Episode #0180 (21 June 2009)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0180 (21 June 2009)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 am

Episode #0180 (download MP3) (rss feed)
72:46; 64 kbps, mono; 33.3 MB

Episode #0180! VegettoEX and Meri discuss the crazy news involving Blu-ray "Kai" boxsets in Japan and the original DB forthcoming "remastered" sets from FUNimation. Julian and Jeff then join in for a wonderful interview with members of TeamFourStar! "DBZ Abridged" has now completed its first season, so we brought on KaiserNeko and MasakoX to reflect on where the series has taken them and what to expect in the future. June's releases, an e-mail, and the giveaway of the "Dragon Soul" CD single round out the episode! Referenced sites:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:24 am

Very colorful poster.

Been looking forward to another TFS episode. We got a little bit of perspective from the two head writers last time and now with the man himself, Lawrence Simpson.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 am

TFS interview~! YES! X3

Can't wait to hear it. *Downloads*.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:12 am

That's right! MasakoX knows where it's at! Peter Kelamis rules!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 am

Oh, I think my video was the one he was talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSiqZBr ... annel_page

But maybe not... I don't know... :?

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 am

Funny, I just listened to the Korin/Yajirobe rap this afternoon. Was kinda hesitant about it (c'mon, when was the last time you had a good experience with dragon ball and rapping) but after watching it, it was pretty entertaining. Like the Abridged series, there was a crapton of references for the casual and hardcore fan. I'd have to listen to it with captions a couple more times just to spot all of them out.

And yay for a new TFS interview! Must definitely be strange for them to have such a large following after just a year. Though that's YouTube for you, I guess. Very cool to have a glimpse of what's to come in future abridged episodes. Also, thought for a fraction of a second that you guys were above asking for an interview with one of the characters, but I guess even the guys at daizEX couldn't resist :P. Gotta say that ol' Goku and Gohan pulled off the interview rather nicely. No doubt MasakoX was anticipating it.

... and did I hear right Lani and Taka next episode? Sweetness.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 am

That was a very fun, funky, funny episode.

And MasakoX has the same name as me... yay... Lawrences unite.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:28 am

Really nice interview. I look forward to their Freeza :D
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:57 am

The only thing that I really caught was while Goku was rapping in the beginning and I heard Duh-duh da-da-daa..... That's kinda vague, isn't it?
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:07 am

*Nominates Mike to cameo-voice as Appule*.

I know I said that in the Abridged thread itself; but I want to see that. XD

Also lol'd at Abridged!Goku being interviewed. X3

The whole "quote people" thing is an odd YouTube phenomenon; I haven't really participated in it though. I watch and favorite on YouTube way more than I comment. (Though I always make sure to comment on TFS's videos).

MasakoX is my favorite English dub Goku too. :3

I absolutely can't wait til next week's podcast; you're gonna have Lanipator and Takahata101 on at the same time!? That'll be SO good. X3
The Time Traveller wrote:That was a very fun, funky, funny episode.

And MasakoX has the same name as me... yay... Lawrences unite.

*Also yay's*
My name's the female form of that name. :3
Lauren. :3
Tanooki Kuribo wrote: Oh, I think my video was the one he was talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSiqZBr ... annel_page

But maybe not... I don't know... :?
That's the one that immediately popped into my mind too.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 am

Lani+Taka = Vegeta+Nappa fun on the podcast!
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 am

Awesome interview, next week we get Nappa! That should be fun

BTW, are the Mark's wife going to be posted or read on the podcast?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 am

That was really cool to hear my song on the podcast. 8) I must admit, I really don't feel worthy being on the same episode as some of the TeamFourStar guys. I don't know if it's just coincidence, but I got a few more subscribers than usual today. I'll upload a video pretty soon to tell my subs about the episode so maybe I can return the favor by getting you guys a few more listeners too.
I'm not trying to be conceded or anything. It probably looks that way; with me reducing people to numbers... I really do appreciate all of my subscribers, y'know.

This is just a little sidenote about MarineMechX2, but he's also responsible for the Techno remix of WeeklyTubeShow's Piccolo dubs. Some of you guys might remember it.
DaemonCorps wrote:Funny, I just listened to the Karin/Yajirobe rap this afternoon. Was kinda hesitant about it (c'mon, when was the last time you had a good experience with dragon ball and rapping) but after watching it, it was pretty entertaining. Like the Abridged series, there was a crapton of references for the casual and hardcore fan. I'd have to listen to it with captions a couple more times just to spot all of them out.
I can think of a few. While what is or isn't good is entirely subjective, there's no denying that people have put a lot of work into some of these. I'm certainly not the first to try it, lol. Thanks for the feedback, though!
Last edited by Innagadadavida on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:17 am

Maybe this was mentioned sometime during the episode and I forgot, but just how far is season two of Abridged supposed to go up to? Will it cover all of the Freeza arc, or stop before that? Or is it a secret?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:24 am

I loved that interview! MasakoX does make a fantastic Goku. I didn't even know that MasakoX was from England. His American accent as Goku is perfect. I can't wait for the interview with the Vegeta & Nappa voice actors.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 am

Herms wrote:Maybe this was mentioned sometime during the episode and I forgot, but just how far is season two of Abridged supposed to go up to? Will it cover all of the Freeza arc, or stop before that? Or is it a secret?
All the way up through Freeza, per Toon Zone's Abridged series thread.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I'm not trying to be conceded or anything. It probably looks that way; with me reducing people to numbers... I really do appreciate all of my subscribers, y'know.
It's spelled conceited :p

Anywho, now that I've heard the whole thing, I loved the interview with Goku! Epic genius. Mike had BETTER be Appule. Are you reading this Kaiser?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe6l_MwMd5c

I agree. It would be pretty cool to see VegettoEX as Appule.

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:32 am

Err...how can I put this...?

I didn't care for this episode. At all. Between the Abridged guys patting themselves on the back and the Daizenshuu EX guys acting like drooling fanboys and fangirls, the whole thing had me rolling my eyes. And the thought that the next episode of the podcast will be more of the same? Ugh.

(Full disclosure: I'm not really a fan of DBZ Abridged. While I thought it was good at first, I found all the stuff after Vegeta and Nappa landed on Earth to be a chore to sit though).

So maybe my non-fandom is affecting the way I view this episode. But really...is there really nothing else for you guys to fill your podcast time with?
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:29 am

Dogasu wrote:Err...how can I put this...?

I didn't care for this episode. At all. Between the Abridged guys patting themselves on the back and the Daizenshuu EX guys acting like drooling fanboys and fangirls, the whole thing had me rolling my eyes. And the thought that the next episode of the podcast will be more of the same? Ugh.

(Full disclosure: I'm not really a fan of DBZ Abridged. While I thought it was good at first, I found all the stuff after Vegeta and Nappa landed on Earth to be a chore to sit though).

So maybe my non-fandom is affecting the way I view this episode. But really...is there really nothing else for you guys to fill your podcast time with?
While I don't agree in terms of the podcast, I found it to be a great listen, I do kind of share your sentiments about the quality of DBZ Abridged, in my opinion they seem to have kind of lost the balance between comedy and narrative that they had down so perfectly for the first five or six episodes, I find the show enjoyable enough to continue to watch it, but I haven't laughed at a single joke since the Arlia episode (which was a fucking masterpiece).

Anyway, as negative as my comments are I am still looking forward to seeing what they do with the Namek and Freeza stuff.