What Happened to Tenshinhan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

What Happened to Tenshinhan?

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:15 pm

Okay, either my memory isnt that great or I missed something completely. After Ten slows down Buu, he gets knocked out by Buu's legs. But then what happens to him? I never remember seeing him again after that. Did Goku and Vejiita leave him on the earth when it exploded? This just dawned on me when I finished Ten's DU last night.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:11 pm

Ya, he was left on Earth when Kid Buu blew it up. Just like Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:05 pm

He was also healed by Dende, in the anime at least (I don't know about the manga). He wasn't seen again until after Earth was wished back, and he gave his Ki to the Super Genki Dama.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:37 pm

I do actually remember seeing Dende heal him, but do they just leave him alive on Earth?

Big Hamster

Post by Big Hamster » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:41 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:But do they just leave him alive on Earth?
This is Weird but they leaved him on Earth , strange situation

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:42 pm

Big Hamster, are you from some other country? Your english really doesnt make sense

Big Hamster

Post by Big Hamster » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:49 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Big Hamster, are you from some other country? Your english really doesnt make sense
I'm from poland BTW you forgot to add ' to doesnt the original word is doesn't

Next time post this on PM now get back to the Tenshinhan question

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:55 pm

Big Hamster wrote:Next time post this on PM now get back to the Tenshinhan question
I think you should leave the moderation up to me, thanks.

I'm going to agree... your English just does not make a lot of sense. We're having a tough time understanding you, which is why people are bringing that subject up. Be sure to read this thread for some hints on how to write a little better.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:42 pm

His English isn't terrible, I mean, I can understand it...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:51 pm

He sounds a lot better than some people I've seen on other English-speaking forums.

Anywho, on the Tenshinhan thing, it is strange how Toriyama brought him into the scene all of a sudden, then quickly forgot about him (until the Genki Dama thing). Then again, Toriyama does forget quite frequently.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:52 pm

Big Hamster wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:Big Hamster, are you from some other country? Your english really doesnt make sense
I'm from poland BTW you forgot to add ' to doesnt the original word is doesn't

Next time post this on PM now get back to the Tenshinhan question
For somebody who doesn't use periods, I don't think you should be correcting others. And to all those defending him... sure, it can be translated, 90% of the time. But is that good enough for Daizex? No. Proper punctuation isn't a University-level thing. Especially when there's a Daizex grammar guide...

Such a tiny effort can go a long way. Please.

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:59 am

Maybe it was fan letters. They would usually be the cause of some things in mangas, I think.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:39 am

I love that scene, when i first saw it in like 1996 i almost jumped out of my chair (he is my favorite character after all). It's a shame that the less powerful characters like Tenshinhan and Yamcha were left out of the storyline after the Cell Games.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:56 pm

I still say that Toriyama should have let Yamcha and Tien learn Kaioken, so they could have done a little bit more in the Android/Cell Saga. Or surprise everyone by having Tien hit #17 with a point-blank kikoho while Cell and #16 were fighting. At that range, I don't think that 17 could survive.

ChibiKenji
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ChibiKenji » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:44 am

I really don't think the Kaio-ken would have made that big a difference to Ten/Yamcha's use in the series. I doubt they would have ended up topping 100,000 PL, and even then with KKx20 they'd be not much stronger than Piccolo at the end of the Freeza arc. And as we all saw, that sort of power was made redundant in no time.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am

I know that it wouldn't be much, but at least they's put up a fight a little. I also admit I didn't like how Yamcha got shafted in the Android saga. During DB, he wanted to take on King Piccolo with a broken leg, yet in the Android saga, they made him a big wussie. Movie #9 shows that as well.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:07 am

It's obvious the human characters never got close to as powerful as, say, the Saiyans. However, Tenshinhan's neutralizing Boo's attack shows he must have progressed quite a bit since the last time he was shown fighting. Perhaps Toriyama intended to have Tenshinhan play an actual role in the fight, but he just forgot about him by the time Son Goku came back. Either that or it was just a short appearance in what would have been the last battle, since Gohan was supposed to be the hero, if I remember correctly.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:24 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Movie #9 shows that as well.
God, dont even mention movie #9. That scene just irritates me. Yamucha and Tenshinhan put up a better fight against the Cell jrs than Bojack's men. -_-

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Ten fights base Trunks in movie 9...ha... :lol:
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:08 pm

It's sometimes weird that the less weaker ones are liked by a few. Especially that I'm the only one using the human characters in the Budokai games.

I remember a interview regarding Dragon Ball's voice actors (Japan), that the guy who plays Yamcha goes to a few kids saying who he is and they say "Well, that's Yamcha!" or something.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]