How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 pm

becos brolys pwa is maximum an he coold beet SSJ4 vegito with eez!1!1! But in all seriousness I thought the idea of Broli doing a Kamehameha was pretty neat and the artwork itself looks pretty nice.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 am

Kaboom wrote:Decided to commemorate my 10,000-post landmark with a Bardock avatar (since his power level is 10,000, get it?). Hunted around for a good image to use, and was having trouble finding one until I thought to look in, whaddyaknow, the avatars thread. A few pages back, Tanooki Kuribo had posted a similar avatar to this, but was also nice enough to provide the original image. I took that, cropped it to my liking, removed the background image, added a nifty soft glow effect, and... shazam.

I really do love how this one looks. I'll probably stick with it for quite a while (unless something else amazing pops up and swipes my affections away).
You know, I always like your avatars. They tend to look really clean and professional.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Updated my scouter avater. It was supposed to be 5 days ago. August 25, 2003. The year I got into internet and message boards. I was 14 years old back then...!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 am

Well, I've had my Terminator-eyed Tori-bot avatar for many years now (made for me by the much-missed Steven Perry), and I had no intention of changing it ever. But, what with the new forum and the increased avatar size limit, it was starting to look a little dusty (sorry Steve)... so I thought I'd fashion myself an upgraded 1080p high-definition widescreen frame-by-frame remastered version.

For this HD upscale I went back to the original Japanese film masters... I mean... original avatar. I've grown very attached to that thing, and tend to identify myself with it very closely, so the plan was to make it pretty much exactly the same as the original, only much higher resolution, to the point where one might not even notice at first glance that it had changed. Basically the only difference is that due to it being a little bigger I could fit in the whole gas mask and some breathing space at the sides, and the background is a slightly lighter shade of red (unintentionally, I have to admit, though it does add to the "new and shiny" vibe :P).

So, I found a nice high-res render of the ol' Bot, cropped it off, coloured the background (rather painstakingly, I must say), used some fancy computer tricketry to add the scary glowing robot eyes, and added the border. Voila, one Blu-ray avatar! And when I get a Blu-ray, I say goodbye to the DVD version...

Image So long, old friend!

All in all, now I feel very... what's the word... refreshed?

Get it, like Kai?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I've been into The Legend of Zelda series lately so I decided to have the most Link-esc DB character as my avatar.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 am

I got my Halloween theme avatar up. Christopher Lee's Dracula is the most bad ass Dracula ever in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 am

I changed mine to Poppy bros. Jr. Egoraptor.....just cause.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 am

My current avatar is Ramenman from Kinnikuman because Kinnikuman is one of my favorite anime/manga (love the manga MUCH more than the anime though), and Ramenman is one of my favorite characters from that series.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Although I will most likely switch back to my Gon avatar, I thought I'd give this avatar a try. Since I've never had an avatar with a villain on it before, Cell is my favorite villain in the series, and Halloween is coming up, it all works out.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Because Burter/Butta/Baata (however you choose to spell it) is one of my favorite characters, I looked for an avatar featuring him in an interesting and/or comedic way. So, chocolate bar it is! Another possibility would be the image where his mouth is wide open and his eyes are popping after Goku elbows him down.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:28 pm

I notice everyone has their Halloween avatar sets up already. Good to see that everyone is in the spirit of Halloween already. 1 more day til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, 1 more day til Halloween, Silver Shamrock :) !

Cookie to anyone who got the reference
She/Her

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Right now, mine's Domon Kasshu from G Gundam using God Gundam's Hypermode.

I've recently gotten into G Gundam (and sorta Gundam on a whole) after many years of kinda shrugging the franchise off. I vaguely recall seeing the first episode of G Gundam back when it first aired on Toonami, but didn't "like" it because it wasn't Gundam as I knew it previously (Wing).

I saw a few more episodes of Wing, since it was on quite frequently, but never really got into it (like with other things, such as Slayers which aired before GT on the international channel at some point) because I was stubbornly obsessed with Dragon Ball at that point.

On a similar note, I've also been watching Wing with my sister (she was a huge fan back in the day), and I'm also working through the 3 0079 films, due to being curious about the original Gundam series (never saw it before). I chose the film trilogy because since I was low on cash (and time) and I saw people on several sites claim the pacing had been improved. My sister also saw some of the original series and said it was way too slow and boring. I've found the films' pacing just fine, and as a 0079 newbie, nothing feels like it's missing. Now, I've heard the Zeta films have serious issues (from some of the same people as well), so I'll likely get the series in that case.

Also, I'm using Gundam as an excuse to get back into models. I loved building the old Bandai Mega Man X model kits back in the day, so that's something else for me to be excited about.

It's a shame I never gave the franchise much of a chance back in the day, but better late than never I suppose (well, maybe not for my wallet at least).
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

That sad thing is, the American release of the films only has the 2000 Special Editions, meaning you aren't getting the original 1981-1982 voice track (with Wakamoto as Gene and Gouri Daisuke as Dozle in the first film). ~_~

But yeah, for Zeta get the series as it's sort of necessary for ZZ and beyond.

Great avatar, by the way. I've been meaning to get back into G Gundam for a while myself. Lot's of Seki Tomokazu fun!
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:52 am

JulieYBM wrote:That sad thing is, the American release of the films only has the 2000 Special Editions, meaning you aren't getting the original 1981-1982 voice track (with Wakamoto as Gene and Gouri Daisuke as Dozle in the first film). ~_~
Wow, that does suck! I bet Daisuke Gouri's performance was great as usual, but it's especially sad with his passing and whatnot. :(

I was wondering why the audio was so good, and that explains it.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:40 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:That sad thing is, the American release of the films only has the 2000 Special Editions, meaning you aren't getting the original 1981-1982 voice track (with Wakamoto as Gene and Gouri Daisuke as Dozle in the first film). ~_~
Wow, that does suck! I bet Daisuke Gouri's performance was great as usual, but it's especially sad with his passing and whatnot. :(

I was wondering why the audio was so good, and that explains it.
Yeah, the Japanese DVDs do include the original audio. Gouri voiced Dozle for the first film, but for whatever reason Genda had to take over for the third. Genda voices Dozle in both the first and third for the 2000 audio recording. Gouri voices him for the TV series completely, though.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 pm

My new avatar is a Xenomorph smoking.
She/Her

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Couldn't resist cleanin' n' croppin' Toriyama's sketch of Goku for Maximum the Hormone. May switch back to Bardock sooner rather than later, but for now...
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Gotta rock the Poppy Bro. Jr.!!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Mine's from that other thread where Toriyama drew Freeza at a Maximum the Hormone concert (cleaned up by DesireCampell).

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 pm

My little way of celebrating the announcement of Kai Buu saga. And since it's a nice looking avatar.