentions are evil.
From only her, I don't remember any moments. She's just teases Champa a lot, kinda reminds me of Whis with a different style. Both usually communicate knowledge or advice for their Hakaishins, she just prefers to end it or add a stab to Champa. Since he's so childish and therefore responds to it, she does it all the time.

I guess there's stuff her omitting stuff like Frost's true objectives, however that doesn't seem to indicate nothing me, it's all very innocuous so far. I honestly hope you're wrong, I don't her to turn evil. I very much like her how she is.

Another possibility for a big bad, someone from Whis and Vados planet. We got confirmation in a manga chapter that they come from a planet, imagine a bunch of aliens like them. Just one bad seed would be terrifying.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:40 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:

Seriously lad...just because YOU think it is stupid doesn't mean she won't be one. We don't know yet, but to say there couldn't be any chance is just ignorant. We will just wait and see. There are many great theories out there for who may be a villain for this arc, to each their own.
So, lad, what are your thoughts after this episode?

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:

So, lad, what are your thoughts after this episode?

? My thoughts still remain the same. I don't know why you insist on trying to be rude, especially after you told someone in another thread to be positive, I'm kindly going to ask you to stop with your condescending posts.

The cube is stated to be the vehicle of the Gods <--- and if Vados promised it to Hit, then there is that possibility of what i mentioned before in this thread. You have the right to your opinion and others have the right to theirs.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 am

How am i being rude and negative? I just though that you would think differently now, because Champa knows that Vados promised Hit cube, and even asked him if shes gonna cancel that, but hes ok with that.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:57 am

Well, it's not so much that he's okay with it, it's more so him deciding to honor Vados' word which reflects upon himself if he backs down from it. It does make one wonder if Vados is purposely being reckless with her promises or if that truly were the only way to make the Universe 6 fighters participate.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:35 am

Nejishiki wrote:Well, it's not so much that he's okay with it, it's more so him deciding to honor Vados' word which reflects upon himself if he backs down from it. It does make one wonder if Vados is purposely being reckless with her promises or if that truly were the only way to make the Universe 6 fighters participate.
He was perfectly fini with it.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 am

LightBing wrote:

I guess there's stuff her omitting stuff like Frost's true objectives, however that doesn't seem to indicate nothing me, it's all very innocuous so far. I honestly hope you're wrong, I don't her to turn evil. I very much like her how she is.

Another possibility for a big bad, someone from Whis and Vados planet. We got confirmation in a manga chapter that they come from a planet, imagine a bunch of aliens like them. Just one bad seed would be terrifying.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Vados, like Whis, should be able to tell what happens in their respected universes using their magical abilities. Like how Whis showed Berrus that Frieza was defeated by Goku. Which is why both Vados and Whis wouldn't be consider evil knowing they can easily observe what happens with other characters.

You know, an antagonist who's of the same race of Whis would be awesome. Not only would they be very powerful, they'll most likely share all their magical abilities. If there's going to be a new villain introduced soon we need someone who can easily defeat the likes of Gods of Destruction, Whis and Vados.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

I think Vados is a villain, and will at least work for the villain. The way she takes advantage of Champa is hilarious. He's supposed to be the one in charge, but Vados takes what he says, twists it in her own perverted way, and then says "this is what you asked" :lol:

Look at that face. There's something sinister about her. I thought the same thing about Frost's smile when he was supposed to be good, and it turned out he was really evil.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 am

We also could in my opinion use a female villain, but I just wouldn't want her to be the final villain.

She and Champa do make me laugh regularly though. :lol:

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 am

DragonHermit wrote:
I think she looks like that to show these gods and assistants do not really care about anyone, they just do what they want. She is blowing up a planet for Super dragon balls i think that is the reason she looks like that in that shot.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 pm

It would be a nice subversion if this arc does have a main villain, the U6 participants are enough as antagonists.